Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

* FML

Is that Farmland?

Everyone else I know tounge2.gif

Looking good BTW, gonna get some more space on my HD, and then test it on my shitcomp, for a lowend runtest tounge2.gif

JW

smile_o.gif

The machinegunners are also fixed in the next patch afaik

good to hear, thanks for the info.

Quote[/b] ]but the fact that the Russian 50 was repalced with a really low down machine gun which just skims the sand bag is the problem im suggesting it to be reaplaced with the taller one which was in the previous pack

Maybe replace BIS sandbags with those from Ai Cover Pack?? I common use that and i would be very nice to see this in upcoming patch. And i hope you fixed CTD that was 100% caused by death anims (wanted to use those anims with ECP) if yes, it would be greates mod i ever seen smile_o.gif.

I was kind of wondering about those things too, some of which I thought were pretty interesting. Namely the feature where AI surrendered if you inflicted heavy casualties on them. As far as I can remember those features didn't prove to increase lag.

It didnt - but it broke missions like hell banghead.gif

Replacing the sand bags with what htey did in ECP would be a great idea would make sand bags not look like there all crumbled and instead they would stay like normal and AI will still shoot over.

I found a way for TB to keep the death anims in and to solve the CTD's. The original idea was doing config work to randomly chose a death anim to play which is what cause the CTD. In my way the animations are replaced directly into the anim.pbo so no config work to cause CTD's.

Works for me hopefully TB's tests will result with everything fine.

Cant wait for this patch and with my new computer on the way its going to be great yay.gif

But pleae dont rush the release dont want any bugs being missed.

I don't know if it allreadys been asked, but TB84 said that the ffur winter and desert would become modern des/winter.

ffur 1985 woodland -are the bugs in it going to be fixed or its its "disbanded" ? and it will also be nice to replace the 1985 m16 sound with the 2006 m16 sound smile_o.gif

grretz,

mp_phonix

<quiet cough> GB's Indirect Fire scripts <end quiet cough>

yes please.

Quote[/b] ]<quiet cough> GB's Indirect Fire scripts <end quiet cough>

Oh yes, that would be great

FFUR2006 is really awesome. Thanks again for Your efforts.

After few weeks of missions I've some questions.

Any help will be very appreciate.

Please,

- can I add and use other islands (Berghoff's islands, i.e.)?

- I've read at ofp.cz. about upcoming 'AfganEveron 2 island and Taliban Vs Northern Alliance V.2 pack'. Is't possible to install and try addons like this using   FFUR2006?

- I'd like to add magazines in crates, but I'm in trouble to find right names (this addmagazine "svddragunov", i.e.).

I's there a list of all FFUR2006 weapons and magazine names for these scripts?

Please, excuse me ... I understand my questions can appears stupid for a lot of players, but I'm not expert. (Honeslty I appreciate FFUR because of automatic installation).

Thanks for patience. Best regards.

Hi everybody,

Quote[/b] ]A classname reference to include non-bis classnames used in the pack to assist in mission editing (is there one out there?)

This would be included to the next patch.

Quote[/b] ]I want to advocate the return of the 40mm M433 HEDP Vest

This has been taken out because you were able to clean a whole village with a M203, but as people requested, it would be added as well.

Quote[/b] ]are the sounds of explosions of missiles off heli's and airplanes , didn't test other missiles yet , only if they didn't hit an object , but just the ground , you just get some squeezy , weird sound.

As previously stated, the sounds will be updated and several new Heavy impacts SFX would be incorporated.

Quote[/b] ]yes but the patch could be a while if we have to wait for the sounds to get fixed and the RHS units to get released

We envisage including KH/InQ Abrams 3.1, RHS incoming Mi-24 and probably some SJB upcoming weapons pack too.

If 1 of these packs would take a while then the patch would be released without these addons to allow people playing without getting the CTD issue and a secondary patch would probably be published in order to include these addons once they're released.

Quote[/b] ]but the fact that the Russian 50 was repalced with a really low down machine gun which just skims the sand bag is the problem im suggesting it to be reaplaced with the taller one which was in the previous pack

If there's no way to replace the sand bag by a lower one then the Dshk would be put back again.

