Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA Release Day

Excellent effort inlove.gif One small query so far in the DMA_libya missions_veicles_addons, which i downloded i think the hiluxmg pbo is version 2.1.However in the latest dynamic afganistan i think you have said that you need the hiluxmg v1.1 "because of no addon dependencies". Please can you tell me which one i need.

Where do we report bugs for the Delta force(heavy) DA mission? I have problems with it , i see the intro and after the A-10 bpmbs it says THE END and i get thrown to the main OFP screen? crazy_o.gif

Where do we report bugs for the Delta force(heavy) DA mission? I have problems with it , i see the intro and after the A-10 bpmbs it says THE END and i get thrown to the main OFP screen?  crazy_o.gif

Me to at first! make sure you have ALL the addons needed! The addon that i was short of was" sig old truck" or somat biggrin_o.gif Moral of the story:- double make sure you read all the thread crazy_o.gif

Congrats and a big floorscraping bow to the DMA team.

Those templates along with MAPFACT's coming DAC release...

This is why I play OFP.  notworthy.gif

btw It's BLEED 1.0e guys - 1.0e...  icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank you Blackblood, I fixed the d to an e, readme was written as 1.0d was out wink_o.gif

EDIT: Oops - I may have discovered the problem myself. The DMA Libya file contains a long list of extra addons for the mission (I'd only seen the ones for the island). I'll try that now.

--

Help!  I've just installed the various files but I'm having problems with getting any of the missions to work.  See the following for missing addon alerts:

Bleed for Oil

DMA Last Fight

DynaWarWest

DynaWarEast runs but this is how the map looks:

Map

I'm sure I've cocked something up so please let me know if you can spot my error.  Also, here's a screen of my MOD folder:

folder

Much appreciated if someone could lend a hand - the screenshots look excellent.

Cheers

Steiner

The list of pbo you should have to make the Lybia island and the Last Fight Lybia/Bleed for oil working without problems

Baracken.pbo

BAS_RUSOPFOR.pbo

bfv_GECKO.pbo

BLB_UK.pbo

CATintro.pbo

F3WX_O1.pbo

hiluxmg.pbo

JAM_Magazines.pbo

JAM_Sounds.pbo

JAM_Vehicles.pbo

jjr_rebels.pbo

JOF_Objects1.pbo

Libya_256.pbo

MAP_MilObj-Pack.pbo

MAP_Misc.pbo

MAP_OilAddon_3D.pbo

MAP_OilAddon_script.pbo

MAP_OilAddon_T.pbo

oilworker.pbo

RKSL-L96A1.pbo

rktmerlin.pbo

ukf_infantry.pbo

ukf_para.pbo

ukf_rm.pbo

ukf_slmg.pbo

ukf_textuk.pbo

ukf_ukweps.pbo

UKF_Weapons.pbo

UKF_WMIK.pbo

UKFLR_90GS.pbo

UKFLR110GS.pbo

UKFLRGPMG.pbo

UKFLRText.pbo

For the DynaWarWest map , no idea as i don't have any errors, and LaserGuided is an official BIS addon.

By chance, do you have some unofficial addons in the default Addons or Res\AddOns folders ?

Maybe it is a conflict with an unofficial addon and why everyone should manage addons with mod folders and leave their default addons folder "clean" of unofficial stuff.

For the DynaWarEast map it is normal, i left the marker there so mission maker willing to modify the template can compare with the mission without missing something.

You have none of the addons installed, needed for the missions on the Libya map. The addons you have installed are the ones needed for the Libya map itself (objects). wink_o.gif

Read this thread to find out about the needed mission addons, or read the Readme provided with the Libya download:

DMA LIBYA

or download them here (but I am sure that you have most of them already, so its advised to collect the single addons in the DMA Libya thread):

DMA-LIBYA MISSIONS VEHICLES ADDONS

DMA-LIBYA MISSIONS TROOPS ADDONS

And you can remove all .p3d files from the addons folder, these models are for modeling porpuses (not sure if they cause any trouble) smile_o.gif

And you can remove all .p3d files from the addons folder, these models are for modeling porpuses (not sure if they cause any trouble) smile_o.gif

They should cause no problems even if they are not supposed to be in an Addon folders.

