Sign in to follow this  
Jinef

Zeus Gaming Nights

Are you going to start using Unified Artillery 1.1 in the @zcommon folder now?

Yes. Best way to "upgrade" is to copy the addons from @CoC\Addons into @zcommon\Addons

Hey chaps,d

haha, we had a few good, unplanned games yesterday. Nothing special per se, but I would like to share one rather humorous event with you.

The mission: War Pie. Eliminate the enemy in a bridge town and set up an ambush for an incoming Soviet tank column. Deadly serious stuff: we're badly outnumber, the enemy is well-armed, and just to make matters worse, there are two HMG's positioned at the opposite riverbank. We'll have to plan carefully and minimise our casualties if we want to make this one work. Everyone's dedicated and concentrated. We move out.

We move to the FUP in three HMMV's, the formation is column. I'm the driver of the last HMMV. We ride through hilly terrain and the visibility is rather poor. We are almost at the FUP: the two HMMV's disappear behind a hill. I know we'll form up at a tree grouping just ahead, so I confidently crest the hill...

...only to arrive at the scene of a total carnage. Wounded soldiers scattered everywhere, and the AI is spamming the radio waves with "I need a medic!". Apparantly some knob forgot to hit the brakes and parked his HMMV in the other's rear end smile_o.gif To make matters worse, the only medic we had was an AI. First he didn't want to disembark. After finally getting out of the HMMV, he decided to run around a bit. The image of a medic running away from a horde of injured soldiers shouting "heal me! heal me you bastard!" won't leave my brain any time soon smile_o.gif

The admirable thing is, we didn't even reassign but went on to finish the mission. And died.

sounds like you had some good fun... too bad i cant make it thursday, i have to drink lots of cocktails and there was something with girls

... cant remember...

I threw a gauntlet in Jinefs face and challenged him to a gentlemens duel, which at zeus is the equivalent of an A&D. In this case "Domensk" by Tipsi .

Here is a pic at the end of the battle. I think the chat text says it all. Im named "Owner" in this case.

me: Catching some vibes here Jinef

Jinef: Dont speak to me

me: lol

Jinef2.gif

The manhandling didnt end with the A&D as Jinef had to go trough verbal abuse on TS from his teammates afterwards. We all love our little welshman and in this case he got some tough lovin. May he recover soon smile_o.gif

I have to quote Jinef here: "In my defence I have to say that the mission did not unfold as I planned it in my head" to which his dissapointed teammate Cossack replied "You didnt deliver it like you had in your head".

biggrin_o.gif

I might post the TS recording.

And here it is: http://www.ofp-zeus.com/download/og/jj.ogg

Looz immediatly comes to Jinefs defence when he points out that the welshman usually does better when he has proper skilled people on his side, to which Jinef replies: "Looz, your such a little slut". tounge2.gif

It was fun last night, we stayed up until early morning playing..I have to apologize for my poor leadership in the last coop though, that´s not how i want to lead really. I was tired and the general atmosphere was kind of silly that late so i think we could have gotten so much more out of that mission.

Domensk it is, coming thursday!

Incidentally, I refuse to join the AT squads on East, as they are little more than suicide squads crazy_o.gif

Ahem! *adjusts Commissarial hat*

On another note, a few of us play VTE 0.2 on Sundays starting at about 21:00-22:00 CET if anyone's interested in some VIET-FUCKIN'-NAM *cough*.

Do we have to set up the shortcut with Zcommon too?

Ahem! *adjusts Commissarial hat*

On another note, a few of us play VTE 0.2 on Sundays starting at about 21:00-22:00 CET if anyone's interested in some VIET-FUCKIN'-NAM *cough*.

Do we have to set up the shortcut with Zcommon too?

As carl said, hyaayyeyeyyayayaysysyeyeyyyaysyaysysyssssss

@vte;@zcommon Although equal mod is not active on Zeus Test, which is where we play vte.

We use the arty etc from zcommon

Some screenshots from the last game where jinef got his arse kicked by og, for the 42nd time. Being the 'cocky overconfident teenager' I am, i challenged og on a pvp, when a new one gets made. Anyway, the last game;

Og (Original ghey), Overall commander of the Reds, having realised the strengths and (the non-existent)weaknesses of the 42nd Kazahks, orders Me and Mr.cheese on a rambo mission behind enemy lines. We find where the enemy are, wait for them them to pass by and kill a whole (somewhat abandoned) squad which was left behind. We eventually make our way back to front lines without being seen, and spot a Bradley hidden near a forest watching the town we're meant to be defending.

