Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

T-90 and T-80U RELEASED!!!

The much-awaited T-90 and T-80U has been released at Flashpoint.ru

Congratulations to Timamas for the Model, textures and scripts and to Maxpain too  smile_o.gif

t90_5.jpg

t90_2.jpg

t90_1s.JPGt90_3s.JPGt90_4s.JPG

D O W N L O A D !

these tanks amazing, you can even DRIVE UNDERWATER like real tanks! without exploding tounge2.gif  but you need to watch your depth wink_o.gif  whistle.gifnotworthy.gif  notworthy.gif also there is KMT mine plow.

Yes, the OVPT deep-snorkeling gear is outstandingly useful.

Haven't tested the KMT mine-clearance gear.

KMT mine plow doesnt work good. WHy? Because BIS mines explode even if you dont drive them over. yay.gif

Excellent tanks but I have two bugs to report.

In The T-80's drivers seat,If you look to your left there is a missing polygon.

And on both tanks if you look at the tachometre and the speedometre on the left the meters dont work correctly.One starts mid way through the guage,and the other jumps everywhere.

<s>Don't forget there is a list of required addons to use the pack.</s> Looks great, d/l now...

...nevermind, my Russian is a bit rusty, no required addons...

An excellent tank,best one I seen *smacks franze* >.< keep up tha superb work,lookin forward to seein this in AA.

This tank looks spectacular, really a cool tank, nice high and detailed T-80 (one of the best I've seen thus far), but its got some serious shortcomings:

- Still has same old BIS T-80 interior  sad_o.gif

- If you lock onto it with any guided weapon, the reactive armor destroys the missile up to a few hits or so, but if you don't lock it and dumbfire the weapon, it becomes a very heavy damage weapon  huh.gif

- Can lock onto a laser designator tagging the tank and reactive armor wont function  confused_o.gif

- Can't stress this enough: very vulnerable to unguided weapons where ERA should be most effective against  huh.gif

- A custom vehicle class would really help out for finding it, too

It's a excellent tank but the lack of at least a retextured or freshened up interior, and the fact ERA only works if a enemy has locked you up really takes a lot out of it.

After a short round trip on dessert island I can say that this is a very good looking and detailed, by the way what is the thing on the back of the T80 turret I thort there should be a pipe like thing, It only has a few places where i think it needs some texture fixes: The "start" of the cannon has a very stretched texture and the inner of the gunner and the commander door needs detail. smile_o.gif

STGN

Nice looking tanks thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]KMT mine plow doesnt work good. WHy? Because BIS mines explode even if you dont drive them over.

You can fix that, but someone would need to make a new mine pack. But on the plus side the new mines would work with light vehicles to (and no they won't lag your mission out, like some user made mines).

Quote[/b] ] If you lock onto it with any guided weapon, the reactive armor destroys the missile up to a few hits or so, but if you don't lock it and dumbfire the weapon, it becomes a very heavy damage weapon

You should be able to fix that to, by checking the weapon of the unit that caused the damage, in the tanks hit event.

snorkel is realy great feature! about kmt,  think this one is not realistic... it should have "teeth"

but all in all, as i didin't knew about this project i didin't expected too much, but they are great!!!

em... who gona winn competition, rhs or simple addon makers... smile_o.gif

nah, i'm waiting for rhs... but long to wait...

info about kmt-4m

info and pictures about kmt-6

kmt-6 on T-80U

kmt-6 on T-72

mmmm....this tanks are from red hammer studios ? huh.gif

Those are the most sexy tanks i've ever seen in Ofp!! wow_o.gif

Beautiful models (T-80 looks so gorgeous), excellent machinegun sounds and amazing details like the thing at the back of the turret that opens after firing a round!

Great work to anyone involved in making these beauties!

Indeed, very nice tanks.

+ nice models

+ nice textures

+ snorkeling script

+ some cool animations (recoil, shellcasing door)

+ cool effects (Rocket smoke tail)

- wrong ammo designation (3OF26 = HE-Frag)

- high dispersion of the 125mm gun

- 3OF26 is non explosive (but should be)

- missing empty shellcasing thrown out of the shellcasing door

- tanks are using 3 ammo types normally (APFSDS, HEAT, HEF)

- T80 series carrys 39 rounds + 6 AT missiles

- 1250 rounds MG ammo for PKT and 300 NSV

- tanks seem to be overpowered

- T90 carrys 43 rounds

Quote[/b] ] cool effects (Rocket smoke tail)

i have feeling this is wrong as most modern rocket propellants are smokeless ie white not black like we have here main reason bing it doesnt give the tanks postion away as much

This tank looks spectacular, really a cool tank, nice high and detailed T-80 (one of the best I've seen thus far), but its got some serious shortcomings:

- Still has same old BIS T-80 interior  sad_o.gif

- If you lock onto it with any guided weapon, the reactive armor destroys the missile up to a few hits or so, but if you don't lock it and dumbfire the weapon, it becomes a very heavy damage weapon  huh.gif

- Can lock onto a laser designator tagging the tank and reactive armor wont function  confused_o.gif

- Can't stress this enough: very vulnerable to unguided weapons where ERA should be most effective against  huh.gif

- A custom vehicle class would really help out for finding it, too

It's a excellent tank but the lack of at least a retextured or freshened up interior, and the fact ERA only works if a enemy has locked you up really takes a lot out of it.

In defence of this great tank ....

The point about the interior doesnt really wash .... Ofp is NOT a vehicle sim , with the current engine it never will be .

With vehicle sims , a full working interior is expected .

The best way to use vehicles in Ofp is either the 3rd person view or optics..

For e.g , while in combat , do you sit in the commanders chair , viewing the interior through 1st person , or are you using commander 3rd person and optics ?

While in an APC rear heading into combat , do you sit gazing into the eyes of the AI across from you or do you view the action and the surrounding world via 3rd person ?

in short the lack of a custom interior imo is not a drawback .

As for the ERA i cant say , but even if it half works , its better than not at all .

King Homer ,

seems you read "my" pdfs accuratly... but they are not overpowered, well... just a bit, reflex seems to be correct in damage...

man... when you know how weak points of abrams you can do easely, you can destroy it from 1 round, when fired into abrams ammo storage place at the end of it's turret, at least i did this with old sigma's T-72 pack tanks with apfds rounds wink_o.gif

maybe not one round, have to check it again, remind my abrams killing tactics... wink_o.gif

in the 1991 desert storm, iraq, T-72 managed to knock(not destroy) out M1A1 abrams with heat round(abrams became not functional)... have a vid...