Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

So there must be an error in the multiplayer config?

Only a guess.

edit:

I meant because of the sound broblems.

INSTALLING THE SKY PACK:

sry that we missed to add a readme.

to the follwing:

extract FFUR_Sky_pack.rar

now you have 2 folders: "Llauma + effects" and "Module + effects".

choose the one you want to use....

now take BIN, NEWDATA folders and the install.bat that you find in the folder you choose and copy them into your "\OperationFlashpoint\ffur2006" folder.

skypackinst.jpg

now PRESS the install.bat ...

(and yes it will always say that it's to install Llauma's sky, even though you chose the modulsky)

benus

and just to say it: IT WAS EXPLAINED BY ebns72 on page 161:

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Kin Hil @ Mar. 11 2006,03:18)

Finished, but how do I install skypack?

choose either llauma or modul. open either of the folders, it should have "bin" "newdata" and an instal.bat inside. move these three files into your FFUR directory (for example, C:/program files/codemasters/operation flashpoint/ffur2006 (or whatever).

Then, click the install.bat. and just wait. eventually it should say that it has completed the installation. then just run ffur and it will have the skies.

EDIT: thought i might add the difference between llauma and modul-they are two different sky packs, two different sets of textures.

here are screenshots of either from ofp.info:

This is modul

this is llauma

Edited by ebns72 on Mar. 11 2006,03:24

By doing this it will overwrite the original 2006 bin folder.

huh.gifhuh.gifcrazy_o.gif

the Bin folder will be overwritten !!! YES and huh.gif what does it do ? it JUST adds this file: cpbo.exe ... so nothing is changed so far.

sometimes it is a good idea to see what is in the folder by opening it icon_rolleyes.gif

benus

I placed the cpbo.exe in the bin folder by hand, now it shoud work.

yes, let it overwrite

nothing IN the folder will be changed, exept for the addition of the files needed for the install.bat.

so simply...

move the folders/files (bin, newdata and install.bat) to the ffur folder, let it overwrite the bin folder, it is ok.. and then run the install.bat

now everything should work smile_o.gif

one silly question...is it posible to remove the sky pack after installing it ? huh.gif

As said in the previous page, the MP config will be fixed very soon, and the same goes to the rest of other minor issues reported by people.

Detailed instructions about How to install the sky packs will be included as well.

Quote[/b] ]Very nice mod.But i have some problems.

-in mission "rescue" the team "black bear" don't destroy the tank,

then he comes from the hill and the mission fails.

The whole campaign has been tested with 'The island pack' that's why it's recommended and not just 'optional'.

Quote[/b] ]one silly question...is it posible to remove the sky pack after installing it ?

Good question, (It will be added to the FFUR FAQ)

Open your ffur2006 folder and delete your ffur2006\dta\Htwl folder and data.pbo/Data3d.pbo.

Also make sure to read the Readme file or the previous pages of this thread before asking the same question please.

Hopefully the patch will be done tonight or within 1 or 2 days.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]Posted on Mar. 11 2006,14:05one silly question...is it posible to remove the sky pack after installing it ? huh.gif

sure:

go to you "\ffur2006\Dta" folder and delet the whole "hwtl"-folder and the data.pbo + data3d.pbo.

benus

Ooo loving this so far notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gifbiggrin_o.gif

A few things :

- Gunner view for OH-58 (tried from pilot position) is white screen

- Why was the AH-1 changed from USMC to US Army? The Army doesn't use the Cobra anymore

- The FFAR eplosion sound is rather weak and "pop"-y, sounds like a 25mm shell. I can't say I've actually heard an FFAR exploding in real life, but I dunno, compared to what the FFAR explosion used to sound like, this sounds weak

- The APFSDS round makes BIS hand grenade sound when exploding

- MPAT and STAFF don't seem to have a visual effect (I only fired them onto the ground though so far)

- I LOVE the flying turret effect. Perhaps making them twist a bit would look even cooler, right now they stay straight when flying.

- I LOVE the secondary explosions and damage visual effects on armoured vehicles (sparks, flames, smoke) s'allll good biggrin_o.gif

- I don't like white writing on sand coloured background (in Mission Editor) and I spend a lot of time there so could get quite tiring on the eyes after a while.

