Ironsight

Everon Defence Force soldiers

Any chance of blood texes?

pm me if you need a tester before the release. smile_o.gif

Yep, those will be included smile_o.gif

I will give you a call when they are in beta stage wink_o.gif

I got one more suggestion.

add a camo version of the helmet in there too

maybe for a few of the guys...adds variety and also makes it looka bit less uniform and more like a militia.

Hey guys,

Man I would love to help with textures on this.....I'm no good on mapping them but am a good unit texturer...I have been worling on a similarpro ject but on a much smaller scale off and on for a year or so...If anyone needs references I textured a Pilot for Martin and did some vehicles and unit parts for BAS DeadMeats Police pack....One suggestion.....Since this is a European army I would consider using the cap instead of the Boonie hat for the Soft Cover...Perhaps based on the Red Hammer or CSLA Officer model...If you look around Europe mostof the Armies use a similar pattern to the WW2 German model (ie Russia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czech REp., Germany, Sweden, Norway etc). The Boonie Hat is too Tropical and less European theatre and for an officer it looks more proper for sure

http://www.usarmy.cz/produkty/ciapky/07_040pouz_main_b.jpg . Just a suggestion, but I think it would be a much smarter appearence for the EDF. I also have patches and a military Roundels (Actually more of a triangle) I could give you from my earlier pack....It is based on the FIA colors of Green and Yellow and incorparates the Orthodox Cross.

Dalai Lamar

Hey guys,

Man I would love to help with textures on this.....I'm no good on mapping them but am a good unit texturer...I have been worling on a similarpro ject but on a much smaller scale off and on for a year or so...If anyone needs references I textured a Pilot for Martin and did some vehicles and unit parts for BAS DeadMeats Police pack....One suggestion.....Since this is a European army I would consider using the cap instead of the Boonie hat for the Soft Cover...Perhaps based on the Red Hammer or CSLA Officer model...If you look around Europe mostof the Armies use a similar pattern to the WW2 German model (ie Russia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czech REp., Germany, Sweden, Norway etc). The Boonie Hat is too Tropical and less European theatre and for an officer it looks more proper for sure

http://www.usarmy.cz/produkty/ciapky/07_040pouz_main_b.jpg . Just a suggestion, but I think it would be a much smarter appearence for the EDF. I also have patches and a military Roundels (Actually more of a triangle) I could give you from my earlier pack....It is based on the FIA colors of Green and Yellow and incorparates the Orthodox Cross.

Dalai Lamar

You got PM smile_o.gif

About the boonie: expect it being updated in the next pack to something better wink_o.gif

Soldiers of the EDF naval corps waiting for a suspicous freigter to enter the harbour of Saint Pierre. UMP is from SJB's weapon pack is placeholder until we have something to replace it.

mp9vl.th.jpg

Click on the pic for bigger image

lookin good thumbs-up.gif , will the soliders have webbing or a chest rig of some type when finnished? smile_o.gif

Ever thought of colaborating with the NAFP for a united Nogava/Everon Defence force.

You both have bags of talent, so imagine what could be acheived... smile_o.gif

Nice looking units! smile_o.gif

How about adding a flag to the guys? The result of this poll was pretty clear.

PS: The lastest version can be found here.

lookin good thumbs-up.gif , will the soliders have webbing or a chest rig of some type when finnished? smile_o.gif

Bags will be added to the vest but don't expect a complete chest rig wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ever thought of colaborating with the NAFP for a united Nogava/Everon Defence force.

You both have bags of talent, so imagine what could be acheived... smile_o.gif

Wouldn't it be much more fun to have a different defence force for each island? icon_rolleyes.gif

Glad to see that the Llauma head model is being used, it only adds more to the soldier model. They look pretty good in those caps as well smile_o.gif

It would be nice to see that An-2 in Everon markings though wink_o.gif

my only gripe is that everon is a small island, thus, probably not heavily funded in the military department. how could they afford umps, & why would they use that money on a short range weapon, when there arent big towns for CQB, & a trusty ak74 could do the job?

my only gripe is that everon is a small island, thus, probably not heavily funded in the military department. how could they afford umps, & why would they use that money on a short range weapon, when there arent big towns for CQB, & a trusty ak74 could do the job?

Read again what I wrote about the UMP, it's just a placeholder wink_o.gif

The way I look on it is like this: you really cant look at the size of the OFP islands as 1:1 scale for things such as population, economy, military forces etc. If Everon was an indepedant country in the real world, being the size it is, it would be lucky to have a self sustaining economy, unless it was built entirely on a huge oil reservoir tounge2.gif

Given the buildings etc. it would only have a population of a few hundred, at most. An independant island nation like that would be lucky to have a rusty T-55 as it's mobile forces. biggrin_o.gif

I think you'd either have to consider it part of a larger island chain, or assume it is representative of a scale greater than 1:1...just my 2 cents anyway.

OK I wrote an ORBAT for the EDF. I would love to get some feedback on it.

