Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.085 Released!

Did some testing for a while now. I encountered some probs with random weather .I tried to disable the rw in the ECP settings. But it doesn't seem to work. It always start to rain after a couple of min. I wonder if anybody else experienced such kind of thing.

I am also having this problem. Was there a solution?

does this update fix the above problem too? it's my only beef with an otherwise flawless mod biggrin_o.gifnotworthy.gif

I believe the solution is in the readme and at the beginning of this thread. You need to go into the config and turn it off to have it off all the time. The config is in your @ECP folder.

For immediate release

This updates the previous ECP version 1.085

This is an official ECP update. We will call it ECP 1.085e. It solves two CTD issues that the ECP 1.085 suffered from.

Simply delete or back up your existing ECP_Effects.pbo (That resides in your @ECP\Addons folder) and replace it with this one. If you choose not to delete your old ECP_Effects.pbo then make sure the back up copy is placed somewhere OTHER than in your @ECP folder.

This update replaces ONLY the ECP_Effects.pbo and no other files, do not touch any other ECP files that you have installed.

The file is compressed in RAR format.

Download:

http://ofp.ogn.com.au/addons/@ECP/ECP_Effects_1.085e.rar

The particular ECP CTD issues that have been solved occured during ordnance explosion FX. The CTDs occured when the Getpos command was used on an object that had no model (and yet the object existed)

Oh nice an update , i haven't spotted this earlier.

Good job

yes thanks for the update.. maybe you guys should have made a new thread for the update because it appears hardly anyone has noticed

Quote[/b] ]- Your custom islands are being detected, by verifying the ECP Settings ingame dialog. If you altered Malden, but the topography and object IDs are the same, the island name should be Malden instead of Unknown.

- The fountains, churches and lighthouses have the same object ID as in the original island.

If the first fails, you must register a new island matrix. Check the readme to learn how to do it.

If the second fails, then you should look forward at keeping the same object IDs OR proving a list of fountain, church and lighthouse IDs to complete the current Island Settings.

Well,how to get object ID's?Wrptool doesn't have tool for that and i wasn't able to load islands with visitor!

well,i provided new object id's for everon but still don't work. sad_o.gif

this is probably a stupid question, but what is the name of the soung that is played in the first intro and who is it by? I've looked around and I cant find any info on it smile_o.gif Sorry if its been answered already

Extract music.pbo with Pbox and you'll find out.

Well,effects working now!But i have also random weather prob.I have disabled it in ECP_settings.sqf and made it read only,but it's not disabled!

Hi guys,

Well,could you explain some details of this mod...Well,I've got some troubles with launching it.It throws me on desktop even if I divided addons in 11 modfolders<900 mb.Also If I reduce the number of addons it throw me away when using some unofficial islands like AfghanEveron.Could you help me to solve or just explain these problems?It's a shame this brilliant mod don't work with other brilliant addons.

Hi NSX,

does ECP run ok when you run it on its own with no addons?

Are you using the command '-nomap' in your shortcut? I recommend that you do. Please show us what your shortcut commands look like.

Are you using any other Mods that have modified configs concurrently when using ECP? I recommend that you don't.

The best thing to do would be to get ECP running correctly then start adding your extra addons to the addons folder one by one until you see which one causes the issue. Most people use ECP with a great number of third party addons without any problems at all. Also post your computer specs.

Well,nice to hear your support Zayfrod.Here we go answering your questions:

1.My computer...Well,a bit outdated machine,but still nice :AMD64 3000+ (overclocked to 2250 Mhz in comparison with standart 1800),2 GB Kingston DDR 400 Gual Channel,6600 GT overclocked up to 7500 frequences (yeah,Zalman rules smile_o.gif ).My OS is WinXPProSP2 with critical and important updates.

2.My shortcut properties init line is ""C:\Games\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -mod=@ECP;mod1;mod2;mod3;mod4;mod5;mod6;mod7;mod8;mod9;mod10;mod11"

3.No,I don't use any mods using their own config. (FFUR skypack dosen't have such a thingy).

4.Yes,It works fine with less number of addons...Although it still throwing me out with using some islands.

5.The error appears about little memry...Well mine virtual memory is 5-10 Gbs...Too little,eh?

