Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA Release Day

Stunning work! wow_o.gif

I hate to clog up my addons folder though, but with a mod this good, why am I caring?

Can't wait for that future suprise!!

biggrin_o.gif

(Thanks Jackal, I'll be sure to read the entire readme next time

goodnight.gif )

In the \Operation Flashpoint\@DMA folder, alongside the Dta folder, could I make an Addons folder and put all the DMA .pbo's in there?

Yes you could, many people use mod folders, in conjunction with the "-nomap" command in the OFP shortcut, to increase the maximum amount of addons that can be loaded at one time (by loading several mod folders at once) to prevent OFP crashing to desktop.

the convoy and nogova mention lead me into thinking he is talking about the Coop Engine.

In that case, it should be better to report the problems there, so TacRod can easily notice this.

BTW: What will be your next project, DMA team?

I'm working on a few missions that will use various DMA addons. However, most of it is so secret that I can't even tell myself.

Not a chance at all i would do such foolish thing myself.

But you can do it yourself, as the config.cpp of the ECP config is in fact a simple text file, so a simple copy/paste will solve your problem.

Look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgRecoils

{

access=1;

empty[]={};

impulse[]={0.05,0.02,0.2,0.1,0.03,-0.1,0.3,0,0};

riffleSingle[]={0.05,"0.02*0.65","0.05*0.65",0.35,0,-0.006,0.07,0,-0.006,0.13,0,0};

riffleSilenced[]={0.05,"0.02*0.65","0.05*0.65",0.35,0,-0.006,0.07,0,-0.006,0.13,0,0};

LAWSingle[]={0.02,0,0,0.05,0.08,0.03,0.1,0.03,0.015,0.2,0,0};

sniperSingle[]={0.05,"0.02*0.72","0.05*0.72",0.35,0,-0.006,0.07,0,-0.006,0.13,0,0};

riffleBurst3[]={0.05,0.005,0.01,0.05,0.005,0.01,0.05,"0.02*0.65","0.05*0.65",0.35,0,-0.006,0.07,0,-0.006,0.13,0,0};

mgunBurst3[]={0.05,"0.02*0.4","0.05*0.4",0.35,0,-0.006,0.07,0,-0.006,0.13,0,0};

};

And replace those lines by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgRecoils

{

access=1;

empty[]={};

impulse[]={0.05,0.02,0.2,0.1,0.03,-0.1,0.3,0,0};

riffleSingle[]={0.05,0.02,0.04,0.05,0,0};

riffleSilenced[]={0.01,0.004,0.01,0.05,0,0};

LAWSingle[]={0.02,0,0,0.05,0.08,0.03,0.1,0.03,0.015,0.2,0,0};

sniperSingle[]={0.02,0,0,0.05,0.01,0.02,0.1,0.008,0.018,0.2,0,0};

riffleBurst3[]={0.05,0.02,0.04,0.05,0,0};

mgunBurst3[]={0.03,0.02,"0.04*1.35",0.03,0.01,"0.01*0.5",0.03,0.03,"0.04*1.35",0.03,0.02,"0.02*0.5",0.01,0,0};

};

And you will have again the BIS recoil sad_o.gif

-----------------

then look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Default

{

access=3;

actions="StandActions";

file="";

looped=1;

speed=0.500000;

disableWeapons=0;

enableOptics=1;

disableWeaponsLong=0

You will see a value

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">aimPrecision=3;

if you change this into

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">aimPrecision=1;

You will have the default BIS "wavering" for the stand aiming sad_o.gif

Look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Crouch:Combat

{

preload=1;

actions="CrouchActions";

file="klek.rtm";

speed=10000000000.0;

variantsPlayer[]={};

variantsAI[]={};

visibleSize=0.6;

You will see a value

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">aimPrecision=2;

if you change this into

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">aimPrecision=0.5;

You will have the default BIS "wavering" for the crouch aiming sad_o.gif

Finally, look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Lying:Default

{

preload=1;

actions="LyingActions";

file="leh.rtm";

speed=10000000000.0;

looped=1;

onLandBeg=1;

onLandEnd=1;

soundEnabled=0;

You will see a value

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">aimPrecision=0.450000;

if you change this into

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">aimPrecision=0.3;

You will then have the default BIS "wavering" for the crouch aiming sad_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Wicked. It was an excellent toy to play with this weekend. When I have more time I'm going to try customizing some missions.

Just out of curiosity where did you get the camo pattern for your resistance troops, it looks uncannily like Irish DPM (not the similar Slovenian or Serb Para patterns)

The camouflage on the Res soldiers does indeed look familiar, sort of reminds me of the Yugoslavian M92 pattern.

Still, I am amazed by the amount of addons released as well as by the quality of them. This is one hell of a release day, and ofcourse just as I left for vacation sad_o.gif

The second I get home I will definately try these out. Again, great job!

yes, it is based on that camo pattern, but I don't want people to think that they are Yugoslav units which I did not intend them to be. I thought that they would look odd with fictional camo, odd with a western country camo and didn't feel that Russian camo worked either. So, the camo pattern used was the winner for now.

wink_o.gif

And the dynamic missions? I read in some older dma thread that one of the afghanistan missions had problems with the newest ecp?

There might be a bug in the recoil system regarding scopes and zoom.

If you look in a scope with no magnification it bounces up with the recoil and down to the start aiming point again.

However if you have zoomed in it recoils the same vertical distance as in no magnifcation thus throwing your aim off more than if you didn't zoom.

And the dynamic missions? I read in some older dma thread that one of the afghanistan missions had problems with the newest ecp?

