Sign in to follow this  
Rhodite

UKF Warrior (MCV80) v1.0 Released

Guest RKSL-Rock

Another thing i just noticed...i couldnt find the Cargo entry point...by this i mean the 'pos' point that lets you get in the cargo slots...or am i missing somthing?

hmmm... i'll check the config as it may for some reason think its amphibious, when it doesnt have the ability to float.... i'd expect the AI on that occasions to use the bridge... its only the BMP and M113 that avoid the bridges

I disagree, I've notice the AI screw up on bridges constantly, unless placed directly on the bridge on some occasions. Otherwise, they'll drive into the water.

Once in a blue moon you can get a convoy to cross a bridge, but half the time they end up bouncing around every time they touch one of the street lamps running along its sidewalk. Then they do the OFP-Tank-Jiggy and eventually either throw themselves in the water or break the bridge.

I don't think its the warrior, but OFP.

My warriors are behaving just like i want them too, Exceptionally well. I'm still struck dumb every time i go up close to one  notworthy.gif

war31oi.jpg

Any noticed that the Warriors dont seem to do what they are told?

I got in on as a commander gave the driver instructiosn to move to a point on the map 1500m away. He didnt move?

Used the Forward command and expected im to use the roads...totally ignored them...2 minutes later it drove straight into a the sea...I know Warrior Drivers have been recognised recently for their bravery but i think this might be oin the verge of recklessness! biggrin_o.gif

That's what you get when you give dumb grunts armour.

whistle.gif

lol...

Mr Reality... thank you for your kind works, here and in the photography thread... nice to see the first Warrior signature biggrin_o.gif

The possibility that the majority of beta testers using ECP may have a huge effect on AI to act significantly better, well that was my assumption?

lol, I hope u guys didn't : class UKF_Warrior : M113 wink_o.gif

Not that I had any issues driving over the nogova bridge, worked fine (well fine: "the ofp AI way") for me.

Well I looked into the ukf_weapon.pbo because I was having the sound issue too...

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS /w Windows 2000

It sounded like all my sounds were playing in slo-motion or had been lowered in pitch too much. I looked at the sounds and they are in wss, which I've had issues with before. All I needed to do was just raise the pitch of the sounds that were at 0 (not many were... Only the milan, 30mm, and 7.62mm. These were the only ones were giving me problems though). Once I put them all at 1, the sounds were perfectly fine... exactly the same as the base sounds were.

Fixed. So anyone else who is having "slo-mo" sounding sounds, this is what I recommend they do to fix the problem. And sorry if I offended PUKF with having to edit their config... I won't release it or anything confused_o.gif

Great release, though!

Cat

well, it might work for me if you change the .wss sounds to something else... (dont know if the engine sounds also are wss, becouse they are fine)

my sounds are as i said heavily muffled...

Well I noticed the sounds for the guns are from a different addon, but the sounds for the warrior alone (the engine and doors) are in its own pbo. Also, I tried changing the wss files for the guns to ogg and wav, and all that happened is that they got really really quiet but were the correct pitch huh.gif Not quite sure how to fix it for other people's cases because I don't have any more problems...

the sounds and the weapons configs are all in a seperate addon to ease intergration of weapons between vehicles without the need for dependancies smile_o.gif

Well of course, I realized that. It's not abnormal, but something is obviously not right, because I know that you guys would not want your sfx to sound like they did, so I edited them and it came out fine. I am not sure what it is... but since it's not consistent across all users of the addon, it isn't an issue with the addon itself. I think that older OS's (before win XP) drivers mixed with wss files, mixed with a bunch of other factors is causing the issue.

My two cents

Cat

Don't get us wrong we are happy that this is brought to our attention.

I'll be factoring this fix into the next release - after some testing naturally.

The strange thing is that you're the first person (forgive me if I missed a post) that has mentioned a pitch issue, everyone else seems to be having volume issues... I'll pass an ammended UKF_weapons.pbo to one of our forum regulars who has the volume issue and see it if fixes things for him.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Great warrior guys,nice to see a mod who does its homework before making these things notworthy.gif btw great weopan sights :Dall we need now is your desert inf. yay.gif

Is there any chance that anyone could set up a Torrent of the UKF Warrior for me pls?

I have tried to d/l it from different links but it either freezes or 'Unexpectedly ends'....prolly due to my dodgy connection i guess, although i have been able to d/l other stuff ok.

Any help would be most welcome.

B

Cheers Tankie, you just need to host it somewhere then post up the link for it.

thumbs-up.gif

Is there any chance that anyone could set up a Torrent of the UKF Warrior for me pls?

I have tried to d/l it from different links but it either freezes or 'Unexpectedly ends'....prolly due to my dodgy connection i guess, although i have been able to d/l other stuff ok.

Any help would be most welcome.

B

Hi mate,

Here's a tip from an old pro for downloading troublesome files, forget download managers, they're cack.

Get this: WGET

It's a tool thats been about for a while in linux land and is basically a command line way to download any file from web or ftp servers. I won't go into how flexible it is, just google it.

Anyhow, put that file in your windows/system32 folder (winnt/system32 on some machines), or wherever you normally put your command line tools - bascially anywhere where it will be in your 'path'.

Now, open up a command prompt (start->run->cmd->ok) and in the command window that appears type this:

wget http://address.of/your.file

Obviously you'll need to use the link to an actual file from one of the mirrors (gotf wont allow this unfortunately).

The file will now download into the current folder that the command prompt started in.

To open up an explorer window in this path type this followed by return:

start .

(start runs explorer, '.' tells it to open in the current path).

Enjoy.

Excellent, that's done the trick!!

TBH, more addon makers should offer up Torrent versions of 'big release' addons. It would save them a lot of bandwidth as people would be sharing as they download....but that's another thread, i have a date with a big metal beauty wink_o.gif

Thanx guys.

thumbs-up.gif