Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA Release Day

I must add that in the alpha of the map no sounds are defined in the config.

If i remember well, doesn't your island depends on Cathshit's afghanistan ?

There were sounds defined in this afghan island, so maybe the sound error could be related to some depandancies not correctly defined in the CfgPatches section , for the beta Lybia or for cathshit afghanistan, or for the mission played on the server ?

Yes it depends on Catshit Afghanistan Revisited, but since the addons (Mapfact, AGS etc.) it depends on have defined sounds, and map map doesnt, I thought that lacking defined sound in the config may have caused the problem. It was a mere guess though.

On the other hand I totaly forgot, that I have been playing the beta of the next update with Mapfact on a dedicated server, we had no problems there, and the updated config doesnt have sounds defined either, and uses the same addons (except bfv_gecko.pbo). So regarding this fact, either the bfv_gecko.pbo or the mission you tried to play may have caused the problem.

Shouldnt take to long untill the update is ready, it has been tested on a dedicated server, so you will have no problems then. wink_o.gif

Sorry it's:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">no entry '.sounds'

We're getting.

smile_o.gif

My bad.

Current public release of Libya works fine on USMC dedicated server, we even played CTI on it. smile_o.gif

bizarre... perhaps we've using the wrong version of an addon? The server was recently updated with the whole list of what was contained in the 'required addons' rar.

and considering it error'ed with just one BIS man on it, then i guess its something to do with that whistle.gif

This is the uploaded addons on our server:

addonlist.jpg

There are some more addons, but none related to Libya. You might want to check filesizes, to make sure the addons uploaded fully.

cheers for the help sniperwolf... of all things it seems our server admin of previous forgot to upload the island pbo itself

banghead.gif

silly mistake, but obviously one i wasnt looking for hence not spotting it.

DMA guys, i must commend you (rather late of course) on an excellent map - we we're testing it the other night, and i've honestly never experienced such smooth frame rates on a user made island in MP

Great Job!

Thank you, I am glad you like it, and got it to work. smile_o.gif

Unfortunatly, the next update will not be as low on resourcess as the first beta, since alot of new buildings are added, to cope with the new objects and the much larger object count stronger computer or lower viewdistances will be needed to play the map.

I think it will be worth the extra ammount of detail, but people looking for performance may not like it. That is why I am thinking of offering the alpha version of the map with new vegetation, to let people play with nicer palms, but better framerates (the price for better perfomance will be that there are no new objects on the map).

But since I cant satisfy everyone anyway, I will stick to the high detailed vision of the map. biggrin_o.gif

@Messiah:

Glad I could help.

@Honchoblack:

I was wondering if the palms now show up on the map. Also I am interested do you still care about AI pathfinding, I like Libya because of the good AI pathfinding.

Yes to both. wink_o.gif

The new vegetation now shows up on the map, e.g. making it easier to pick insertion spots for a helicopter.

And main focus is still the AI manueverability, almost every place can be reached by them, with a slight exception, which are the pipelines, which foot soldiers still refuse to traverse. Mapfact layed AI path to help them cross, but the infantry soldiers still have a hard time crossing the pipelines. Mission makers will have to address that fact. On the good side, vehicles have no problem at all to cross the pipelines. smile_o.gif

we play our server on 500 viewdistance to optimise the performance... not great, but its smooth biggrin_o.gif

we'd have to test the new high detail one, but i must say i reckon a update to the current one, without the extra buildings but the new palms and vegetation showing would be nice

of course, up to you smile_o.gif

We're having good performance on default MP settings, no lag/fps drop for me, I only found one location that has a small impact on FPS, it's the "Tripoli" area. I hope honcho knows what I'm talking about.

On the bright side of life... the cities and settlements on the new version of the map look more like something that evolved year after year and not just appeared over one night. I think it's well worth it, the performance hit is not that big anyway. smile_o.gif

Hey, good work DMA crew. =)

One point of criticism though - is the black ops' M4 SD' sights inaccurate (DMA Army Pack)? It seems the weapon isn't properly zeroed - I can only hit things with it using the optic sight.