Sign in to follow this  
stu

Some Siege Equipment

Ya that sounds great , if you want i can send it to you then you can try if it work , just PM me smile_o.gif only thing isn't that good , if this is a tank , how to destroy it? and if it get destroyed then are all at one dead tounge2.gif

A car might be better, with the config option to drop the deceased out of the vehicle. Plus, as a car it would turn properly.

I don't know how you would make it fire then, though. That I'll leave to Philcommando. wink_o.gif

Abs

If you ram with it, that makes it easier. Class it as a bicycle, when it stops, the walking anim will stop too.

Abs

That's true too...how else do you plan on doing it though?

Abs

this mods looking great. i would be really interested in making a campaign for it when some units are realeased. Perhaps such as the "300" Spartans at Themoplyie.

If you do make the phalanx as one model and say they get hit dead on with 2or3 Onagers for example :P biggrin_o.gif  then just replace the model with a model with some low poly dead bodys laying around wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Update,  I decided with philcommando's Barbarians out there and Desert-Rat's phalanx being made that the Roman's  would need some where safe to run too tounge2.gif  biggrin_o.gif and here it is a roman fort smile_o.gif

RomanFort1.jpg

RomanFort2.jpg

RomanFort3.jpg

RomanFort4.jpg

Is there a limit to the amount of passangers in a vehicle?

cos you could just have an invisable car, have everyone as driver/passanger, animate the legs, and if they're killed have them eject.

If thats what philcommando meant then sorry.

very nice indeed all these old era addons makes it distictly possible for a lord of the rings mod thumbs-up.gif

Hot damn! Stu...ur going places!!!! notworthy.gif

err..not to hijack Stu's thread, basically my idea will be just to use the armor tank class config, but everything else will be tampered to make it human thru eventhandlers and scripts, eg:-

resolution lod:- cut way down on the faces, as much as possible definately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'init'- rotation axis anim of legs. Multiple firing points setpos with spears as missles/grenades.

'hit' - a couple of them in the phalanx disappear thru setobjecttexture, then camcreated outside the phalanx as dead body.

'killed' - a mound to save vertices to simulate dead bodies pile ontop one another.

Many more things that can be done but sigh..my time has run out..... sad_o.gif

Are you planning to use horses in your mod if so let me know because I have some old horses that we at the Civil War Mod had abandoned along time ago but I still use them because they can and will kill you using their swords. I still use them because its makes some wild fighting with horsemen using pistols and some using swords.

Hey all,

Time for a small update on another roman infantry unit the marian legion i believe he's called biggrin_o.gif Still more work on the textures to be done exspshly the sandals. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]tsalagikola Posted on Dec. 18 2005,03:46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you planning to use horses in your mod if so let me know because I have some old horses that we at the Civil War Mod had abandoned along time ago but I still use them because they can and will kill you using their swords. I still use them because its makes some wild fighting with horsemen using pistols and some using swords.

I did make a start on making a horse a while ago, But id be grateful if you'd still be interested in sending me the ones you've done smile_o.gif  i'll post some pics of the one i started.

roman_marian_legion1.jpg

roman_marian_legion2.jpg

roman_marian_legion3.jpg

roman_marian_legion4.jpg

and some pictures of the horse i was working on.

horse.jpg

horse2.jpg

Very impressive! Textures and new model of the Roman look incredible, and the horse model looks like a very good start smile_o.gif

Doing extremely well Stu,I'm definatly impressed,I never reallyed like the real real early but I think you have kind of swayed me a bit.

@Johan_D, Like sander and belgerot you can still make fun missions and campaigns with a handful of men wink_o.gif in fact i'm already planing a fun mini campaign which will involve an assassin biggrin_o.gif

Ok, I wil await the mod to check it out, but those days the number of men wasnt important, only.. got much!.

Sir, i shut up now, and wait and see Sir, Yes Sir!

Thx, smile_o.gif  

@xnodunitx, I came across some pics of the early infantry and got thinking of doing the early periods of the roman empire first and see how the mod turns out and then maybe do the later periods of the empire wink_o.gif

Here's some work in progress pictures of the Circus maximus biggrin_o.gif this is just a side project if it works out the way i have in mind then who knows you may see Rome its self biggrin_o.gif

Circusmaximus.jpg

Circusmaximus2.jpg

Circusmaximus3.jpg

These are pictures of the horse that we use for the Civil War Mod you can use as you wish for your mod and I will try to find the older model that uses swords.

horse02.jpg

horse01.jpg

Thx guys smile_o.gif

Thx tsalagikola for permission to use your mods horse much appreciated smile_o.gif  The model and textures look great by the way smile_o.gif   I'll go and see if i can get the horse to work with my  chariot biggrin_o.gif

Update:  I've be playing around with Wilbur & wrptool recently and gotten pretty good at making test islands biggrin_o.gif  so decided to make an island for the mod and here it is italy. biggrin_o.gif the size is 512by512 Still needs work but i tested it in game and had no lag so far.  What do you's think would be best 512/512? or smaller?

Wilbur View

italy2.jpg

italy4.jpg

Hi,

That looks promising! My own plans for Roman troops never left the planning stage, so I am delighted to see your work here.

Some comments:

* The split in the mail shirt at the front should be closed. Evidence for such splits in Roman mail armour is of much later date than the first century BC.

* The shoulder doubling of the mail shirt currently consists of two separate pieces over each shoulder, these should preferably be changed to a single rough 'U' shape with the parts connected at the back.

* The scabbard for a Pompeii type short sword would preferably need to be replaced with a first century BC type.

I would be willing to make these proposed adaptations myself. Drop a PM if you would appreciate some help.

Regards,

Sander