Mr.cheese, being an expert at Kazahk paint jobs, and eager to learn about how well western counterparts matched his own work, decided to take a closer look.

BEFORE

cheesebefore.jpg

DURING

cheeseduring.jpg

AFTER

cheeselater.jpg

Video of me vs Ryan, Operation Pimple, last minutes of the battle. No plan defending really, just trying to see first where Ryan is landing.

We winzor. Close though, too close crazy_o.gif

http://www.ofpcc.com/og/

Im still wondering who blew those satchels, he´s too afraid to tell us i guess..

Video was fun to watch though.

Smashing night on Saturday. A night of A&D, E&E... and Warpie...

I'm proud to annouce that the mission is now officially completed smile_o.gif

As the squad leader i managed to get my team to Neklov(sp?) only to find myself nading my feet mistaking i had a unit selected to come to my position smile_o.gif I didnt have the fraps cam for that one thank god...

Walker led the remains of the squad to the outskirts of Petrovice where he stumpled upon an MG while eliminating patrols circling the city and took some casualties. His squad of 2 men (Jack oneil and the excellent sniper freshman) they managed to get into petrovice and eliminate the whole threat in the city as the three musketeers they are... pistols.gif

Hats off to them for finally completing warpie! notworthy.gif

Here are some clips of the ownage.

http://panik.magsairsoft.com/warpie.wmv

Well, I must say I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game... I hope we finally get to play that Domensk rematch against our Welshman smile_o.gif

I might be there. Just got internet connection where I study and livezor.

I am once again all uprooted as I once again prepare to relocate once again.

At one point in time I shall challenge og in his undefeated A&D status and win the day!

Glory Forrreeeevaaa!

Muhahahahha biggrin_o.gif

It's a shame I never take screenshots of the action, because last saturday's games were a blast! I find it quite surprising how games which consist of marching for a good 50% can be so fun to play. The feeling you get when finally engaging the enemy is truly visceral. The urban action in the first coop was great. There we are, cowering behind a car while tracers zip overhead, and the squad leader says "Celery, run towards that building and approach them from behind". Though my instinctive reaction was "Fuck off and do it yourself!", I complied... Boy, was I glad that the AK has a full auto mode pistols.gif

The second mission was an A&D by Mr. Cheese (IIRC)... No objectives, just kill the enemy. I believe this game was something of a beta test, as the mission was fairly new. The lack of specific objectives certainly broadened the scope of tactical approaches, but the lack of a time limit sadly ground the game to a halt. Nevertheless, it was great fun to call in arty and listen to the adjustements from the FO smile_o.gif

The last mission, War Pie, was great fun, despite the fact that it has been played to death... Despite the major cockup at the very beginning, we managed to reach Petrovice... Sadly, the famous Celery Charge proved to be less effective than I had anticipated. A PKM wasn't at all impressed by my courageous advance and cut me down. Still, it was great fun to hear Walker (who was advancing right behind me) recite that oh-so familiar mantra: "oh shit oh shit Oh Shit OH SHIT!"

Heheheh... Yes... Good games allround chaps, and it was great to speak to Bonko again!

I'd like to give this whole thing a try? Are you doing another game this thursday? If you are i'd like to drop by

If no calamity occurs, we'll be having a game tomorrow, at 20:00 GMT (21:00 CET). The actual games begin at 20:10. Make sure you have all the required addons (listed in the first post of this thread), because the server policy is pretty strict: if you don't have all the necessary addons at 20:10, we're not reassigning for you...

Harsh, but Just! band.gifnotworthy.gif

Also, getting on TS is really worth the effort. As Jinef (IIRC) said: "teamspeak is half the Zeus experience"... Very true. Trying to comprehend the inane ramblings of some participants is a game of it's own wow_o.gif

I suggest you also download Teamspeak overlay. It's a usefull program which shows who is talking. Google for it and you should get a DL.

Very useful indeed, especially if you are new to the server. I believe we have Dethleffs to thank for introducing this handy tool to the Zeus community (or am I mistaken?).