Sign in to follow this  
stu

Some Siege Equipment

@Desert-Rat,   biggrin_o.gif  Yeah i like the Greeks too but the roman and barbarian tribe battles interest me more. smile_o.gif

@tankieboy,  I hope i can pull the hand to hand combat off, biggrin_o.gif if not then maybe it'll look better in Armed Assault.

@eestikas88, thx, yep i'm working on my own maybe i've just got too much free time biggrin_o.gif

Hears what i've did to the roman soldier so far i'll try and get him finished for next week hopfuly. wink_o.gif

roman1.jpg

roman2.jpg

I can only imagine the headache the scripting may be for getting them into a testudo. nener.gif

@Desert-Rat,  Thx i'll send you a pm in abit smile_o.gif

@Crassus,  You mean like this "TESTUDO"?  tounge2.gif  biggrin_o.gif.   I think that would be impossible sadly tho maybe if its really needed i suppose you could have a model of one like in the pic for cutsences or something wink_o.gif

The troops look great. biggrin_o.gif

A bit off topic, but how's your mech project going? I was really looking forward to that.

I have to say that is some excellent looking stuff you have there Stu,glad to see things are going well for you smile_o.gif I have to hand it to ya your doing a superb job with the models and everything,hope to hear from ya sometime on msn again,keep up the excellent work or I might have to hurt ya tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]I hope i can pull the hand to hand combat off,  if not then maybe it'll look better in Armed Assault.

Hand combat not working in OFP is only a legend !

In our napoleonic mod, soldiers (AI and human) can use spears, swords, and even fists to fight each others, without any scripts. It's very easy to implement, cause it's just a small modif of OFP config weapons, and sometimes of the config moves to use a more realistic close combat move.

The only requirements are :

- Weapons must be primary weapons, because close combat isn't working with handguns ;

- Units must be : setunitpos "up", because close combat is only working with standing up units.

You only need a script to enable cavalry (ie units in vehicles) to attack with swords or spears.

ProfTournesol, if what you say is true...than it would be dream come true for many!!!!

Spartacus, Thermoplye, assasination of Rome's mad emperors, subjugations of small towns, open seas piracies, coliseum fights, etc....the lists is endless...you guys would have open a new chapter in ofp the way the civil mod and star wars mod guys had done!!!! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Haha...one guy with an M16 against the testudo. I wonder who would win? whistle.gif

I think that it's all looking fantastic so far! Good luck with everything.

Abs

Quote[/b] ]ProfTournesol, if what you say is true...than it would be dream come true for many!!!!

Of course it is,  tounge2.gif , just copy and paste the following config (sword config for me) and try it with whatever kind of weapon you want :

Quote[/b] ]class CfgAmmo

{

class default {};

class BulletSingle: default {};

class StrokeFistHit: Default {};

class StrokeGunHit: StrokeFistHit{};

// the ammo

class swordammo:StrokeGunHit

{

hit=16;

indirectHit=1.5;

indirectHitRange=0.4;

minRange=0.1;

minRangeProbab=0.40;

midRange=2.5;

midRangeProbab=0.96;

maxRange=4.0;

maxRangeProbab=0.01;

};

};

class CfgWeapons

{

class default{};

class MGun: default {};

class Riffle: MGun {};

class StrokeFist:Default {};

class StrokeGun:StrokeFist {};

//sword, its magazine

class swordmag: Strokegun

{

scopeWeapon=2;

scopeMagazine=2;

ammo="swordAmmo";

displayName="Melee";

displayNameMagazine="sword magazine";

shortNameMagazine="sword mag";

Modelmagazine="path to your pd3 model of the magazine";

magazineType="4 * 256";

modelOptics="";

reloadAction="";

picture="path to the picture";

reloadSound[]={"",1,1};

aiDispersionCoefX=2.000000;

aiDispersionCoefY=2.000000;

enableAttack=1;

showEmpty=1;

autoReload=0;

burst=0;

multiplier=1;

reloadTime=0.1;

initSpeed=300;

canLock=0;

ffMagnitude=0.100000;

ffFrequency=1;

ffCount=1;

recoil="Empty";

dispersion=0.005;

maxLeadSpeed=15;

optics=0;

count=9999;

canDrop=1;

primary = 10;

