Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

just one little off topic question what does the afterburner or the burners actually do on a plane ? i just thought it was something to when you land since its called an after burner or atleast it was when i last played a mission with an F-16 or F18 or what ever

just one little off topic question what does the afterburner or the burners actually do on a plane ? i just thought it was something to when you land since its called an after burner or atleast it was when i last played a mission with an F-16 or F18 or what ever

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question374.htm

thanks for that i understand perfectly now cheers

yeah insert the afterburner to ofp that would be great

An afterburner squirts more fuel directly into the combustion area of a jet engine - effectively doubling its power and making a lovely flame! biggrin_o.gif

An afterburner squirts more fuel directly into the combustion area of a jet engine - effectively doubling its power and making a lovely flame! biggrin_o.gif

And using a s**tload of fuel wink_o.gif The Raptor and JSF has some fancy 'Supercruise' thingy but i have no idea how that works.

Ummm, Thunderbird the U.S Unit looks great but I dont know if you know that The U.S has Just made a New Uniform for the U.S to wear for the next 7 years, my steped dad was issued it today and many others, I belive Soldiers in Iraq are getting Issued tan ones also, ofcourse. I dont know if you can find an addon that Uses this uniform thoug, but I hope you can.

http://www.brainshavings.com/images/armycammies.jpg

Ummm, Thunderbird the U.S Unit looks great but I dont know if you know that The U.S has Just made a New Uniform for the U.S to wear for the next 7 years, my steped dad was issued it today and many others, I belive Soldiers in Iraq are getting Issued tan ones also, ofcourse. I dont know if you can find an addon that Uses this uniform thoug, but I hope you can.

http://www.brainshavings.com/images/armycammies.jpg

Thats the ACU, its been mentioned alot in this thread, and the ACU thread in the Addon Discussion section of the forum. The problem is that although it blends in with its surrondings in real life, it doesnt in OFP. It sticks out like a sore grey-green thumb in most areas in OFP.

Edit: heres the other thread, theres a link on the first page to a BETA ACU troops addon: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=49142

hi.. how is it going with the russian voices? i have some russian voices, Demorazg.ogg, but dont know how to, or where it must be to work, so havent try them yet. smile_o.gif

Thank you for your offer but we've already got some russian voices and we've already implemented'em as well.

smile_o.gif

regards

TB84

Quote[/b] ]thunderbird84 Posted on Nov. 20 2005,12:25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your offer but we've already got some russian voices and we've already implemented'em as well.

regards

TB84

thats cool! it would really add to realism and gameplay smile_o.gif

on the previous versions there were some russian sounds which were still in english like unknown

you had something like

12o'clock soldier 200

in russian and had unknown shouted out in english which sounded very weird and did ruin the atmosphere i havent tried the russians out much on the latest versions so im not sure if thats still there

on the previous versions there were some russian sounds which were still in english like unknown

you had something like

12o'clock soldier 200

in russian and had unknown shouted out in english which sounded very weird and did ruin the atmosphere i havent tried the russians out much on the latest versions so im not sure if thats still there

As said above, this has been fixed, all missing voices in russian have been incorporated.

Edit : btw, I'm not satisfied too much of the new US camo, I think I'll make some changes on it in order to get something like this:

ARMY%20SURPLUS%20108.jpg

regards

TB84

i think a little coulour editing on the original 2005 soldiers would be correct but thats just me

on a different issue please implement multiple explosions on heavy tanks

i think those scripts are great makes you think mores going on in the battle and increasing the atmosphere

if these scripts dont lag too much please put them in

and i think i remember you saying you were going to take out the crater scripts, is that correct ?

The only color that needs to be edited is the brown....it looks like it has a reddish tint to it. Other than that, the green, black, a light tan colors are fine and there is no need to adjust them.

After styding the LSR pilots sugest seeing they are wearing nomex flight suits you should leave em tan and OD green, very rare any commo colored flight suits are issued, the crews offen wear BDU with the flight crea in Apache squadrons, due to the nomex tends to overheat the wearer when moving around. Better to attach the flight vest and helmet to a HKY guy to be acurate with cammo wearing pilots. Eh they are more accurate then them flying MArine Whiskey model cobras though. Hopefully to solve your need to use that stuff maybe impliment a Marine exspanssion of ffur.

That I would offer my help to make operational

Quote[/b] ]on a different issue please implement multiple explosions on heavy tanks

i think those scripts are great makes you think mores going on in the battle and increasing the atmosphere

Why not.

Quote[/b] ]The only color that needs to be edited is the brown....it looks like it has a reddish tint to it. Other than that, the green, black, a light tan colors are fine and there is no need to adjust them.

Indeed.

Quote[/b] ]After styding the LSR pilots sugest seeing they are wearing nomex flight suits you should leave em tan and OD green, very rare any commo colored flight suits are issued, the crews offen wear BDU with the flight crea in Apache squadrons, due to the nomex tends to overheat the wearer when moving around. Better to attach the flight vest and helmet to a HKY guy to be acurate with cammo wearing pilots. Eh they are more accurate then them flying MArine Whiskey model cobras though. Hopefully to solve your need to use that stuff maybe impliment a Marine exspanssion of ffur.

That I would offer my help to make operational

Thank you for these informations, we'll make the necessary changes to adjust their camo and to make 'em more authentic.

Btw, we don't expect to add or to make 'a marine/naval conversion' ...

BIS units represent the US army then we'll keep the same military context, Thank you for your offer,though.

Regards

TB84

Is there any ammo boxes for East and West? I'm trying to find ammoboxes that have Rifles, AA/AT, and maybe equipment such as night vision.

Thanks.

T.B, please don't get carried away with implementing all the above sugestion's!The last thing we all would want is to turn these excelent mod's into LAG fest's! p.s a little burning body's script wouldn't do any harm wink_o.gif

We will do our best to get the lower possible framerate's level,

Btw I think It's a good idea to incorporate several different explosions.

E.G:

-Instead of having a script that occurs random explosions like ECP, I'll define a different explosion for each kind of armored unit.

Modern Heavy Tanks (T-80UM / M1A2...) will have their own explosion effects.

Oldy ones (T-72 / M-60...) will have different explosion effects as well.

And APCs will have a mixture of both of the effects mentioned above.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is there any ammo boxes for East and West? I'm trying to find ammoboxes that have Rifles, AA/AT, and maybe equipment such as night vision.

There are a lot of ammo boxes, check out carefully the mission editor, but they contain only firearms, explosive charges and magazines.

Regards

TB84

man great job guys, nothing to criticize, you guys just rocks!

got desert and 2005, but may i ask something? whats the diference of the ISLANDS in woodland and 2005?

The ammo boxes that I found that contain actual guns (East,Weapons and West,Weapons) only contained a few guns. There are so many different boxes of crates under Empty->Ammo. Can somebody tell me which has the good stuff? (aka alot of guns.)

Quote[/b] ]got desert and 2005, but may i ask something? whats the diference of the ISLANDS in woodland and 2005?

FFUR 1985, 2005 and Asian Crisis are based on a woodland theme, so all of them still use the same islands.

For more infos, check out this page.

Btw, I'd like to know the camo you prefer between both of these ones (TOP/BOTTOM).

Your opinion would be appreciated and very helpful.

sanstitre46ky.jpg

Regards

TB84

Top one smile_o.gif

By the way, is there a standalone version from your Russian winter infantry? Some guy was asking about that in ofp.info forums.