Sign in to follow this  
Jimboob

Right & Left Handed

lol im both handed, i grew up using my right hand.. so i was good with anything but i soon learned i was also left handed when i was bowling i kept getting strikes.. then i started playing pool with left hand and i also hold a gun left hand..

but i can use both.. im multi talented rofl.gif

but i can use both.. <s>im multi talented rofl.gif</s> I'm a switch hitter

biggrin_o.gif

Personally I've never fired a gun, but I do natrually hold it righty, though I write left handed, I shoot pool with either hand, but I throw righty. All ove the place when it comes to sides lol

so the suggestion is made. Both sides should be implemented for OFP2*

smile_o.gif

but i can use both.. <s>im multi talented rofl.gif</s> I'm a switch hitter

biggrin_o.gif

Personally I've never fired a gun, but I do natrually hold it righty, though I write left handed, I shoot pool with either hand, but I throw righty. All ove the place when it comes to sides lol

Im not going to ask what hand you use for.. well you know. icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest The Cobra
but i can use both.. <s>im multi talented  rofl.gif</s>  I'm a switch hitter

biggrin_o.gif

Personally I've never fired a gun, but I do natrually hold it righty, though I write left handed, I shoot pool with either hand, but I throw righty.  All ove the place when it comes to sides lol

Im not going to ask what hand you use for.. well you know. icon_rolleyes.gif

biggrin_o.gif

I shoot my soft-air gun with right hand. Also rifle with the right hand at the trigger.

I would like to be able to use both hands

pistols.gif

pistols.gif

pistols.gif

firing two weapons on close combat notworthy.gif

(before you ask: yes I'm good with both xmas_o.gif )

quiet_man

Quote[/b] ]firing two weapons on close combat

Hard to imagine that would work IRL huh.gif

May I call you John Rambo from now on ? tounge2.gif

but i can use both.. <s>im multi talented  rofl.gif</s>  I'm a switch hitter

biggrin_o.gif

Personally I've never fired a gun, but I do natrually hold it righty, though I write left handed, I shoot pool with either hand, but I throw righty.  All ove the place when it comes to sides lol

Same. Thought I shot with my right. Just comftoble wink_o.gif

well most of you agree that left-handed shooting should be implemented in the game... but lets take this discussion to the next level. As a Norwegian Army solder I got training in CQB. In CQB we have to use both right and left handed shooting (around corners, in buildings etc.. For our own safety). How about implement in-game shifting between right/left???

well most of you agree that left-handed shooting should be implemented in the game... but lets take this discussion to the next level. As a Norwegian Army solder I got training in CQB. In CQB we have to use both right and left handed shooting (around corners, in buildings etc.. For our own safety). How about implement in-game shifting between right/left???

Interesting point, I've seen american green berets using both hands in CQB around corners with an SAW. Its like in soccer, you shoot better with the right foot on the left side of your team's attack and vice-versa.

remember the G36 corner bugs? or through it is kind of build in cheating, yet if do it right, it would be great for tactical movement

Eh not really a good idea for a default character as all the newbies would be using it when a OFP vet could pick em off from a hill with a M16 and not be seen.

Switching from left to right handed ingame is a good idea, especially in CQB.

How about pushing it further?

If you set your character to be left-handed then when you use your personal weapon right handed your weapon-handling skills becomes worse? as in longer time to aim and steady the sights, longer time to reload etc.

I have never heard of a person who is equally good handling a weapon both left- and right-handed.

I can shoot and reload a handgun with my right hand (I'm a leftie) but it feels clumsy as hell. I can shoot with it, but nowhere near the accuracy and speed as if I use my left hand.

Guys... you remember in older games there was an option STRAFE MODIFIER (default key ALT), so that you can walk sideways..

Well, what about making a LEAN modifier, so that when you hold down ALT or something, then you can smoothly lean as much as you need, with your mouse. If you lean too much left, then the character automatically switches the gun to the left hand.

Ok, i upgraded my idea (this should be in suggestions). How about making a FULL TORSO MODIFIER? So holding down ALT key (or any other) and moving your mouse, you can raise, lower, or lean your torso. It would also make it really easy to use maybe some gun-integrated cameras, to look over some ledges or behind corners. Of course this would mean no animations, very good joint system for models. Would be cool not to have only 3 stances, but to smoothly choose your own.

If you mean smooth lean like in Ravenshield, that is only usefull in CQB when there are lots of objects around/in your way.

I don't know Ravenshield, but yes, i had CQB in mind when i thought of it. But i didn't mean only LEAN.

Anyway, there should be lots of CQB in Game 2.

i don't care so much about left handed use , but i would like it to be possible to have two handguns or small SMG's in both your hands like in GTA san andreas game or in matrix tounge2.gif

would be funny for those wacky civie type missions maybe and nice for mods to use smile_o.gif

I don't know how easy it is to control a small SMG even with two hands, but you're saying you want 2 onehanded SMG's?

IMO left handed/right handed would be pure eyecandy, and probably not worth the work put into it. Obviously itll be for BIS to decide smile_o.gif

IMO left handed/right handed would be pure eyecandy, and probably not worth the work put into it. Obviously itll be for BIS to decide  smile_o.gif

I agree, we'd have to have 2 sets of animations for everything, it'd be tons of work and in the end most people would never end up using the left handed animations.

I say stick with the normal OFP right handed soldier  tounge2.gif

yeh i guess u just would hold a normal rifle as a leftie unless ofcourse u want a burst of burnin hot bullet casings in yalls face.

One of the improvements to the M16A2 over the A1 was that it had a "Spent Case Deflector" which directed the casing away from the soldiers face.

From the USMC Website:

Quote[/b] ]* a modified upper receiver design to deflect ejected cartridges, and preclude the possibility of the ejected cartridges hitting the face of a left-handed firer;

From World.Guns.Ru :

Quote[/b] ]The M16A2 also featured the spent case deflector - a triangular bulb on the receiver, just behind the ejection port, that allows the gun to be safely fired left-handed.

So lefties can at least fire the M16 biggrin_o.gif

Me dont know that smile_o.gif me work with stoneage weapons like AK have no cartrige deflector fire bullets straight into leftie eye.

Great Mod in your sig  notworthy.gif

IMO left handed/right handed would be pure eyecandy, and probably not worth the work put into it. Obviously itll be for BIS to decide  smile_o.gif

What if a right handed soldier can lean further to the right than left and vice versa?

....you head is slightly tilted to the right if you're right-handed and aiming down the sights. Kinda like in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

Quote[/b] ]I don't know Ravenshield, but yes, i had CQB in mind when i thought of it. But i didn't mean only LEAN.

Anyway, there should be lots of CQB in Game 2.

In Ravenshield with the smooth-lean enabled, your mouse controll your torso and legs. left/right is lean left/right, up/down is analogue controll between stand up and crouched.

Quote[/b] ]Shadow Posted on Aug. 29 2005,04:11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Ravenshield with the smooth-lean enabled, your mouse controll your torso and legs. left/right is lean left/right, up/down is analogue controll between stand up and crouched.

Wow, I'm in the dark ages. That sounds like a great idea for all the varied obstructions in OFP.