+ 81mm Mortar Support

Defenders:

1 Platoon of Russian Motorised Infantry:

37 Infantry

4x Urals/1xUAZ/1xBRDM AT5

+ Recon Element

+ 81mm Mortar Support

I am also working on some new mission concepts smile_o.gif

Is the server going to update with WGL 5.1 release? I'm not sure If I should get it, although I probably will just for interest

AFAIK, the server has already been updated. Just check it via Ofpwatch.

+ 81mm Mortar Support

Mortars! That's good to hear. Will those be UA mortars or the WGL portable ones? The latter aren't used often enough, IMO. I love mortars, despite their chronic inaccuracy whistle.gif

Great game of Domensk lads! The experience is now really quite different. Still, I think East is rather underpowered when it comes to AT. When the Bradleys entered the town there was nothing we could do: no mines, no IED's, no AT... It would be nice if East had some way of replenishing its supplies.

Furthermore, the lack of the briefing pad makes planning almost impossible. Squad composition and gear are unknown until the game starts, which is a shame.

Other than that, great game! The mortars are a good addition. Skulking around in those forests was very tense indeed. The sound of armour approaching certainly got the juices running smile_o.gif

I have to say, A&D's are really the best game mode in OFP!

Now that i won the mission, I will inform you that in the UAZ at your start you had:

5x WGL_IEDMED

5x WGL_MineE

Also, a basic rifle platoon is 3 rifle squads and a weapons squad, duh!!!

nener.gif

Jesus Christ... See, that's the problem when there is no briefing. We knew there were mines and IED's somewhere because they showed up in the AI's action menu. However, when ordered to retrieve them, the AI went bananas and started running towards *your* positions... BAH!

Maybe you shouldn't have driven the UAZ off into the enemy territory immediately. 10 Minutes in I got a radio message from IC BFV platoon about a UAZ crossing the bridge, he asked if his platoon should engage it. I replied "Negative, stay low."

Obviously the guy driving the UAZ didn't bring it back, but he was lucky to be alive.

My connection was simply not there yesterday. Dunno what happened.

I was cringing listening to the east after I got disconnected. There was no idea of mines, IEDs or how to set up an AT5 in a proper position. So I had to listen to a good spirited Jinef and his "small unit tactics" for an hour attacking east who was defending piecemeal.

An AT5 is not simply something you put in the "first person to grab" category. It is something you mention way early in any briefing and make it THE priority. When attacking, I never saw it put in a decent position.

Had I not tested the mission beforhand I would have had no idea of east weapons (IEDs, mines and RPG22s) until a good 5 minutes into the game, and THEN I would have to make a plan to utilize them. So yeah, a briefing for the masses!

Awww, sounds like you had fun...

Sorry for the no-show up. I decided to rest a bit around 8pm my time (6pm GMT), fell asleep and well, when I woke up it was 00:30 or so... crazy_o.gif

My connection was simply not there yesterday. Dunno what happened.

I was cringing listening to the east after I got disconnected. There was no idea of mines, IEDs or how to set up an AT5 in a proper position. So I had to listen to a good spirited Jinef and his "small unit tactics" for an hour attacking east who was defending piecemeal.

Well, bear in mind we had to ad-hoc a bit due to your incessant droppage tounge2.gif The funny thing was, Ryan had been promoted to mission commander whilst away... I think that was the last time he will go AFK during the briefing, hehe...

There was no plan, and that's a direct quote from Ryan. Noone knew the mission, there was no briefing and certainly no planning... We had no way of knowing what assets we had at our disposal until the game started.

Despite all this, I really enjoyed this game. I really don't care about winning or losing, as long as the cooperation is good and the atmosphere tense. And boy, was it tense smile_o.gif

So I'm hoping to get in on this tomorrow, I've played a fair bit on CiA but this one seems to have more convenient times for me.

