Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

Hi, the Diemacos look good, but i think that that green it's too dark; but well... don't redo the textures for me. There go some photos of russian scopes that may serve you Jackal a.k.a. Mr Roopert >>;-)

POS-P:

POSP3-9X42.jpg

POS-P:

POSP3-9X42_01.jpg

POS-P:

POSP8X42.jpg

Let's C ya

Thanks for the PSO reference image Wipman. I've already edited the green texture, its now more of an olive drab, which seems to fit well ingame (as well as not look too out of place with the rest of the rifle). Once again thanks to Messiah and Abs_01 for the C7 images, and to Wipman for the Russian PSO scope.

Also, a note about the magazines these will use (in terms of modelled magazines, not the coding). They'll use the U.S. style 30 round metal magazine and not the classic Diemaco plastic magazine. This is not only to cnserve time in the completion of the pack, but also because I've heard Canada (and other countries) are phasing out the plastic magazines in favour of the metal ones because of numerous issues (melting etc).

no worries jackal, although i suspect you;d already found it via the colt canada site... it seems though, that the image isnt a fair representation of the true colour of the furniture, as can be seen in ch_123's links - the green either becomes, or rather always is a more browny green colour - which better suits the rifle imo.

The elcan scope is a softer green than the butt and the furniture.

It looks diiferent in almost every pic out there though.

realised you said you needed references for the triad mount - its very similiar to the mount on one of your current weapons in the pack (the one which already has the green furniture on it) but the main obvious difference is the part that raises up the middle... as seen here:

rails-triad1.gif

http://www.coltcanada.com

diemaco have one of the best reference sites in the world if you ask me biggrin_o.gif - You may also have noticed that since the colt takeover it seems (or that i can work out) that the large 'D' diemaco stamp has move down the side of the weapon and been replaced with the maple leaf, and instead of the embossed 'made in canada under liscense from colt inc.' (or words to that affect) its just 'made in canada' and 'fabrique au canada'

it may have always been like that, but at least in the case of the british c8a1/2 it was the old style large D, whereas it now seems to have been replaced with the maple leaf

Maple leafs are stamped on weapons in Canadian service IIRC. Export models have the D on them.

They'll probably have some variation on the Colt logo in the future. (Probably the one with the little maple leaf above the T as shown on the website)

makes sense smile_o.gif i guess it depends what version jackal is trying to make

Is this the only Diemaco going in this version of the pack?

I plan on C7A1 + variants, C7A2 + variants, C8A1 + variants (possibly a C8A2 too), possibly even a C9/A1/A2 if I get time.

Nice work Jackal.

thumbs-up.gif

*Bites tongue to avoid a page-long invective-filled diatribe regarding Colt's takeover of Diemaco.*

Looking and sounding great, mate. I take it you've already offered these to the rejuvenated ONS?

Quote[/b] ]Maple leafs are stamped on weapons in Canadian service IIRC. Export models have the D on them.

Yep. Maple leaf's are stamped on them, but the signature D is there also. You can see it faintly on the picture in the previous page.

Speaking of the photo on the previous page, it is way too green. The Canadian forces are currently using these weapons in Afghanistan, and nothing I've seen in any of the images available have shown it that green.

Also, if you look at the stock of the rifle, the end is much more thicker than that of the regular C8 stock. I do believe it is a modified version.

Looking forward to these rifles!

Abs

[EDIT:]No problem Jackal! Anything I can do to help, just ask. smile_o.gif

Yeah, I'vre already edited the green, its a lot more 'subtle' now, less intense.

Here is a quick screenshot, I'll upload more tonight hopefully.

IMAGE 1 - Updated Diemaco C7A2.

You'll notice the more subtle olive-drab green has replaced the intense green I used before. You'll also notice the improved 'TRIAD' rail system and the modelled sling-ring (not a great angle to really notice it.

EDIT: Its hard to accurately portray the green colour via Buldozer/Photoshop as the images always seem to paste a lot darker than they appear - same with ingame shots. Judt take my word for it, the colours fit.

Also, if you look at the stock of the rifle, the end is much more thicker than that of the regular C8 stock. I do believe it is a modified version.

I think the C7A2/C8A2 have regular C8A1 4 position stocks (the original C8 stock was only 2 position aparently), A2s just come with a large rubber butt-pad that can be removed.

I think the C7A2/C8A2 have regular C8A1 4 position stocks (the original C8 stock was only 2 position aparently), A2s just come with a large rubber butt-pad that can be removed.

Could be possible; I actually wouldn't know. Every picture I've seen has had the rubber pad on it then smile_o.gif

Abs

[EDIT:]The new picture showed up just after I pressed submit. That's some mighty fine work, Jackal! notworthy.gif

id-macpher2-2.jpg

Seems like C7s are being getting short barrels

Actually, according to the source they are midlife upgrades being done to the C7A2 by the Canadian Army.

Abs

Indeed, its a mid-life upgrade to try and prevent the rifle becoming muzzle heavy, which in turn hampers aiming by throwing the center of gravity of the weapon forward and makes it cumbersome to handle when you've got a flashlight/AN-PEQ 2/whatever attached to the TRIAD rails.

The shorter barrel shifts the weight back, closer to the receiver and eases aiming.

EDIT: I wont be including the shorter barrel version, might as well just use the C8A1/A2.

Aaah...the obscene attention to detail that really defines OFP community...Good for some...(end user) - worse for others (creator)...Jackal i salute your work morale and talent. Hows the Shrike coming? whistle.gifwink_o.gif

Hows the Shrike coming? whistle.gifwink_o.gif

One of the 'Suprise' weapons I presume? xmas_o.gif

*laughs so hard he falls out of his chair and gives himself a concussion*

*finally stops laughing and writes a "It'll be in a later version" postiit and sticks it to Blackblood's forehead*