Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

ok, and the next patch is supposed to fix or at least reduce the ctd's? Because i can't play a normal game without a single ctd's each time. Not using the sky pack either.

Did you even read the last ~40 pages or so? (or for that matter, any of the thread at all). Yes, most (all?) of the causes for CTD's have been/will be fixed for the next patch according to Thunderbird.

ok, and the next patch is supposed to fix or at least reduce the ctd's? Because i can't play a normal game without a single ctd's each time. Not using the sky pack either.

Yeah listen to jackal. All of the known CTD's have been fixed. There was probaly some CTD's that the FFUR team missed so just wait and see.

Ya, it's just to bad there wasn't a patch to fix the CTD's and then a later update for the mod.

Good luck trying to fix the CTD issue yourself. I'm sure it took the FFUR team tons of work and headaches to figure that one out.

Guest Ti0n3r

Erm.. Sorry for being a dick, but what do I put in the init field to add a M4A1 Bipod?

In FFUR the M4a1 bipod is a replacement to the XMS. So just Enter [unit name] addweapon "XMS"

Guest Ti0n3r

Oh.. Thanks a lot smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Could the patch fix the ending sequence of the OFP campaign also.

Do you mean an actual BIS problem becuase thats not what ffur is meant to do but if its a problem only with ffur then hopefully even though i havent seen any problem

lol

i was in a res t55 fighting a russian dloaded t55

and whenb i destroyed the russian "plop" not a reccongnised vehicle or something like that and the tank disapeared without leaving a hole in the ground or anything :P only the soldiers and their blood was there tounge2.gif

I CAN DO MAGIC! tounge2.gif

Could the patch fix the ending sequence of the OFP campaign also.

You mean the problem where the credits don't fully play out. I don't think the patch will fix that its too small, barely noticable.

lol

i was in a res t55 fighting a russian dloaded t55

and whenb i destroyed the russian "plop" not a reccongnised vehicle or something like that and the tank disapeared without leaving a hole in the ground or anything :P only the soldiers and their blood was there

I CAN DO MAGIC!

Ah yes thats when you destroy a third party addon that executes the same scripts as the BIS t55 but the 3rd party addon is not in the "boom.sqs" vehicle load in. So the unit just gets removed from the game. Big glitch. possibly isn't fixed by FFUR team.

Guest Ti0n3r

I would kiss their feet if they released something like that. So, yeah :S

anybody think a FFUR WW2 would be a good project?

I prefer modern all the way but I wo0uld give it a try, just b/c FFUR rocks in general

anybody think a FFUR WW2 would be a good project?

I prefer modern all the way but I wo0uld give it a try, just b/c FFUR rocks in general

that would be damn cool.

but how should you solve the problems with the non existing choppers during ww2?

would break just about every mission and every campaign :/

a FFUR Vietnam version would be better then.....

I did some WWII CTI's back when fifth element was around. The AI planes started in the air. I even made anderson dm and plane frenzy using WWII addons. This was quite awile ago. I believe the FX mod was also used in the pack.

WWII mods are generally not to be used with regular bis missions. Although there were some missions converted for the old mod Fifth Element did.

yeh i used to play ww2 cti on that server too, shame it is no longer around. I think if ffur ww2 was made it would be more for mp user made missions rather than play bis campeigns etc

Vietnam sounds better than WWII.

I really like this mod and the game itself except for one thing. How come there is no gravity for the bullets?  I can shoot a guy 2000+ feet away from me with almost any gun. Any way to reduce the range like the law launcher that use gravity with ffur?

I would much, much rather see a 1985 conversion before all the fancy stuff.

Beh, if anything there should be an artillery system included with the next update.

Quote[/b] ]anybody think a FFUR WW2 would be a good project?

I think that's a great idea though with Invasion 1944 having merged with another WWII mod and WWIIECs already been hard at work and having much addons in progress I would think it'd be hard to consolidate all the various units. Plus I think there's been way more modern/current addons having been made than that of WWII ones.

As for the next FFUR2006 I think it will be great as it will be one of the last big mods for OFPR before ArmA hits. I know not everyone likes the use of the Llauma's heads on some of the new units (despite me liking them a lot) I certainly could play OFPR a lot longer before thinking about checking out ArmA. That and the need to upgrade my computer as the current version of FFUR2006 takes a lot from it.

Beh, if anything there should be an artillery system included with the next update.

This would unbalance gameplay quite a bit.

I remember downloading THE original FFUR mod when it was first released. It appealed and stood out to me over Y2K3 and E-ECP because it had a 1985 theme, and was not just another modern-war replacement mod with pretty effects. It would be a good idea not to lose sight of the mod for what it is, a replacement mod to enhance BIS campaigns.