Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

T-90 and T-80U RELEASED!!!

from config:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hiddenselections[]= {"TR", "zak", "dz", "pl", "no1", "no2", "no3", "fire1", "fire2", "fire3", "fire4", "fire5", "fire6", "rak1", "rak2", "rak3", "rak4", "Flag"};

first selection is pipe. use

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setobjectTexture [0,""]

to hide it.

wtf crazy_o.gif  ok thats already there.. and i tried running a script with just that line in it... ok time to ask for help.. umm max check your pm.. if u dont mind

Just play them against Vitac's rebels with RHS's soldiers and Vitac's BTR-80 and BMP3 in FDF's malevic map. Very impressive russian combination troops with those tanks in game!!!

and please correct reflex name! and correct reflex acurasy, now i just can't hit any tanks with it, because it crashes in the ground just before it was launched...

After more plays of T-80 pack, found it's got many nice animations. The tank is powerful and couldn't be destroyed easily unlike those other russian tank packs of OFP. In addition, the tank seems has special effects. When it's hit and not seriously, the tank could even extinguish the fire by itself!

Quote[/b] ]something like that, at leas to protect it from incoming missiles...

It is alredy well protected from missiles, it is no difrence between hiting this tanks by LAW rocket or TOW missle.

Try to put some AI AT soldiers and this tank in misson.

From my tests i discovered that only about 10 men with CarlGustav (or similar in hitdammage weapons) can destroy this great but overpowered tanks sad_o.gif

is it a plane? is it a star? no, it's tree tank! biggrin_o.gif

oh yeah if only cammo worked in ofp correctly, it could be very great...

i checked config, T-90(i think this one is S mod) has 1050RHAe?

impossible, T-90M (modernized, i have lack info of it) has 840mm of RHA, when T-90S only 760mm...

comparing to abrams, M1A1 HA (1991) = 600-680mm; M1A1HC, M1A1HA, M1A1D(2002) = 800-900mm; M1A2 SEP(2002-2004) = 940-960mm

and T-90 max speed is 65km/h? noup, 70km/h with 1,000 hp V-92S2 diesel, T-80 75km/h here, well, T-80 UM has new GTD-1250G turbine engine with 1250hp, so it's weight is almost the same but new engine added 250hp and previous mods were able to reach 70km/h, so with this engine it can do more... maybe 75km/h...

it's maximum armor RHAe against kinetic rounds...

now, for realism, lets see King Homer SEP's addon armor...

what? irScanRange=6000? you are nuts? it's impossible, maximum 4km at good weather and atmosphere conditions, it's umbelievable, i didin't knew SEP has a small radar... unrealistic!

armor 1500? wtf? for SEPs in real max 960mm, as i thougt seps are way overpowered even more that T-80/90 pack...

what realism i should expect from Homer? none, no wonder why this pack's armor is increased unrealisticly by 300mm, but SEPs armor was increased 500mm, it was first, so Homer decided to calculate his own armor values, leading to that new addons, like this one, should be unrealistic too...

Homer, i didn't expected this from you, it's like hart attack, for god sakes, correct values and other addon makers also will do that...

i talked here only about Against Kinetic Energy

(in mm of RHAe)... armor Against Chemical Energy

(in mm of RHAe) is more greater than this one...

King Homer and ORCS please correct your armor values!

Martin_BM,

you know, even T-72B with ERA armor had 9 lives in chechnya when it was engaged by rpgs, took 9 hits and it has sucesfully retrieted to the base...

now think about T-90, it has new 5th, not 1st, generation era armor, which also adds more protection against KE rounds...

even if i had Bill-2 or Javelin, i wouldn't be able to kill T-90, not because of era armor, because of SHTORA, but SHTORA don't work against none ATGMs, so ERA armor takes direct hits... advice, as i know, T-80/90 can be penetrated only from RPG-29(it's none guided)

All armor values, stats and addon works are in ORCS Development Studios competition. Please choose proper man to call for changes. That's the first one. And than - there is official request of closing this topic.

Thx.