See you guys tomorrow I hope.

yes, it was a very fun game for me. But first, i must complain:

-Arty for attackers against an enemy which must defend a fixed position....hmmmm....hmmm

-Briefing is really needed.full stop.to at least tell us

1) Friendly forces + equipment

2) Enemy forces

-with the t55 taken out, the east have even less AT capability. Couple more rpgs, or...something.

sorry to Redfor players for not having a plan, but i really couldnt be bothered because, i wasnt in the right mind state i guess. either way, the reason why we losy include, but are not limited:

-no plan on our side

-our at5 being pwned by Blufor arty (i really thought you wouldnt see that at5..., since you could barely see it from the other side of town)

- Most of our AT being lost with self-appointed scouts, people disconnecting etc

-Deffleffs and simon being beaten to the north by a l33t enemy they never saw

-The quick charge of the blufor, mechanised style, which never really lost momentum. this was the only unexpected thing in that mission.

-Bastard mortar crews being too slow.

I gloriously defended my house and shot someone up from the hip when they came in. Later on, my house and my body had lots of 25mm holes in though. The way Blufor took over the town was rather distructive...you might as well have sent the b52s...

Understood - Briefing will be added detailing

Enemy Forces

Friendly Forces

As a rebuke, a lot of doctrine calls for artillery strikes in the offensive, the defenders just need to conceal themselves/relocate etc.

You can also call in smoke fire missions to obscure attackers and conceal yourselves.

You can set up AT firing positions where a launcher and ammo have been placed by a nice AI.

You can place mines/IEDs at chokepoints.

You can have your sniper recon team target enemy command and control.

You can have a fall back plan.

Gawddammit! My monitor decided it's time to give up the ghost (before you ask: no, I don't have ueberl33t blind-typing skills, I'm using the laptop ;p). I'm at a complete loss as to what may be the problem, especially since the monitor is perfectly capable of displaying the "no signal" message when I disconnect the video cable. Arf!

So, unless I magically manage to solve this problem, I fear tonight's game will be devoid of my vocabulary and fairly mediocre skillz... confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]As a rebuke, a lot of doctrine calls for artillery strikes in the offensive, the defenders just need to conceal themselves/relocate etc.

That is very true, but you have to consider that the Military doctrine naturally wants huge enemy casulties and little friendly casulties, while OFP doctrine (Copyright 2006) wants a fair game.

You didnt necessarily use the arty all that much in that game, but i would have personally spamed the shit out of town before entering if i was you, and i dont see why others wouldnt do the same.

For that matter, hiding from artillery doesnt work in ofp, as there are no hard cover objects whatsoever and the 81mm mortar which droped on 3 floors above is quite likely to kill you.

and I didnt see any mines btw. Looking forward to tonights game, it'll be a shame if we wont have any descendants of the Queen of Holland (eg, celery), playing on our side.

Gawddammit! My monitor decided it's time to give up the ghost (before you ask: no, I don't have ueberl33t blind-typing skills, I'm using the laptop ;p). I'm at a complete loss as to what may be the problem, especially since the monitor is perfectly capable of displaying the "no signal" message when I disconnect the video cable. Arf!

So, unless I magically manage to solve this problem, I fear tonight's game will be devoid of my vocabulary and fairly mediocre skillz... confused_o.gif

It must have trouble processing the RGB or even a sync signal. It picks it up as being there but fails to display an image. If it's a CRT it could be a number of small things, including broken RGB leads or cable.

Well, problem solved, it seems. I cross-checked the monitor with the laptop and it works just fine. After the umpteenth restart of the desktop, the monitor suddenly displayed the bios screen, claiming that the computer isn't booting correctly due to incorrect CPU speed settings (although the displayed 1.8 Ghz was very correct indeed). One troubleshooting site claimed this problem might be RAM related, so I did a little bit of RAM-shuffling and all is well. For now... *ominous music crashes in*

It would seem it's time to reinstall memtest!

Anyway, unless the binary gods decide to play a foul trick on me again, I will be attending tonight's game. Aren't you glad!

Oh yeah, that's a good sign... wink_o.gif Sometimes though it really is just RAM not seated right or corroded on the leads. Might be lucky.