Quote[/b] ] was kind of wondering about those things too, some of which I thought were pretty interesting

The reasons behind the withdrawal of these features are quite large (some of them were causing CTDs, some others were behind all error messages, and several others have been removed because of people requests...)

Quote[/b] ]And i hope you fixed CTD that was 100% caused by death anims

All errors and bugs reported thus far have been fixed, we're currently polishing some details with the hope to see some RHS or SJB addons getting released.

Quote[/b] ]are the bugs in it going to be fixed or its its "disbanded" ? and it will also be nice to replace the 1985 m16 sound with the 2006 m16 sound

The FFUR 1985 pack would be entirely reworked, the same as with the FFUR 2006, several features and enhancements are envisaged.

Quote[/b] ]<quiet cough> GB's Indirect Fire scripts <end quiet cough>

This script sounds interesting, but it has been especially done for mission makers because it requires 'invisible' targets.

Quote[/b] ]- can I add and use other islands (Berghoff's islands, i.e.)?

One of the major features of this pack is that it allows you using it with extra 'addons'.

Quote[/b] ]- I've read at ofp.cz. about upcoming 'AfganEveron 2 island and Taliban Vs Northern Alliance V.2 pack'. Is't possible to install and try addons like this using FFUR2006?

You can do that as long as this pack doesn't have a 'main' config, (SFP, BAS, DMA, BOH... can be used with FFUR without any problem because they don't have any 'main' config unlike FDF, Y2K3 or EECP).

Quote[/b] ]- I'd like to add magazines in crates, but I'm in trouble to find right names (this addmagazine "svddragunov", i.e.).

I's there a list of all FFUR2006 weapons and magazine names for these scripts?

As said above, a complete list of 'Classes names' and 'Scripts' will be included to the incoming readme.

Btw, Another minor update of the US soldier:

*Addition of a second backpack to some of the US Army personnel, now 2 Backpacks are available.

1st Backpack

backpack14zv.jpg

2nd Backpack

backpack27ro.jpg

Cheers to offtime for his 3D backpack.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

No offense, but the textures look abit cartoony smile_o.gif

No offense, but the textures look abit cartoony

Probably because the 2 shots posted above don't show'em too well...

Here are some clear Screenshots. (Posted a couple of days ago)

Regards

TB84

Thanks for the update.

Haven't enjoyed OFP like this in such a long while , FFUR for president !

Eh.. yay.gif

Thundebird,is there any chance to replace old computers in menu by new laptops like in FFUR euro?I think they look much better and make a sense of modern times.

Also a hardcoded weapons aren't good as they bring down compatibility with such packs as Laser weapons pack (this is going to Carl Gustav launcher).Check it please.I'm saying it as his beta tester.

RHS Mi24...sounds good,but why release patch now and than make a hotfix to it changing CSLA's Mi onto RHS'?I believe the release will be on 9th of may (Day of victory in Russia) and Arma is coming probably in a month than.Maybe it would a be a wiser solution?

And last remark about Dshkm...Don't replace it.It's not in use for a 50 years already...

Oh, really nice TB, answered everyones q's except mine.

Oh, really nice TB, answered everyones q's except mine.

Sorry, it sometimes happen that I miss one or two questions...

Quote[/b] ]Is that Farmland?

Indeed.

Quote[/b] ]Thundebird,is there any chance to replace old computers in menu by new laptops like in FFUR euro?

I don't see anything against the current comp and it looks more 'Military' than the FFUR Euro one. :-p

Quote[/b] ]hardcoded weapons aren't good as they bring down compatibility

There's nothing one can do as long as 'extra' weapons are derived from BIS weapons classes.

e.g : If an extra M14 would be derived from the M21 class then it would be having the same values, and in FFUR 2006, the M21 is replaced by the M24 which has 5 bullets, so the M14 would automatically be getting 5 bullets as well, as long as the M14 would not have its own 'magazines' line.

Regards

Thunderbird84

as a future inclusion if your still going maybe ffur 2007 or 2008 or any other present day ffur, i'd strongly consider using the final version of BLB's SCAR pack  whistle.gif

as a future inclusion if your still going maybe ffur 2007 or 2008 or any other present day ffur, i'd strongly consider using the final version of BLB's SCAR pack whistle.gif

Hopefully ArmA might be around before then whistle.gif