- THANKYOU for changing the reticule!! biggrin_o.gif I love this new green one and you took up my suggestion too thumbs-up.gif

Well, off to play some more now biggrin_o.gif

Thanks FFUR team yay.gif

Congratulations! Playing the single player bis mission "battlefields" (i use this mission as a framerate benchmark) i have just had the highest ever frame rate using a mod.I never thought you could pull it off with all the new stuff implemented.I take my hat off to you and the team smile_o.gif

The CWC 1985 Campaign is unplayable, the balance is totaly ruined. Nice that i found no bugs in single player mode, but i can`t use this mod to replay the campaigns. huh.gif

I must say that this is by far the best FFUR release yet, everything feels very polished and gives the good old OFP a complete new feel. Unit selection, sounds and effects are all top notch, and I absolutly love the work Benus did on the ironsights. Thanks alot to the whole FFUR team. smile_o.gif

Only three things that I dont like that much, so I thought I mention it:

1. The blackout at the start screen, I am used, specially when testing missions, to go into the editor fast and out again, so with the long start it takes more time to get where I want to go.

2. The icon used for selection (hammer and sickle) is too small, its not easy to select options with it.

3. The active unit colour (shade of green) can hardly made out on some maps, I just had it happen that I ordered all units to disembark from tanks because I thought I had only one selected. This happend in the heat of battle, so I will have to look better on which units I have selected.

And what a coincedence, Benus, I just played the converted BIS missions for the Libya map also, having a sandstorm battle in the desert. biggrin_o.gif

I don't know what you did to the Shilkas, but, sorry to say they're...Useless. I know this sounds harsh, but they actually are pretty useless now... confused_o.gif

I placed 3 around the centre of desert island, and I was a Cobra. I flew all the way round them, altitude of around 50m, 120km/h. I circled round and round and nothing happened. I destroy one of them with a Hellfire, and only then do the other 2 engage. No more impressive FFUR 2005-esque green tracers, not a single hit on me unless I flew slowly above them and the tracers are only visible up to 10m away from the Shilka, then they just disappear.

As an OFP pilot, this is one really big issue and I hope you address it sad_o.gif

I'm still loving this mod though thumbs-up.gifinlove.gif

Im not Sure if this has been Mentioned.

Is there any way I can add the exploding Body Effect, The runing with dust behind you, Also When running there are splashes, Surrendering and Reatreating AI?

Hi,

Many thanks everyone for the kind words! Glad you appreciate it! ;-)

Quote[/b] ]I´ve found a little bug: I think the mpat ammunition on the abrams is missing.

It's not missing, you have to be commander of the Abrams in order to be able to switch shells.

Quote[/b] ]I noticed the gunner proxy for the .50 cal is all messed up, he is halfway through the ground with no animation.

Dunno if it's due to the -Unigen- animations or not, but it will be fixed very soon anyway.

Quote[/b] ]Finished, but how do I install skypack?

My apologies, I've totally forgotten to include a decent 'sky pack' readme.

To install it, at first make a choice between llauma and module sky then extract the files included in the folder you chose to your "ffur2006" and finally run the .bat executable.

Once the sky pack is insalled, you can take the following folders out of your "ffur2006" folder [newdta/ temp/].

Quote[/b] ]Get the black out screen at the main menu

That's wanted, you can live with it as long as it doesn't cause any trouble.

Quote[/b] ]Secondary weapons are way too imprecise. Dispersion is too great.

That's wanted as well in order to decrease the ability of killing with handguns at long range distances.

Quote[/b] ] Dispersion on Shilka is too great.

Wanted too, that will allow your choppers being a bit more efficient during missions.

Quote[/b] ]TOW box on Bradley doesnt go up.

The script intended for this purpose has been taken out in the goal to avoid some conflicts with 'ffur' ones.

Quote[/b] ]1 shot after stopping fire or 1 shot on start...

This will be fixed in the incoming patch.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

I should of clarified that the dispersion on vehicle secondary weapons is way too big. Cant hit crap with a mg on a tank.

Also I think you need to rethink the shilka. Try hitting a telephone pole. Its rediculously inaccurate. Dont compensate for the helo's. Make them fly better.

Also the MI-8 in my download is still the BIS version and the pilots are sitting about 50 ft below the vehicle.

Quote[/b] ]Gunner view for OH-58 (tried from pilot position) is white screen

Indeed, this will be fixed.

Quote[/b] ]Why was the AH-1 changed from USMC to US Army? The Army doesn't use the Cobra anymore

I know, but it would sound weird to fly with an apache called 'Cobra' in the briefing mission, this has been especially done for the game play aspect.

Quote[/b] ]The FFAR eplosion sound is rather weak and "pop"-y, sounds like a 25mm shell. I can't say I've actually heard an FFAR exploding in real life, but I dunno, compared to what the FFAR explosion used to sound like, this sounds weak

Rocket impacts sound is in the most of cases deep, unfocused and very high.

