Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Everon Defence Force soldiers

for me a fighter plane hawker hunter (old, cheap, and reliable), a cas Plane, a good and cheap plane is the pucara

Ok I am getting a little confused here.

In this thread there is talk about these units using high end weapons, and lower end ones. Which will it most likely be? Or something in the middle?

From the first pack with the old Nam era nade launcher I kinda got the impression that the EDF had sorta a low military budget. That is why I sugested using older yet effective sten or sterlings.

On the other hand specialized EDF units, like EDF Marines, or Spec Ops with some of the nicer hardware and gear would be nice as well.

I dunno if you guys are willing to do both but I think it would be nice. I guess like the FDF mod, that had nice elite units as well as reserve units armed with older kit.

From the first pack with the old Nam era nade launcher I kinda got the impression that the EDF had sorta a low military budget. That is why I sugested using older yet effective sten or sterlings.

As a side note US SOF are stil using M79's. My firt thort was they did not want the soldiers to be using M16's or AK's.

STGN

I have only seen pictures of Marines in Iraq who use them to detonate IEDs. And they still carry their rifles.

I never liked the idea of being stuck with only a blooper in OFP.

Too bad there arent any HK's with Gls on them.

I'd look at sumthin like this over a sterling for SF or crew.

Here's why...

Quote[/b] ]The G3KA4 is the smaller cousin of the G3 battle rifle. It has a shorter barrel and retractable stock, making it more suitable for confined areas such as vehicles, as well as CQB and airborne service
Quote[/b] ]it has been proliferated throughout the world, and is particularly prominent in less developed countries

g3ka4.gif

ADDED

just spotted post about Mirage, dude your crazy !!

they would need to sell whole island to buy one.

Ok, had no idea how much one costs... wink_o.gif

What recon/CAS-plane will you guys use? Any ideas? Bronco perhaps?

what about the PC6 a civilian plane easily converted to "military" would be fitting for a low-budget military.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics/sectionpics/PC6.JPG

as for air transport i concur with the UH1H for the job (seb one's are a good base) or the ToW CH43 Choctaw are quite good as well.

as for fighter aircraft i would reccoment the F4 Phantom II. namly the F4 model from footmunch n tomiD with a slight model tweak to include an onboard cannon rather then a gunpod. as they are older they would be moderatly priced, and are highly versitile so u have a fighter & a bomber in one plane which would be perfect for a military that cant afford both a fighter and a bomber and on top of that i belive would provide to be a rather formidable foe for most soviet aircraft, even today.

in terms of "Coast gaurd" i would suggest klinks PT and/or PTF boats. they have a flag mount u could simply define your own flag texture and run it via init in a seperate config pbo and just require the pt boat addons.

if you want your very own boat... the USCG mod would be more then happy to allow you to retexture our CG cutter and crew them with your own men. the ability to walk on their decks would prove to be very useful for boarding of other vessels.. then again you could easily apply that same script to any other vessel, however ours is better suited for the task

The United States Army and Marines have phased out the M79. In fact, it was phased out of regular service sometime in the 70's, and even the nat'l guard doesnt use the blooper anymore. If a dedicated grenade launcher is necessary, one of those rotating-chamber deals is what is currently in inventory.

Okay, sorry for that brief correction. I guess an air force is out, but I maintain that the UH1 and leopard should be used in lieu of the m-60 series tank. Generally, the United States must approve the decomissioning of it's own vehicles, and that usually means some boneyard in Nevada. The militaries that use this tank around the world typically ordered them and had them shipped. It's doubtful that the EDF could afford one from the factory, or want an obsolescent one that has been decomissioned and stripped. It seems to me, however, that the EDF would want to spend money for a more modern MBT that is made in Europe rather than the "big bad" US (just imagine getting replacement parts!wink_o.gif Additonally, it would take less resources to have a smaller fleet of tanks Vs a large amount.

The Huey is a logical choice, as it is cheap, extremely reliable, rugged, heavily modifiable, and perfect for ferrying troops from island to island. I think a slightly modernized version of the sten is perfect for MP's or Home Guard troops whilst a modern infantry rifle would be the order of the day for the regular service troops. As far as an mg goes, the rheinmetall (sp?) machine gun ( the derivative of the mg-42 would work perfectly) and either the glock or the colt .45 pistol would be great.

-Breaker Out

Holy cow. I cant believe my eyes. The marines still use the damn thing. I have been wrong for the first time in my life.

-Breaker Out

ADDED

just spotted post about Mirage, dude your crazy !!

they would need to sell whole island to buy one.

Ok, had no idea how much one costs... wink_o.gif

What recon/CAS-plane will you guys use? Any ideas? Bronco perhaps?

what about the PC6 a civilian plane easily converted to "military" would be fitting for a low-budget military.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics/sectionpics/PC6.JPG

as for air transport i concur with the UH1H for the job (seb one's are a good base) or the ToW CH43 Choctaw are quite good as well.

check topic from begining, we already picked one UH ;-)

as for fighter aircraft i would reccoment the F4 Phantom II. namly the F4 model from footmunch n tomiD with a slight model tweak to include an onboard cannon rather then a gunpod. as they are older they would be moderatly priced, and are highly versitile so u have a fighter & a bomber in one plane which would be perfect for a military that cant afford both a fighter and a bomber and on top of that i belive would provide to be a rather formidable foe for most soviet aircraft, even today.
What about a Mirage III for the Everon airforce?

