Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

KA-52 Alligator Released

Downloaded it off flashpoint.ru just before ofp.info put it up.

Damn nice addon but the rotorwash script is a bit heavy on FPS. The included pilots are pretty good too.

Yep this is top class. It looks great, sounds great, has some very neat effects and when you wreck it there's bits and pieces everywhere biggrin_o.gif Almost forgot about the cockpit...damn that looks mighty fine wow_o.gif

Excellent stuff.

woah, been waiting for one of these for ages , nice smile_o.gif

edit#1: just tried it, very nice, the ability for the human gunner to semi control the flight of the AI pilot is very useful, i like it a lot

edit#2: that smoke script lowers 20 fps, and the über flares make it very nearly impossible to shoot it down with manpads :\

so far ive managed to get 2 wrecks for every KA52 ive shot down!

Strange that it happens to you so much, it's only ever happened to me once. I've noticed that the lower LODs on the pilots are untextured though.

Nice to see another Su-34 in the works too since Hudson and Pennywise's slipped off the radar.

I think Vits one is different, the textures on this one seem more grey than Vits

Got it, and got to say it's beautiful! Hehe play as a solider and piss off this bird. The sound of it's shells snapping around you is cool.

I got to run more tests but, I shot an uber missile that I configed and it can take out a group of planes at once. And it didn't seem to phase this helo.....but like I said I have to run more tests.

Awesome helo that everyone should try!

Jeez finally tounge2.gif not enough russian helo's. does anyone else have the weapon names in foreignish?? crazy_o.gif Totally agree with the pissin of this bird of its great when it strafes over you. im glad other people have been missin with the man pads... i thought i must have been growing a tumour. cockpit details great. lol told my ai pilot to land it... he just decided to smash it into the floor bad karma for the chopper and an innocent squad of spetznas. hope there is a version 2 with camo schemes not just prototype scheme. and different loadouts would kick ass too. dont forget gunpods biggrin_o.gif ... well theres my idea anyway great addon and about time inlove.gif

Love this chopper...but....some really strange things are happenin in it.objects are appearing and disappearing in cockpit view???...pop ups.I've checked other helo's and they are fine.Is there something in the cockpit causing this??

WOW!!!! Definately one of the BEST helicopter addons for OFP!!!!!

Just the weapon names are originally in russian/kyrillic letters, but OFP hasnt a kyrillic letter plugin, so they are displayed wrong. But nevermind.

I especially like the cool scripts and speech sounds which create a cool atmosphere!! GREAT JOB!!!!! smile_o.gif

The sounds on this baby are just AMAZING! Having it flying as airsupport as me and a platoon of Motorized infantry charge into Petrovice is really quite something biggrin_o.gif

He should binarize it. I did it without any problems....

But a very nice chopper!! Replaced my BIS V-80 biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but OFP hasnt a kyrillic letter plugin

Acacyn, OFP does have a cryllic letter plugin. wink_o.gif

I think Vits one is different, the textures on this one seem more grey than Vits

You mean the mods,their not Vit's textures,I'm not getting onto the guy this time because he asked permission but you people seem to keep actin as if he did it all himself,how abou giving most of the creidt to the POE mod hmm.

This choppers pretty awesome,it should replace the V-80 on the replacement mods biggrin_o.gif

V80 is still used alongside the K52 Mi28 and hind, better to be used to blance out Apache, and V80 counter AH1. Oh58 counter balnce Mi-2, and KA60/M8/17 - UH60/UH1.

Does anyone else get wrecks floating ontop of water? And I haven't had any problems with double wrecks yet, but I am getting multiple canopy's lieing around the crash site.

LOL... flew to close as I shot one down, got hit with the ejected parts. Didn't kill me but it did kinda startle me smile_o.gif

Usually the floating wrecks issue is part of the whole frame,basicly since you have custom wreck models they tend to float on water and the real wreck,the crumpled is send to 0 on the map,basicly you will see the real one under the water and the model wreck above the water,its a common issue and not one that seems to be solvable just yet.

V80 is still used alongside the K52 Mi28 and hind, better to be used to blance out Apache, and V80 counter AH1. Oh58 counter balnce Mi-2, and KA60/M8/17 - UH60/UH1.

So they need the Ka-52, the Mi-28, the Ka-50 AND the Hind to balance out the Apache?! crazy_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
V80 is still used alongside the K52 Mi28 and hind, better to be used to blance out Apache, and V80 counter AH1.  Oh58 counter balnce Mi-2, and KA60/M8/17 - UH60/UH1.

Correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression that the KA-52 has NOT entered military service. Infact its still listed as a SINGLE production prototype from what i can find, with no firm orders to buy or produce any other airframes from anyone due to the spiralling devleopment costs.

So they need the Ka-52, the Mi-28, the Ka-50 AND the Hind to balance out the Apache?! crazy_o.gif

Nah,believe it or not the BIS apache isnt all that strong,heck I found the AH-1 to be a bit more feesable than the apache,its not hard at all to kill the crew,just aim at the cockpit glass and let the bullets fly through.

From what I know, The KA52 Kamov or (Hokum) is one of Russia's new primary attack/CAS aircraft the other is the MI28. It's actually a fast helicopter. The AH1S Cobra flys at around 220KM/H. This bird however, with its Dual Blades can reach 300+ and max out at 340KM/H that's fast. Its side by side seating lightens the workload on the pilot and improves overall effectiveness. This helo is an offshoot of the single seater KA50 and that's basically the V80 prototype currantly in flashpoint. The V80 was later developed into the KA50 and this the "KA52" is its bigger brother.

As the readme is not in English, I'll state some of the features I've spotted. crazy_o.gif

* Animated Doors

* Pilot and gunner animated engine startup

* Detailed cockpit (with little lights)

* Retractable landing gear

* Engine fire, smoke and fire extinguish script

* Actual flight control malfuctions upon damage

* Nice crew ejection sequence

* Visible static aircraft wreak upon destruction

A very nice addon and a much needed addition to our OFP.

Good Job Evgeni  biggrin_o.gif

V80 is still used alongside the K52 Mi28 and hind, better to be used to blance out Apache, and V80 counter AH1.  Oh58 counter balnce Mi-2, and KA60/M8/17 - UH60/UH1.

Correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression that the KA-52 has NOT entered military service.  Infact its still listed as a SINGLE production prototype from what i can find, with no firm orders to buy or produce  any other airframes from anyone due to the spiralling devleopment costs.

Nope, it hasn't. That's why it runs around airshows in black. The future of even the Ka-50 is not certain.