Sign in to follow this  
Jinef

Zeus Gaming Nights

banghead.gif I want to play!!!!! one day...i swear ill call work sick and just go kill innocent pixels with the zeussie bunch wink_o.gif

noice games last night. next time, lets do breakthorugh as the very last thing...if people decide to lead carefully and cleverly.

Some amazing screenies

We couldn't find a tokarev, so we just used the next best thing. Note the utter braveness or stupidity of the soldier who is about to be cut in half for using the platoon goat more than once in a single day...

thexecution.jpg

Where's my Rabbit got stoned, and started thinking he was a jamaican gangster rapper. 'Toch Meh'

touchmeh.jpg

Grinko Vasitjev, once a recruit in the 42nd Kazakh Guards Battalion, had to be made into a M2A1 Gunner, because of the kommissar adding a few more joints to his arm when Grinko decided to retreat. Saying that, he is now an exceptional gunner, and has built up quite some reputation with the Uzbek women for reaching spots others can't.

Ouch.jpg

Any update on these mission nights? I'm still intrested!!!

Gaming night is tommorow (thursday) and saturday. Starting around 19:00 GMT realistically and officially at 20:00 GMT.

You need WGL5 and ZCommon. There is an addon help thread on the first post of this page.

We do these nights EVERY week.

Absolutely spiffing E&E last night biggrin_o.gif Cannot ever having such a good time since the vicar's daughter wanted to play hide and seek whistle.gif

Well done Nathan Bedford Forrest the 3rd a very enjoyable wheeze pistols.gif

OK guys, my new mission concept is on the server. It is basically a realistic attack and defend scenario with no AI and a strong defense position. In order to complete the mission we will need a large body of players willing to cooperate in a team and work as part of a unit.

Thursday will be the first full scale trial and we need 45 players ideally.

Zeus will usually provide around 10-15 players, the odds and ends that join usually number at 5, RAAB could possibly provide around 5. Anyone else interested?

To aid the performance of the mission custom sound files should not be loaded.

Addons needed will be WGL5 and Zcommon pack or more specifically WGL5 and Cat Afghanistan island.

All addon links can be found on the first page of this thread.

Kevb0 - Still interested in getting those 10 people on?

Shinbusan - CFOG interested?

OK guys, my new mission concept is on the server. It is basically a realistic attack and defend scenario with no AI and a strong defense position. In order to complete the mission we will need a large body of players willing to cooperate in a team and work as part of a unit.

Nice one Jinnie. I loved it

couple of things

a) bigger town to defend. I think Kabul would be nice. It would IMO add to the gameplay and give more scope to defenders

TS needs to be more organised, rather like we ended last night but without the constant chatter on the channel commanders frequency.

Apart from those minor points I think it was a good success.

Also a big thank you to all the guests we had last night. You where without doubt the biggest contributer to the gaming with no Ramboing and willingness to play the mission as it was intended to be played welcome.gif

Hope to see you on the Zeus servers again soon notworthy.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

2nd link is fucked up. Btw, I'll join you on Saturday smile_o.gif

That was "interesting" :P

After Jinef's 1337 concept ran out [cough cough told him he should've made more missions on it cough cough] we went to the coops - which obviously lagged as there were so many people on the server biggrin_o.gif

I'd love to see some of the people who were there last night here on Saturday to experience a 'proper gaming night' - they're usually quite fun x.x

we went to the coops - which obviously lagged as there were so many people on the server biggrin_o.gif

blame wgl for that :P

that mission ran smoothly on raab server running ecp with 30 odd people

Missions were fun but OFP is definitely showing its age. Weather it was WGL or OFP the desync issue is still a problem, especially in the coop missions. I like Jinefs mission but I also agree a bigger town would have been better. Gaia has some beautiful towns however dont know if the networking can handle it.

we went to the coops - which obviously lagged as there were so many people on the server biggrin_o.gif

blame wgl for that  :P

that mission ran smoothly on raab server running ecp with 30 odd people

Id be interested to see how ECP works with same mission. I have had good success with ECP, even with the DMA mod config for ECP added to it. The main problem with ECP is it does not give you the variety of soldiers that WGL has.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will make some more scenarios now, in different towns and with different forces.

Mechanized pie last night was probably the best coop I've played in a while. Cibit, thanks a lot for the leadership!

Should have made a video of that 'ambush' on those M2A3s. Oh dear, what a disaster, what a waste of TOWs.

And did anyone record the end, titled: "Cavemen vs mammoth M1A1"?

I updated the first page with vids and a new cleaner structure.

Well that was a pretty OK night after all, it was a bit frustrating in the beginning with so many people and so few missions that were suitable. However it got better as it calmed down and we had some excellent A&Ds. Hope to see some more footage, in one instance an RPG sailed past my leg about a foot away.

Jesus, after this night i dont think i could command more than 40+ people again.

Oh well, good thing was teh server took it well, and hte mission worked, a first for one of mine tounge2.gif

Good game lads, really good team work and so good radio comms aswell, we kicked ass, pitty about the lack of AT.

Good game thumbs-up.gif