Flashpoint in the Falklands made a nice one, perhaps they allow you to modifie it? You can find it here.

No fighter aircraft for the EDF, way too expensive. Recon/CAS plane is the max smile_o.gif

in terms of "Coast gaurd" i would suggest klinks PT and/or PTF boats. they have a flag mount u could simply define your own flag texture and run it via init in a seperate config pbo and just require the pt boat addons.

if you want your very own boat... the USCG mod would be more then happy to allow you to retexture our CG cutter and crew them with your own men. the ability to walk on their decks would prove to be very useful for boarding of other vessels.. then again you could easily apply that same script to any other vessel, however ours is better suited for the task

USCG boat is cool, would love to use it in EDF :-)

for a light recon/CAS aircraft..FDF's Hawk would be a good choice..its low cost and can cover all sorts of roles including an air defence role along with CAS, Interdiction and recon...another good and "realistic" choice could be the A-4 skyhawk..another cheap and multirole aircraft..I believe Col. Klink had a pretty nice version that was updated for the falkland mod guys...

USCG boat is cool, would love to use it in EDF :-)

shes all yours.. for one hundred.. billion.. trillion.. gazillion.. fafillion.. shibbity shibbity shilion...yen  whistle.gif

althou i do think you should have at least a handful of multirole jets in your arsenal. now that he mentions it.. the A4 would work as a cas/recon plane  smile_o.gif

The Everon Defence Force has a few old Soviet-built MiG-17s and MiG-21s. These were abandoned by the Soviet forces and now serve as the backbone of the Everon Airforce.

The Everon Defence Force has a few old Soviet-built MiG-17s and MiG-21s. These were abandoned by the Soviet forces and now serve as the backbone of the Everon Airforce.

who told you that ? tounge2.gif

It would make sense actually. There would have been equipment left over.

As long as you have the people to fix them and fly them.

what mig 17's and mig 21's were left over..there weren't even any in the original campaign...ak-47s, t-55s, t-72s I could see but not aircraft that weren't even part of the first campaign...they'd have to either buy, be loaned or have donated aircraft..except for su25s, mi24s and mi17s

you forgot T80s and AK74s etc etc...

Also, the campaign wouldnt have had every single weapon/vehicle that would have been used.

Besides, it's fictional remember icon_rolleyes.gif

You could use this aircraft for the airforce, I don't think it exists in OFP altho i've heard there's one in making for the past 2 years crazy_o.gif

It's a nice plane, our airforce uses it cause its cheap and easy to maintain

http://photos.airliners.net/photos/4/2/6/874624.jpg

http://photos.airliners.net/photos/3/0/2/876203.jpg

Lets be honest a small island like Everon, wouldnt be able to keep anything more than that - giving them jet fighters would be totally unrealistic because there is no way they would have the money to operate them.

Lets be honest a small island like Everon, wouldnt be able to keep anything more than that - giving them jet fighters would be totally unrealistic because there is no way they would have the money to operate them.

Yeah thats right, Maybe the group of islands.. Malden, Everon, Nogova and Kolgujev together would have enoug money for about 4 fighters.

but as i understood it, nogova was a seperate state from the others...

doesnt matter biggrin_o.gif

I'm curious to see where the EDF guys go on this, but i expect great things from them after such a lovely troop pack smile_o.gif

about the jets, well buying them isnt a problem but just like a car you need to use them and then it costs even more money. Big bad jets like the phantom are WAAAAAYY to expensive for EDF to run. A mirage III bought from Switserland would be a good idea, but again probally to expensive...

Too bad nobody has made any L39 light jets, (the hawk but different) and speaking about the Hawk that would also be to expensive, because of the country's you would have to buy them from.

Im not sure atm what I would like to see, because there are some really good comments about jets yes or no.

Ok another point using the PT boats, I like that idea ALLOT! Older looking boats to patrol the sea, if they cannot use flying stuff well atleast shipping would be great.

I personally dont agree with purchasing a Huey as main helo, because its shit basicly. Not much space inside, not much lifting power, no propper lifting connections, easy to shoot down, no protection for water (crash) landings. Im only commenting guys!

Next up tanks, I dont think you would have any need for tanks since with three jets you could probally attack and destroy the whole army then! The islands would be doomed if forces could invade and hold the beach head. There will never be large tank battles like in the campaign. Simply few bombs and were done next island! So instead of tanks I would look more into mobile arty, like those small little trailers with 105mm howitsers or other arty, and something like a MLRS like the one on the old russian truck...

And offcourse the construction of new bunkers and other defensive fortifications arround the island, maybee including coastal guns! not the big hitler sea wall things but but smaller.

Armored vehicles would be cool but some old ones then. btr kinda stuff

And I do think you guys should make like 1 team of dudes and their support vehicles that are totally up to date with modern weapons and nightviz and such. I mean you gotta atleast have 1 team of dudes that are teh elite! Like Everon Defense Force Commando brigade! EDF-CB

And have you guys thought of government vehicles like a VIP aircraft? Or a limo?

edit

about the AAA how about some stuff from WWII mods, like the portable 20mm canon on a little trailer, or something like the quadro 50cal aa gun?  could offcourse also use the ZSU-23 like everybody else!  biggrin_o.gif

edit2

Whoah and you guys gotta consider MG's like the old vickers MG! from FDF smile_o.gif