Like I said many times before, one thing that must be changed is the ERA script mad_o.gif

@Gedis I'dont have any problems with disabling Homer's M1A2 in a batlefield but when i want to disable t-80\T-90 (when i'am a GI) i need lot of rocket ammo even for most powerfull AT launchers mad_o.gif

I have a dream...

A dream of different mod-teams forget about all pissing contest and other stupid reasons to "hate each other".

A dream of, sometimes, the same addon from different teams with "co-ordinated" values. We can have more than one T-80, can we?

A dream of not having ppl crawling arround, telling that their uberaddon is the best.

---

Can we please, in first place, just have fun with proper made addons?

Those tanks here are great, RHS tanks will also be great, and Mr. Homers tank is also great.

But not perfect!

So please come together and create compatibility between all those fantastic addons!

---

My 2.01 Cents.

MfG Lee *no smilie chosen*

Those tanks here are great, RHS tanks will also be great, and Mr. Homers tank is also great.

But not perfect!

So please come together and create compatibility between all those fantastic addons!

---

My 2.01 Cents.

That's what I'm doing at the moment. I'll release an update for the M1A2 SEP when RHS T80 pack is ready. The update will contain correct armor values to fit perfectly with RHS tanks. The same I'm doing for the Semper Fi USMC Abrams.

Regards

King Homer

I have a dream...

A dream of different mod-teams forget about all pissing contest and other stupid reasons to "hate each other".

A dream of, sometimes, the same addon from different teams with "co-ordinated" values. We can have more than one T-80, can we?

A dream of not having ppl crawling arround, telling that their uberaddon is the best.

---

But not perfect!

---

My 2.01 Cents.

That's the same dream i made smile_o.gif

It would be so great if there was a standardisation of armored vehicles values.

An attempt of doing so can be found there, but it seems abandonned.

It would be so interesting if all those great addon makers that offer their really fine work to the community could find an agreement on a real standard.

That or using BIS standard for config values.

Or at least making , like DKM made, their own config values modification for the other default BIS tank , to match their new addons.

As in the actual state, the only way an user had to make everything balanced is to edit himself all the configs.

Because there will always be great APC/MBT addons that are - way underpowered or -way overpowered , too much difference to be used in mission making.

That's really unfortunate most of those superb tanks will just only used for "screenshot" because of that lack of armor standard values.

Nice that at least , King Homer and Semper Fi vehicles will be balanced with RHS tanks, that's a good step in the good direction.

i'm for all vehicles, armored, with none armor, weapons, aircraft, ALL should be standartized...

at least it should be started to standartize, if Armed Assault will not have normal values, than time wouldn't be wasted... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have a dream...

Amen brother.

I hate to sound harsh, but with out standardisation addons are 100% worthless and better off left unreleased. What is the point of a vehicle that can't be used with any other vehicles. It's like using a football in cricket, or a hockey puck in baseball. To paraphrase slightly Suma's famous remark about addons with out missions, addons that are not standardised are just toys.

I'm not into the CP thread, I would rather play the game than take screenshots of pretty yet content empty addons. For me any addons I download for mission creation needs to be based on the same rules and laws. If one man makes a tennis racket and the other makes a golf club for a game of golf, some ones product isn't going to sell well. Now if one man makes an 8 iron and the other a 7 iron, well now we've got a useful creation going on as they just made tools for the same game.

Now I'm not ragging on any one in particular. I respect every ones talen and work. Some where along the line though people need to work togother and make content for the same game.

UKF have been using the armour value system RHS uses. The logic and thinking behind it is well calculated and correct. We've yet to find a flaw with it smile_o.gif

love the tanks, but yes, perhaps a little overpowerd - but damn good fun and excellently made notworthy.gif

I have a dream...

---

But not perfect!

---

My 2.01 Cents.

I totally agree as well, I have never understood why these conflicts arise in this community. I just look at the situation between mods that are doing the same basic work and fail to understand why they haven't banned together to achieve the same goal.

I don't care so much for purposes of standardization, another config can be written up for things like that. A small mod project I'm working on uses others addons but I have written different configs in order to make it work for my mod.

Closed at the request of ORCS.