The one thing that comes to mind is to ask the question - do you really need so many addons loaded at once? This doesn't solve your problem ofcourse, but one of the main purposes for mod folders is to limit the amount of addons loaded at any one time so that you have only loaded that which you require to play a particular map/campaign. For example, when I play at OGN server we have a general mod folder for ctf/coop nights and another for cti nights so we only load exactly what we need to play the maps at that time.  smile_o.gif

At this stage I would recommend simply trying to find, through process of elimination, those addons that are causing the issue. If it is not due to any one particular addon then you should try and figure out what the size limit is for addons when using ECP on your PC. I don't think we encountered anything like this in beta testing and I know I certainly haven't The fact is it could be any number of things, including your vid card drivers and/or your OS setup.

You are using -nomap and that is normally the answer to many of these issues, so leave the question open here on the forums and hopefully someone has had a similar issue that they have solved. But like I said, try to see if it's a particular addon/island and we can take it from there.

Thanks Zayfod,'ll try to make addon folders a bit less. wink_o.gif

this has probaly been asked before but how do i check if a player is running ECP in this mod and also how do i create the invisible targets ECP has in the middle of a mission?

Cheers

having some very bizarre problems with making an addon ecp compatible. Whats more bizarre is that some people can replicate the problem, whilst others can - it could be a problem with MCAR, perhaps not. Basically our lannies all use the ecp compatible eventhandlers, but for some reason one of them crashes every time you 'get out' of the vehicle when these eventhandlers are applied. With regular eventhandlers, there are no issues whatsoever. It also happens to be the MCar vehicle causing it (which uses gamelogics as two of its cargo positions)

the offending eventhandlers:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class EventHandlers: ECP_EventHandlers

{

init = "_v=_this select 0;if(format[{%1},ECP_path]=={scalar bool array string

0xfcffffef})then{_0={ECP_INIT}createVehicle[0,0,0]};if(format[{%1},count ECP_addUnitsArray]=={scalar})then{ECP_addUnitsArray=[]};if!(_v in

ECP_addUnitsArray)then{ECP_addUnitsArray=ECP_addUnitsArray+[_v];};UKF_CreateProxyAT=loadFile""\UKF_WMIK\scripts\UKF_createProxyAT.sqf"";_this

call UKF_CreateProxyAT;_v exec""\UKF_WMIK\scripts\UKF_init.sqs"";_this exec""\UKFLRGPMG\numbers.sqs"";_this

exec{\UKFLRGPMG\gasgauge.sqs};_this exec{\UKF_WMIK\init.sqs};_v addEventHandler[{engine},{(_this select 0)exec{\UKFLR_90GS\Driver.sqs}}]";

engine = "_this exec {\UKF_WMIK\reverse.sqs}";

fired = "_this call ECP_EH_handler_fired; if((_this select

4)==""ukf_mcar_dummymilan"")then{deleteVehicle(nearestObject[_this select 0,_this select 4]); _this

exec""\UKF_WMIK\scripts\UKF_getAmmo.sqs""}else{[_this select 0,_this select 4,4000]call UKF_realbullet;}; _this

exec""\ukf_wmik\scripts\ukf_eject.sqs""";

};

};

and the working version:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class EventHandlers

{

Engine = "[(_this select 0)] exec {\UKF_WMIK\reverse.sqs}";

init = "UKF_CreateProxyAT = loadFile ""\UKF_WMIK\scripts\UKF_createProxyAT.sqf""; [_this select 0] call UKF_CreateProxyAT;_this select 0 exec ""\UKF_WMIK\scripts\UKF_init.sqs""; [(_this Select 0)] exec {\UKFLRGPMG\numbers.sqs}; [(_this select 0)] exec {\UKFLRGPMG\gasgauge.sqs}; [(_this select 0)] exec {\UKF_WMIK\init.sqs};(_this select 0) addeventhandler [{engine},{(_this select 0) exec {\UKFLR_90GS\Driver.sqs}}]";

fired = "if ((_this select 4) == ""ukf_mcar_dummymilan"") then {deleteVehicle (nearestObject [_this select 0, _this select 4]);[_this select 0] exec ""\UKF_WMIK\scripts\UKF_getAmmo.sqs""}else{[_this select 0, _this select 4,4000] call UKF_realbullet;}; [_this select 0] exec ""\ukf_wmik\scripts\ukf_eject.sqs"";";

};

};

Its very very weird. I mean, i wouldnt care if it wasnt for the fact that one of our scripts require the ecp count units array to work properly.