Quote[/b] ]Centcom 50 men

HQ: 20 men

Medical staff: 10 men in HQ, 20 in the field

Maintenance staff: 10 men in HQ, 15 in the field

Logistical staff: 10 men in HQ, 10 in the field

Ground corps 136 men

Light Infantry squadron

1st platoon: 12 men mounted on trucks and jeeps

2nd platoon: 12 men mounted on trucks and jeeps

3rd platoon: 12 men with 4 UR416

Mechanized Infantry squadron

1st troop: 12 men mounted on 2 UR416

2nd troop: 12 men mounted on 2 UR416

3rd troop: 12 men mounted on 3 UR416

Armoured squadron

1st troop: 12 men with 4 AMX-13

2nd troop: 12 men with 4 AMX-13

3rd troop: 12 men with heavy weapons mounted on trucks, jeeps and APC’s

Artillery squadron

1st battery: 12 men with 4 howitzers

2nd battery: 12 men with 4 howitzers

3rd battery: 12 men with 4 SPAAAG

Special warfare squadron

1st team: 12 men

2nd team: 8 men

3rd team: 8 men

Air corps 20 men

1st group: 10 men with medium transport helicopters

2nd group: 10 men with fixed wing aircraft

Naval corps 40 men

1st Naval group: 20 men with logistics ship and light patrol boats

2nd Naval group: 20 men with light patrol boats

Military Police corps 20 men

1st team: 10 men

2nd team: 10 men

National reserve corps 96 men

1st squadron

1st platoon: 12 men

2nd platoon: 12 men

3rd platoon: 12 men with trucks and jeeps

2nd squadron

1st platoon: 12 men

2nd platoon: 12 men

3rd platoon: 12 men with trucks and jeeps

3rd squadron

1st troop: 12 men with 4 AMX-13

2nd troop: 12 men with 6 UR-416

Yes, but in the original campaign for Flashpoint1985, didn't the world's two superpowers fight over this amazingly small island group?  The Everonians (?) and the Maldenians (??) would know that their islands are important in some way and would try and prepare somewhat.  Plus Kolgujev appears to be nothing more than a big military base, so you've got to have some people to guard it.  I personally am looking forward to these new impressive units to add something more to my random populating of the islands for effect.

That's not to say I'm totally disagreeing with you olemissrebel, as you may have a point.

P.S.  Ironsight, the ORBAT looks perfectly feasible and well-worked out.  I like  biggrin_o.gif ...

P.P.S.  Maybe you could say that the Everon Defense Forces are partly responsible for the policing of Kolgujev every so often, helps explain the relative size of the Force compared to that of the island (apologies to Major Fubar).

P.S. Ironsight, the ORBAT looks perfectly feasible and well-worked out. I like biggrin_o.gif ...

Thanks smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]P.P.S. Maybe you could say that the Everon Defense Forces are partly responsible for the policing of Kolgujev every so often, helps explain the relative size of the Force compared to that of the island (apologies to Major Fubar).

Have been thinking about it but for now I'll keep it limited to Everon smile_o.gif

BTW: I still have no idea on what vessels to make for the EDF naval corps. It would help if you guys can do some suggestions together with a pic smile_o.gif

About the orbat, I would go into the editor and place the amount of soldiers in the places that are the command structures or the military bases. Put the amount of soldiers in the camp or base or whatever, and put the vehicles assigned to that unit with em. Then you can see how many forces and weapons and vehicles would be right...

Also where would all those different units be stationed. etc etc

I like the whole idea, this will be nice for lots of missions!

About the machinegun I would suggest using an Mg42 and/or an FN MAG, both customized to fit Everon conditions.

[EDIT]lmao, i just discovered i began my post just like you.

Guys I loved the old pack and can't wait for the new one. Will it be out any time soon?

About the machinegun I would suggest using an Mg42 and/or an FN MAG, both customized to fit Everon conditions.

[EDIT]lmao, i just discovered i began my post just like you.

might as well be a MG3 then as they are more or less the same smile_o.gif

Yeah, and MG-3 is much more common than MG-42 because its manufactured in many countries like Iran, former Yuogoslavia and Germany. wink_o.gif

Just a thought, but how about asking Markypea for the use of his new Stalwart addon?

Stalwart1.jpg

Stalwart3.jpg

AFAIK these were phased out of the British Army in the 1980s and there is a fair possibility that a lot of them were sold on to thrid world states for their Armed Forces. It could be possible that if Nogova/Everon existed in real life that they could have put them to some use.

What do you think?

Maby a Mg3, I thought of the Mg42 first because its very simple, compared to some others, to manufacture and it Is much older and probably a bit crappier than the Mg3.

Indeed, the MG-42 variant copied by Yugoslavia was based more off of the original MG-42 rather than the MG-3 from what I remember. Both are beautiful machineguns, well suitable for EDF smile_o.gif

I would personally go with an MG-3.