Sign in to follow this  
stu

Some Siege Equipment

Thanks, smile_o.gif

That shield is the Germanic Oval shield i modeled it from one of the picture's from one of the link's you send me belgerot smile_o.gif

"Hear's a Picture" of what it will look like once's finished wink_o.gif

Also would anyone like to see "Roman Chariot's" I would biggrin_o.gif i decided to make one biggrin_o.gif Also from now on i'm giving this project my full attenchion smile_o.gif

Chariot1.jpg

Chariot2.jpg

Some more pictures of the Chariot, i've still got more to do to the textures but it give's you an idea of what it should look like once i've finished the texture's, Still to add decorative patterns on the wood textures. smile_o.gif

Chariot3.jpg

Chariot4.jpg

Lookin good so far,oh maybe when your done somebody would make a "Gladiator" mod,who knows? Definatly some nice wood texture there,can't wait to see it finished,good luck with all that Stu thumbs-up.gif

But how are you gonna do this in your mod?

rome-total-war-20040824044758216.jpg

Wouldnt it be better to buy RTW?

I think it is just the fun with such massive armies to play with, then with rather a few times 12 men?

Hi,

OFP offers the possibility of the first person perspective, which Rome Total War does not. Therefore I think an OFP Roman mod could have some attraction over simply playing RTW. I for one would like it very much to act as a caput contubernii in OFP or ARMA (appropriate abbreviation, Latin for weapons) someday.

Regards,

Sander

But how are you gonna do this in your mod?

rome-total-war-20040824044758216.jpg

Wouldnt it be better to buy RTW?

I think it is just the fun with such massive armies to play with, then with rather a few times 12 men?

haha omg.. those romans are so gonna get their asses kicked tounge2.gif

It doesn't necessarily have to be on such a large scale, I can think of dozens of missions involving a handful of men on each side which would be pretty interesting to play out. Sander put it well, it does offer a first person perspective which RTW does not. On top of that, OFP offers complete freedom, you can go inside buildings, use certain equipment/weaponry, that is one thing that would make this mod very interesting. I'm just very grateful to finally see this being made smile_o.gif

@Johan_D,  Like sander and belgerot you can still make fun missions and campaigns with a handful of men  wink_o.gif  in fact i'm already planing a fun mini campaign which will involve an assassin biggrin_o.gif

Small update I've made a Palisade wall and started on a wooden dock and a ship and some other bits and bobs. smile_o.gif

ingame1.jpg

stonerune.jpg

wall1.jpg

dockboat.jpg

Truly does look wonderful. I cannot wait to start lining men up in the defense of the village, that boat and dock look great as well. I am guessing the large stone structure is based off of Stonehendge? Very nice work stu, cannot wait to see more. notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

@stu: Your chariot looks great! Now the only thing we need is a goody goody driver and some generic romans to watch it. And a way to damage others' chariots with those wheels would rock too, then we can go MP!

Oh by the way, do you have XL blades for the wheels? I'll take a pair!

Thanks Guys. smile_o.gif

@belgerot, Yeah it's Stonehendge i've still to make it look older as in make some of the stone look like they've fallin over add some weathering to the textures i'll also make some more of tho's stone structures. smile_o.gif

@Dynamite_cow,  I was thinking about how to make it damage others' chariots  maybe i could make the spike's on the wheels a weapon and attach it to the chariot i don't know if it will work tho not tested it yet. huh.gif tho it dose damage infantry if you run over them. biggrin_o.gif  and sure i'll make some with XL blades.  wink_o.gif

I'll also make something fun for thos that what to use the chariots in MP biggrin_o.gif chariot races in the Circus Maximus anyone? biggrin_o.gif

Here's another picture of the boat and dock.

dockboat2.jpg

Agreed, the models look flawless. Clever way of putting Stonehendge back toghether, will add a nice touch to any map smile_o.gif

Thanks glad yous like them. smile_o.gif I've made some huts that you can put at the shore of the water. smile_o.gif

huts1.jpg

huts2.jpg

huts3.jpg

I have to say that is truly beautiful work! The models look great on the outside as well as the inside, and the texture application looks very fitting as well. Glad you made these, they go hand in hand with the dock. You work at a very steady pace, thank you for all the effort you've been putting into your addons.

Really nice biggrin_o.gif

Just one thing, their a little dark, but thats probobaly the gamma-correction not applying to screenshots

Anyway, good luck with the mod xmas_o.gif

- Ben

there something strange looking (fishy tounge2.gif) about those fishes hanging from the dock =s

@belgerot, Thx.  I'm enjoying doing tho's addon's it's one of my favorite subject's the roman era. smile_o.gif

Sry for the pics being dark i'll correct them next time. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Dr.Grant Posted on Oct. 15 2005,11:11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there something strange looking (fishy ) about those fishes hanging from the dock =s

biggrin_o.gif  yeah they need abit of resizeing.

I did some more work over the weekend some roman stuff this time, A roman tent with some misc objects and made a start on a roman Trireme. biggrin_o.gif

Tent&Objects.

romantent1.jpg

romantent2.jpg

Roman Trireme. biggrin_o.gif I'll post some better picture's of it once i've did some more work on it. wink_o.gif

ships.jpg

Very impressive stuff! especially the buildings and objects!

Those beach huts could work on Vietnam themed missions or some ghost recon island thunder like area too biggrin_o.gif

hope you make some small and medium-large ones of the huts inlove.gif What about a fishing boat , raft , ship of some kind too like they got in the age of empires games and other civiliaztion , history themed games? Maybe some Viking ships, but thats up to you if you want to do it or not notworthy.gif

Great stuff! Keep up the good work.

thx all smile_o.gif

@Acacyn,  No not yet just a half modeled Roman soldier, I'm finding modeling infantry a bit tricky. biggrin_o.gif

@Commando84, I'll make some small and medium versions of the huts and i'll be making a Germanic fishing boat and cargo boat and a war ship and the Roman Trireme. smile_o.gif

Small update on two new buildings and the Roman Trireme.

"Long House"

H2IS.jpg

H2IS2.jpg

Roman Trireme.

Trireme1.jpg

Trireme2.jpg