In testing, the top code caused CTD with ECP turned on. With ECP turned off, there was no problem whatsoever. I should mention that im using the very latest ecp, with fix.

To be honest, the code posted above is very vage. Without knowing the content of the specific initialisation scripts for your addons, it's really hard to reproduce the bug.

Telling me that a CTD occurs whenever a unit leaves the vehicle in question, it might be related with the way ECP handles the units that get out of a vehicle -- however, looking at our code, I can't figure anything harmful. Unless we're provided more information, it's nearly impossible to reproduce and fix this bug at our end.

Edit:

By the way, make sure your gamelogic IS NOT being handled by "\ECP_Effects\init.sqs"; that is, such gamelogic shall not have the ECP initialisation eventhandler.

what info do you need on top of that? i didnt want to post my whole config here which would take up a shit load of space and would be mostly irelevant? biggrin_o.gif

thing is i dont use the getout eventhandler - is is possible to disable the ecp get out eventhandler in some way? (assuming thats the problem)

Hi Messiah,

My guess is that it's nothing to do with ECP's getout EH (which handles the ECP HALO), intead it's, as Komuna says, that the games logics are being handled by  "\ECP_Effects\init.sqs". This was something we discovered a while back when mission designers attempted to manually add ECP eventhandlers using our 'trigger' method to units that were not ECP compliant. When 'thing' objects and/or logics were included in the trigger and were handled by  "\ECP_Effects\init.sqs" the result was a ctd. We have found the problem and Komuna has a fix for it which he will probably tounge2.gif  include in the next full ECP update - that being 1.086 or higher. Though I don't presume to speak for Komuna so it would be best to PM him about that wink_o.gif

It may be something else entirely, but thats where I would place my money.

EDIT:

Don't forget that you should have included this code in your init EH

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_this call ECP_EH_handler_init;

That code is required to add ECP EHs to units that are spawned during the game after it's already started. It also means they are included correctly in ECP arrays etc.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class EventHandlers: ECP_EventHandlers

{

init   = "_v=_this select 0;if(format[{%1},ECP_path]=={scalar bool array string

0xfcffffef})then{_0={ECP_INIT}createVehicle[0,0,0]};if(format[{%1},count ECP_addUnitsArray]=={scalar})then{ECP_addUnitsArray=[]};if!(_v in

ECP_addUnitsArray)then{ECP_addUnitsArray=ECP_addUnitsArray+[_v];};_this call ECP_EH_handler_init;UKF_CreateProxyAT=loadFile""\UKF_WMIK\scripts\UKF_createProxyAT.sqf"";_this

call UKF_CreateProxyAT;_v exec""\UKF_WMIK\scripts\UKF_init.sqs"";_this exec""\UKFLRGPMG\numbers.sqs"";_this

exec{\UKFLRGPMG\gasgauge.sqs};_this exec{\UKF_WMIK\init.sqs};_v addEventHandler[{engine},{(_this select 0)exec{\UKFLR_90GS\Driver.sqs}}]";

engine = "_this exec {\UKF_WMIK\reverse.sqs}";

fired  = "_this call ECP_EH_handler_fired; if((_this select

4)==""ukf_mcar_dummymilan"")then{deleteVehicle(nearestObject[_this select 0,_this select 4]); _this

exec""\UKF_WMIK\scripts\UKF_getAmmo.sqs""}else{[_this select 0,_this select 4,4000]call UKF_realbullet;}; _this

exec""\ukf_wmik\scripts\ukf_eject.sqs""";

};

};

smile_o.gif

i got this poping up on my screen while shooting a sabo round from my M1A1 with ure new patch....

bug.jpg

wth does that mean?

Hi EvEnLeaSe44,

that code is not ECP code so I have no quick answer for you. I can say that the 1.085e patch was tiny and should not be the cause for any major issues. All the 1.085e patch does is check an objects ID before the getpos command is allowed to be used on it within a certain part of code.

If it's a third party addon (tank) I would recommend putting this to the author also. Does the error occur every time it fires?

Yes.... it does, i was using the New SEP m1a2, but acording to the readme that came with the sep it says it is compatable to ecp 1.085

zayfod - thanks so much - will test now, this was the final thing that was screwing up for us on the addon whistle.gif .

Oh on a related note, the patch for ecp solved so many problems our MP squad were having with grenade launchers, feels so good to have the UGL back in action smile_o.gif