Those MLOD p3d are for modelers wanting to modify the open source DMA M202A1 addon.

Thanks fellas, as I'd mentioned in my Edit, the fault was entirely my own.  I'd missed the section in the Read Me file which pointed to the Mission addons (I'd downloaded the Map addons and rushed off to have a go)!  smile_o.gif

The 'laser guided' prob is a real mystery.  LaserGuided.pbo 'should have'been in my res/addons folder but wasn't!  Possibly deleted by another mod installer?  Anyway - I've put it back so all's well.  

One last question since I'm here.  A  read me file stated a requirement for putting the 'Libya_256_Anim' folder in the Res/Addons folder and the 'anims' folder containing 'intro1.CATintro' into the main OFP addons folder.  Is this really necessary?  I try to keep these folders 'pure' so as to avoid conflicts.

Thanks again guys for all your excellent work.  I know what I'll be doing this weekend!  wink_o.gif

The anim folders that are needed for the island custcenes in main menu (the ones that are launched everytime you exit a mission or exit the mission editor) are only working if you place them in the original Addons or Res\Addons (for the Lybia anim custcenes it is in Res\Addons folder)

It never work if you place them in a mod folder , unlike it is specifically defined in the config of such mod folder (the name of the mod folder must be exactly defined there)

Fortunately, and in the opposite of addons, anim folders -never- create any problem of incompatibility with anything if you place them in the original Addons or Res\Addons folder, as they are read only when the island need them in the main menu.

So you can place those island cutscenes anim folders there without problems.

Suppressed HK models replaced by suppressed M4A1 Carbines are fine with the BIS replacement soldiers. Right up to the point where you have JAM enemies shooting SD 9mm parrabellum at you from M4a1 silenced carbines. So this is a little unrealistic. confused_o.gif Same thing for the M21. That's not so bad. But still messes with the JAM units.

Should I not use JAM at all? Perhaps that's the only workaround at this stage.

Can the models be reverted back to the original weapon?

Overall I like the feel of this Mod. Some small inconsistencies like the weapons stated above. But I like this Mod ESPECIALLY the island. And thank you for including an ECP config.

verall I like the feel of this Mod. Some small inconsistencies like the weapons stated above. But I like this Mod ESPECIALLY the island. And thank you for including an ECP config.
Quote[/b] ]

Can the models be reverted back to the original weapon?

Naval or Army mini replacement mods are just bonus , gameplay and performance in mind only, keeping BIS values of damages and ranges, nothing turned to realism or destined to be an important thing and so no update will be done on those bonus modpacks.

There are more serious realism modification than the DMA Army or Naval modpacks available, use them if you prefer realism.

Quote[/b] ]Suppressed HK models replaced by suppressed M4A1 Carbines are fine with the BIS replacement soldiers. Right up to the point where you have JAM enemies shooting SD 9mm parrabellum at you from M4a1 silenced carbines. So this is a little unrealistic. confused_o.gif Same thing for the M21. That's not so bad. But still messes with the JAM units.

The Army modpack use the DMA Euro Guerilla in replacement of the BIS resistance , and does not use any JAM2/JAM3 weaponry, so it is balanced totally.

I don't understand really your JAM messing point with the modpacks, because none of the modpacks are using JAM

Quote[/b] ]

Should I not use JAM at all? Perhaps that's the only workaround at this stage.

You can use the standalone version of the DMA Euro guerilla from WilliEC and oppose them to other unit packs using JAM weapons, if you want to use JAM the standalone version of the DMA Euro Guerilla is totally compatile with other units packs using JAM.

I'd like to know if I've gotten a bit paranoid. I've been shooting anyone wearing a military vest with a mask on in urban situations (Because they tend to run at me even if they're unarmed), are they civilians or suicide bombers? I can't tell, because they look an awful lot like suicide bombers to me.

First rule for urban area combat: only shoot when shot upon, soldier wink_o.gif

in case of the picture below, the two on the left seem extremly suspicious, the one on the right is just out to get his AA weapon fixed tounge2.gif

MeanOne1.jpg

Maybe not a good idea to have a vest marked USA like this AA guy, if there are USSR soldiers around this location smile_o.gif

some further missions for the Libya map will follow, other plans will be kept secret for possible future suprise releases smile_o.gif