};

//sword, the weapon

class sword: Riffle

{

scopeWeapon=public;

scopeMagazine=private;

Weapontype=1;

Displayname="sword";

model="path to your pd3 model of the weapon";

picture="path to the picture";

uipicture="path to the icon";

flashSize=0;

magazines[]={"swordmag"};

ammo="swordAmmo";

dexterity=2;

multiplier=1;

burst=1;

soundContinuous= 0;

sound[]={"",db1,1};

ffCount=7;

reloadTime=0;

autofire=0;

aiRateOfFire=1.00000;

aiRateOfFireDistance =50;

UseAction=0;

useActionTitle="";

recoil="";  

reloadMagazineSound[]={"",db0,1};

};

};

Don't forget to set your units pos "up", and you can try to adapt the range to the size of the weapon.

This can be used alone (for sword, spears, axes, etc...) or as a "muzzle" for muskets, riffles etc... as CWmod or Napoleonic mod will do in next release.

Soldier model and textures look incredible so far, very impressive job Stu. I cannot wait to see more progress screens, which each one I am even more impressed.

Quote[/b] ][CAS] Daniel Posted on Oct. 27 2005,01:36

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The troops look great.  

A bit off topic, but how's your mech project going? I was really looking forward to that.

Sadly i lost all the building models and one mech model that i had made the Cougar  sad_o.gif  I've still got the Madcat and Bushwacker models tho but as for when i'll get round to finishing them i'll try getting them done for December If i don't get them done by then, then i may just release as they are maybe someone else can finish them wink_o.gif

@xnodunitx, Thx nod smile_o.gif  I'll try get on msn when ever i stop being lazy and set everything up again biggrin_o.gif  havent set everything up on the comp since i reformatted it biggrin_o.gif

@ProfTournesol, Thank you for the info and a big Thanks for posting that config.  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  smile_o.gif

I've did some more model's started on a Germanic Warrior I've still to add some more to him like some Fur and a beard an what not biggrin_o.gif and a wagen and the Shipwright which just needs some more texture work and some bits in bobs modeled in the inside.

GermanicWarrior1.jpg

wagen.jpg

Shipwright.jpg

Great work Stu! Cant wait to get my hands on these and "At my command, unleash hell" wow_o.gif

very cool!!!! Stu, do you create everything yourself??? or is there a team?? BTW: You should consider to call it a mod, than just some siege addons. Everything looks really really good!!!! Im looking forward to play AGE OF EMPIRES in First Person View biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

Thanks Chops & Acacyn smile_o.gif

yeah i made the model's yourself smile_o.gif There's not a team at the moment tho Desert-Rat has kindly offered to make some weapons and such. smile_o.gif

I've been looking at aoe screen shots to get some ideas for buildings, so expect to see some aoe building type's. biggrin_o.gif

Hear's another update pic of the roman soldier.

roman3.jpg

Holy "#%/"*^'!!!

This is something I thought I'd never see!

I hope Seven Worders of the world isn't too much to ask  whistle.gif

Almost impossible to believe my eyes! Love those hands! Well I like 'em from all directions anyway, but those hands are simply adorable. Don't look OFP-ish at all, which is good.

This is what we have all been waiting for too long! Can't wait to crush those barbarians by being a part of a spear wall or throw axes at the romans as a german!

Quote[/b] ]@ProfTournesol, Thank you for the info and a big Thanks for posting that config.

De nada. Moreover, working crossbow do exist (they send arrows etc...), in the Mig vampire pack, it should be easy to make a bow then.

Very nice progress so far! I like the model on the Germanic Warrior, as well as the new Roman model. Cannot wait to see more smile_o.gif

Stu, I think I speak for most of us in begging you to do this for OFP before OFP 2 comes out lol

Me and a bunch of buddies have always thought about how awesome a medieval/"knightly" combat mod would be, and I just saw this last night and was like "FINALLY!"

So...I understand and everything, but...there's a lot of us very, very interested. Great job, fantastic.