Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Benus your a genius

Couldnt have put it better myself

I became lazy in trying to read the entire thread to see if anyone had noticed a bug I discovered in FFUR 2006.

When ever trying to mann a heavy machine gun, the gunner buries himself all the way down to his waist. All you can see is the tripod below.

The other one is with the wheels of the T80, they look square, including the drive sprocket. You can actually see the tips of these wheels protruding through the treads.

Try including more 40mm grenades in the ammo crates and supply trucks for the GP-25 grenade launcher, they lack in the game.

Strela missile carriers fire at tanks when one comes into range and sometimes fire at the ground.

Can anything be done to fix the stuttering sound of automatic AK firing? The M-16 works fine but the AK does not.

Oh, and how about adding a decent looking GP-25 grenade launcher sight. Gotta love that weapon!!

These are a few minor details that could enhance the game cosiderably. The Mod itself is awsome, just can´t stop playing.

Good Work  thumbs-up.gif

damnit... if i had a better cam with resonably ok macro setting i would hand you a pic of a Comp M3 aimpont sight (with rubber coating for protection though)

i find the last screens of the new iron sights being just BRILLIANT!

very nice smile_o.gif

about the dude burying himself i posted that a while back wink_o.gif the t80 is being fixed aswell i think but tb will have to tell u about the rest

I love the new sights. especially the m136

I became lazy in trying to read the entire thread to see if anyone had noticed a bug I discovered in FFUR 2006.

When ever trying to mann a heavy machine gun, the gunner buries himself all the way down to his waist. All you can see is the tripod below.

Try including more 40mm grenades in the ammo crates and supply trucks for the GP-25 grenade launcher, they lack in the game.

Strela missile carriers fire at tanks when one comes into range and sometimes fire at the ground.

Machinegun thing has been mentioned plenty of time before, but I cant blame you for not wanting to read through 200+ pages to find wink_o.gif

The Strela thing is a bug in the engine, the way the engine works is that a missile can only lock onto ground targets, or it can lock onto both, theres no aerial only option. You'll notice this with any SAM orr AA missile addon or unit in OFP.

I think the grenade belt was mentioned, have to ask TB, but I'd also like to see them return

I wouldnt mind a reduced version of the Grenade belt becuase you could just play Rambo with the whole vest as it has 24 nades iirc and you could easily take an entire town on your own.

Maybe around 10nades or 15nades would be better?

Edit - Oh yeah Top notch work Benus

I wouldnt mind a reduced version of the Grenade belt becuase you could just play Rambo with the whole vest as it has 24 nades iirc and you could easily take an entire town on your own.

Does anyone know how much a real life Grenade Belt hold? To be honest, Im not a great fan of grenade launchers in OFP, I prefer doing things the old fashioned way

pistols.gif

Ok, let´s add those grenade belts then yay.gif

Plus that Gp-25 grenade launcher sight pistols.gif

Machinegun thing has been mentioned plenty of time before, but I cant blame you for not wanting to read through 200+ pages to find wink_o.gif

The Strela thing is a bug in the engine, the way the engine works is that a missile can only lock onto ground targets, or it can lock onto both, theres no aerial only option. You'll notice this with any SAM orr AA missile addon or unit in OFP.

I think the grenade belt was mentioned, have to ask TB, but I'd also like to see them return

I hope they fix this in ArmA because, I was just testing the Stringer and Javilen against the Mig-29, and the Javilen managed to take it out in one try, while the stinger could not at all crazy_o.gif

I hope they fix that bug in the engine, because it would be nice to have SAM only missiles.

Oh, a few things I noticed, but don't know if you knew, if you try to use the mortar (rifle grenade) with the M4, it turns into the M16.

Anyway, still super fun to play, and keep up the good work notworthy.gif

Sad but true, hopefully in ArmA they change the way explosions inflict damage, it sucks when you're on one side of a house and a grenade goes off on the other and you still end up dead, I don't see how the fragmentation would be able to get to you.

theres a couple variations of 40mm vests

This one has 24 pouches for grenades

grenadevest.jpg

Combat loadouts vary for purpose and service. We carry 18 in a vest for most cases... to include peace time security at state-side bases. I think I've read a combat load for the Marines is like 36.

for a realistic scenario 12 would be kinda short for a Grenadier.

realistically speaking 18-24 would be good... but if you care more about play balance then that's up for dispute.

I hope they fix this in ArmA because, I was just testing the Stringer and Javilen against the Mig-29, and the Javilen managed to take it out in one try, while the stinger could not at all crazy_o.gif

I hope they fix that bug in the engine, because it would be nice to have SAM only missiles.

Oh, a few things I noticed, but don't know if you knew, if you try to use the mortar (rifle grenade) with the M4, it turns into the M16.

Anyway, still super fun to play, and keep up the good work notworthy.gif

You managed to hit a MIG-29 with a Javelin? huh.gif

you are aware that the javelin was originally developed as an AA weapon AND it still posseses limited AA capabilities even in its new current role? Granted, i doubt its capable of catching a MIG, although not read anything for or against this

isnt the rbs70 a bit like the javelin but dedicated AA with limited AT capabillites?

I reckon 12 40mm grenades will be just right for FFUR. Not too many that a hole town can be secured and still enough to make the Grenadier an effective soldier in the squad.

isnt the rbs70 a bit like the javelin but dedicated AA with limited AT capabillites?

yes, exept that RBS70 isnt shoulder launched, it´s mounted on a support and has radar and IFF reciver and stuff like that wink_o.gif

but yes, it is a AA missile wich can engage ground target if needed

btw, RPG can also engage air targets even though it is a shoulder held AT weapon tounge2.gif (my point here is that most weapons can do things they are not designed for more or less successful, it´s all about the one using it)

you are aware that the javelin was originally developed as an AA weapon AND it still posseses limited AA capabilities even in its new current role? Granted, i doubt its capable of catching a MIG, although not read anything for or against this

Yeah, against a slow moving chopper, but not a Mach 2+ capable combat aircraft. As has been pointed out, you could say that a potato gun is an AA weapon too