Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Could someone explain what the different tank ammo for Abrams are? STAFF, MPAT, APAM (which does not work, by the way). APDS is against tank´s right?

Took a closer look, APAM works fine, it´s MPAT that does not work. The crew reloads MPAT but does not fire. banghead.gif

APAM= antipersonnel/antimaterial ammunition (APAM), www.gd-ots.com/sitepages/dirfire.html

As you pointed out, the APAM ammunition is used as antipersonell round. It's based on the M1028 canister round filled with about 1000 tungsten balls which can be used against infantry and non/light armored vehicles.

http://www.defense-update.com/products/digits/120he-mp.htm#XM1028

I take it that these rounds are NATO compatible, i.e. can be used by Leopard 2? Any idea if Europe has anyhting similar? smile_o.gif

Hope everything's OK with Tarik, long time we've heard from him confused_o.gifsad_o.gif

Hi,

No worries, just getting a little busy with some real-life occupations, otherwise everything's Ok!

smile_o.gif

Anyways, as previously stated, the patch is almost done and several replacements and enhancements have been carried out, 1 or 2 addons are still required to accomplish it entirely.

Meanwhile, a very detailed list of improvements will be published soon.

Quote[/b] ]On a side note, any chance you could tell me the name of the track 1.ogg in the music.pbo for 2006?

USS Alabama Main Track (By Hanz Zimmer).

Quote[/b] ]Just wondering why Nogova looks so weird in FFUR

As previously mentioned, this effect will be redefined to make the island textures as they were.

Quote[/b] ]The best could be an ingame menu like ecp where we can choose the effects we want!

Indeed, but this needs a specifical scripting architecture that might require a lot of time of work.

Anyways, the turrets 'blowing-off' script has been randomized for the next incoming patch.

Quote[/b] ]Hey TB, how about giving Russian Tanks Refleks and HE-FRAG rounds to balance out the fact that the Abrams has STAFF and APAM?

We will try to make all tanks ammunitions the most authentic possible with OFP realism guru (King Homer) support.

:-)

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Every file included in the FFUR 2006 folder is needed to run propely the mod.

Regards

TB84

Hye TB, if youre thiking of changing any of the quotes about war I read a brilliant one the other day -

"The essence of war is violence and thus moderation in war is imbecility" - Admiral John Fisher

True, but interesting to see what certain people think about war, and they way they should be fought.

had some time today and reworked the G36 sight.

old one we have in the packs:

G36.jpg

NEW ONE

G36NEWBig.jpg

(the reticle (cross) has the same size with both textures, so there is no difference in aiming. only that you won't see so much arround the scope with the new texture)

just wanted to know which is prefered by the FFUR fans ?

benus

had some time today and reworked the G36 sight.

old one we have in the packs:

G36.jpg

NEW ONE

G36NEWBig.jpg

(the reticle (cross) has the same size with both textures, so there is no difference in aiming. only that you won't see so much arround the scope with the new texture)

just wanted to know which is prefered by the FFUR fans ?

benus

The new looks nice and useful. pistols.gif

It looks liek superb work but as quite a few you aim by looking directly in it and that means you mainly see the reticule and not much of the weap.

The way it is now its eyecandy but makes the reticules and their range values completely useless

Guess why most scopes got a rubber part at the back not cause you look trough it from 10 centimeters distance i guess wink_o.gif

I hope you dont see this as nitpicking its just a personal observation and it is one of the things that bugs me most in FFUR

smile_o.gif true all your word are 100 % correct.

and true the range values are useless. but better to have them, then just leaving them ... and for me it is still a game ... and it needs some eyecandy smile_o.gif

and it is better then the old one ! smile_o.gif

benus

Sure its better looking in any way but isnt it even better to be aiming using the reticles as they were intended?

Especially for RPG sights thats a very important thing.

Hi, hey... this backpack model's the AAO's backpack, that's inside the INQ HTTV, & the M1's and maybe also in the M60A1

AAO Backpack

backpack27ro.jpg

AAO Backpack

aao.jpg

I think that those models will look great in the Eversman's SWAT units, those ACU soldiers and some LSR units. Let's C ya

some EYECANDY smile_o.gif

benelli.jpg

new M4 Aimpoint ironsight for a new model smile_o.gif

newaimpointM4.jpg

benus

thats some really nice looking ironsight thumbs-up.gif

very very good job

peace out

zigzag

Nice update, those sights are looking really good. The sight for the shotgun looks especially awesome, a far cry from the original BIS one (though that was for the Kolicze). smile_o.gif