Quote[/b] ]Is it possible to have the explosive effect and tracer of the old shilka?

In my opinion, The new shilka tracers look more realistic because 4 tracers are simultaneously used, and the 'exploding effect' has been taken out for the same reasons, most of 23mm - 30mm bullets actually don't explode when they don't hit anything.

Quote[/b] ]The CWC 1985 Campaign is unplayable, the balance is totaly ruined. Nice that i found no bugs in single player mode, but i can`t use this mod to replay the campaigns.

Campaigns aspect has changed with the AI enhancements, but It's not that 'unplayable' as you report, missions look just 'changed', they look that different because combats are harder, more intensive, enemy units are able to spot you from afar and paradoxically, you've even got a beta of the FFUR 2006...

Quote[/b] ]The blackout at the start screen, I am used, specially when testing missions, to go into the editor fast and out again, so with the long start it takes more time to get where I want to go.

'will remove it as long as several as several people complain about it.

Quote[/b] ]The active unit colour (shade of green) can hardly made out on some maps, I just had it happen that I ordered all units to disembark from tanks because I thought I had only one selected. This happend in the heat of battle, so I will have to look better on which units I have selected.

Indeed, 'will increase its brightness.

Quote[/b] ]I don't know what you did to the Shilkas, but, sorry to say they're...Useless. I know this sounds harsh, but they actually are pretty useless now.

As said in the previous page, that has been especially done in order to make the choppers more efficient, but it's envisaged to increase their accuracy.

Quote[/b] ]Is there any way I can add the exploding Body Effect, The runing with dust behind you, Also When running there are splashes, Surrendering and Reatreating AI?

Most of These scripts were behind the huge lag that occured with the first FFUR packs and several of them weren't that useful in game.

Quote[/b] ]Also the MI-8 in my download is still the BIS version and the pilots are sitting about 50 ft below the vehicle.

I'm afraid you downloaded the wrong pack.

Btw,

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Hopefully everything will work very well with the incoming patch.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Honestly, I prefer locke anims over the new one (i'm currently changing my config)

run.jpg

Try to run this way in real life, you will need good dentist and a very good plastic surgeon...

P.S. I already have excellent nordic islands from ffureuro - should I download the new ffur2006 islands pack? What's new there?

you've even got a beta of the FFUR 2006...

That gives a little hope. Atm it`s me against the world, very fast after missionstart you are alone on the battlefield.

P.S. I already have excellent nordic islands from ffureuro - should I download the new ffur2006 islands pack? What's new there?

The FFUR 2005/Euro hi-res island pack is the same as this one

Also, PLEASE do, do something about the Shilkas confused_o.gif

I am a pilot for my squad, and a lot, if not all of our training maps, use the Shilka, but now, they couldn't hit a barn door if they were standing 20m in front of it confused_o.gifsad_o.gif

As for the tracers, yeah they look good, and I agree that the explosion effect was a bit over-the-top in FFUR 2005, but after about 20m they disappear. Normally the tracers would be visible for most of their flight (like in FFUR 2005)

The FFARs sound like weak "pop"s...Surely the explosion sound is more potent than this in real life... confused_o.gif

If you're going to use a Cobra, then I think you should do like in FFUR 2005 and represent it as a USMC aircraft. Your mod is all about up-to-date realism, and the US Army stopped using the Cobra years ago, so this change would only make sense.

The "Mi-17" is actually an Mi-8. Consider changing the name in Editor

The C-5K rockets it fires make much less sound than the C-5M when fired (not explosion, just firing sound)

Haven't tried the shilkas yet, but i am very please with the high dispersion in secondary weapons. I remember being able to snipe someone from 400m away with a glock in default bis campaigns icon_rolleyes.gif

I am going to test the shilkas now to see what i think of them.

you've even got a beta of the FFUR 2006...

That gives a little hope. Atm it`s me against the world, very fast after missionstart you are alone on the battlefield.

If it was supposed to be a real issue, then it would have been better to report it before the release, not after...

Anyways, there was no intent to make you look bad by that statement... :-)

Quote[/b] ]As for the tracers, yeah they look good, and I agree that the explosion effect was a bit over-the-top in FFUR 2005, but after about 20m they disappear. Normally the tracers would be visible for most of their flight (like in FFUR 2005)

Ok, Added to the bugs that have to be fixed.

I could make a 'customized' config for your 'clan' a bit later because we can't please everyone, otherwise some other people will start complaining.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Anyways, there was no intent to make you look bad by that statement... :-)

I didn`t understand it that way. wink_o.gif