With the Dynamic Afghanistan missions (VDV, DF + AH) errors messages may occur during spawning, but no CTDs have been reported so far (neither witnessed I any while testing with the DMA ARMY/ECP config) wink_o.gif

So go for it, and if any errors apart from the errormessages appear, please report them smile_o.gif

The Bleed for Oil mission is not ECP compatible yet, and CTDs can occur while playing it with ECP. Its recommended to use one of the DMA mod packs instead (ARMY/NAVAL)

There might be a bug in the recoil system regarding scopes and zoom.

If you look in a scope with no magnification it bounces up with the recoil and down to the start aiming point again.

However if you have zoomed in it recoils the same vertical distance as in no magnifcation thus throwing your aim off more than if you didn't zoom.

Actually it is not a bug and is totally normal, because your scope allow you to "zoom on" the environment, it does not mean you can nullify the effect of recoil.

And when you look in a scope and magnify the environment in reality, even a small movement can have a huge impact on your aiming , and so the recoil too.

So in the end this is realistic.

Quote[/b] ]And when you look in a scope and magnify the environment in reality, even a small movement can have a huge impact on your aiming , and so the recoil too.

And how. I don't think a lot of people realize to what extent this affects accuracy.

And when you look in a scope and magnify the environment in reality, even a small movement can have a huge impact on your aiming , and so the recoil too.

So in the end this is realistic.

I know, but since the game does automatically compensates for recoil by lowering the aim back to the starting aimpoint, shouldn't the compensation "physically" (in-game) be the same, not depending on the zoom setting of the scope? If you follow what I mean.. gah

I actually like that. Because it really forces snipers to time and aim their shots with considerable skill.

Instead of the aim automatically respotting. It's left roughly where the recoil peaked. Which means you have to respot your aim, the most quick way of doing this is by going out of scope view and then acquiring your target, then looking through your scope again.

I can tell you, I have to do this a lot when I'm picking off gophers at a considerable distance using a higher magnification. (some of them like to move quickly)

There's to me. Nothing more unrealistic or annoyingly stupid than having someone from a distance just start spamming the fire button while scoped not even having to acquire a target again. Sniping with this "Bug" makes the game more fun IMHO.

... Anyhow.

I was going to post something about the resistance units. I poked around the pbo file unpacked and noticed their p3d filesize is around 300-something kb.

That's not really bad for a modern addon. How does the actual polycount compare to the stock BIS units? Favorably? It seems that way. Favorably as in lower, that is.

Aside from some of the texture's resolution being 512 and up, that's not really bad. It's in my opinion, an oddity in a sea of addons that are usually far too detailed for what they really ought to be.

Some comments on the DMA Army pack and the Super Sniper add-on:

1. The Resistance hunter is equiped with a "kozlice" that looks like a combat shotgun, perhaps a Benelli. It fires "shell" ammo that has only 3 shots per "magazine" and 5 "magazines," and "ball" ammo that works as with the original kozlice. You can switch between shell or ball freely as on the original double-barrel kozlice. Also, the ROF per shell is pretty slow. Feels more like MG than a shotgun shell. Not sure what was intended here.

2. The U.S. "Super Sniper" is equipped with a "SuperM21" that appears as a SR-25. Maybe a conflict with the DMA Army pack. Also, I'm not sure if the SR-25 (although a nice model) is the best rifle to equip the U.S. sniper with. The plain gunmetal model conflicts with the beautiful new ghillie suit camo, and the SR-25 is not the most common sniper weapon. I'd rather see a more modern M-21 with some sort of camo (paint and/or burlap strip wrapping).

3. On the "super snipers," the scopes are zeroed for somewhere around 1000m and are off on windage, making them difficult for human players to use (but I don't know if human players were intended to use these).

4. In the editor under resistance, a unit called "soldier" appears 4 times in the list and is identical (as far as I can tell).

5. One of the U.S. spec ops appears with a silenced Uzi. Could this be replaced with an MP5, as I don't believe the modern U.S. military has Uzis in their inventory?

The DMA replacement units are really, really great, especially in conjunction with Sanctuary's "next gen" animations. I love the new opfor, but is it possible to have distinct models for all the officers? Also, what is the difference between the Naval pack and the Army pack? Russian naval infantry in one and Russian Army infantry in the other?

special operations don't use MP5s unless they are in tight quarters, they use M4's. on possibly using the m21, i wouldn't do that either, some snipers that are assigned to units use the m21, but real snipers, ie, someone that'd wear a G suit, would be a equipped with an M24, no questions asked.

special operations don't use MP5s unless they are in tight quarters, they use M4's.  on possibly using the m21, i wouldn't do that either, some snipers that are assigned to units use the m21, but real snipers, ie, someone that'd wear a G suit, would be a equipped with an M24, no questions asked.

Certainly, but I believe they may be attempting to keep the conversions in line with the originals. If so, the M-21 would be most appropiate considering it's widespread use across most branches of the military. Regarding M4s, all U.S. Spec Ops in DMA Army are equipped with a silenced M4, except Spec Op (handgun) with the silenced Uzi and Spec Op (day, XMS) with a M16A3 w/ ACOG.

I now have a substantial bug to report to the DMA team: in the DMA Army pack, all machine gunners (West, East and Resistance) are firing entire belts of ammunition continuously over the heads of their targets. DMA Army Pack machine gunners are essentially rendered useless, except for making lots of noise. wink_o.gif

I seem to recall this problem occuring with the Invasion '44 mod and changes made to recoil with some of their automatic weapons. It may improve realism to a degree for human use, but the AI cannot work with these recoil properties.

p.s. one other small Army Pack bug, the Berreta 92F for U.S. "Officer (handgun)" has 10 rounds in its magazine where it should have 15.