Sign in to follow this  
the_shadow

Retextured BIS buildings?

so, now we have replacements for almost everything BIS made, retextured islands, retextured weapons and so on, BUT we miss one small detail for the "new" retextured islands (talking about the WGL Malden and everon islands), the buildings..

now, since changing the buildings for lets say the ones in Finnish houses pack would most likely ruin every mission both from BIS and from 3rd party... so, why not just retexture them? that would keep the size and placement identical to the original houses at the same time as it would make them look much better.

though i think that maybe the best would be to keep the same style (east european style) on the buildings as BIS originally had, but with better textures.

so, is anyone willing to take on the challange of retexturing all BIS buildings?

i know there´s a lot of buildings so it will take some time.

now you ask me why i dont do it myself?

well, i´d love too, but i really suck on everything that has to do with artistic skills, and then i dont just talk about photoshopping, i can hardly draw a simple stickman. icon_rolleyes.gif

Incidentally, I converted all the original islands to use my own objects a while back and I don't think it actually interfered with the original campaign. Of course, I replaced everything with something roughly the same size.

well ares, wouldnt that screw up all missions that have units placed inside buildings or on the roofs?

i can think of many missions that wouldnt work with your housepack, even though it´s a great pack..

Of course, although those placed on top of buildings (in the editor) would end up on whatever roadway lod the new building has.

Don't worry about using the pack as an example. smile_o.gif It was never meant to replace anything.

yeah, they would just slide down from the roof :P

and no, im not worying about using your pack as an example wink_o.gif

B.T. was working on several replacements for BIS stuff,

he´d started making unit & weapon replacements aswell but i think the project is on ice.

You can find more info in our (german) forum, here.

Samples:

standard - reworked

standard - reworked

Mr Burns, now THATS what im talking about... it´s still the same buildings with just about the same apperance, but it´s new and better looking then the default BIS buildings...

just wonderful smile_o.gif

Maybe it's just me but I prefer the BIS models to those shown above.. they're more detailed and lived in.

However, I really like the idea of this!

I have little problems with the Resistance buildings, but I agree it would be nice to see the older buildings replaced atleast. Hopefully B.T. continues on with time, those two examples look like the perfect replacements.

/sign

I wanted to create such a thread myself, but you were faster smile_o.gif.

It's the same thing to me - good coder, bad artist... It's always the same!

/sign

I wanted to create such a thread myself, but you were faster smile_o.gif.

It's the same thing to me - good coder, bad artist... It's always the same!

I once did retexture some houses from resistance, if i find them maybe they could help in some way.

that would be great djbluestar thumbs-up.gif

B.T. was working on several replacements for BIS stuff,

he´d started making unit & weapon replacements aswell but i think the project is on ice.

You can find more info in our (german) forum, here.

Samples:

standard - reworked

standard - reworked

Yeah but is B T still working on it ?

yeah it would be great

make a construction site mod ,where you can build new houses and wreck the old ones.

(imagines a buldozer with me steering it and destroying old houses with it) wow_o.gif

could anyone that has some sort of contact with B T say that we really need this retextured buildings? biggrin_o.gif

the new WGL Kolgujev really need the new roads and buildings that where on those screens...

yeah it would be great

make a construction site mod ,where you can build new houses and wreck the old ones.

(imagines a buldozer with me steering it and destroying old houses with it) wow_o.gif

There comes this one into my mind wink_o.gif

constrsite01.jpg

constcheck01.jpg

conscheck02.jpg

camelsign.jpg

More pics in this: thread

About the retextured buildings; i'd rather see different buildings than the already existing ones, as buildings are more

for eye candy than use in ofp, related to ai behaviour inside

buildings (or around them).

Though my buildings will not be much of a help in your case,

as they are middle eastern related and not for replacement of

BIS' european buildings.

Anyways, new buildings with maybe same heights of floors

and positions inside would be better imho than just retextured

ones with better texture quality. It's just simply the same buildings and players wouldn't be excited for too long time exploring them, 'cause they know them already.

~S~ CD

could anyone that has some sort of contact with B T say that we really need this retextured buildings? biggrin_o.gif

Someone already contacted him in order to get the new buildings for the WGL Islands, and it wasn´t me.

Ive had a mod for this going for several months now but no one has ever seemed interested.

Sounds, and looks good those retextured buildings, wanted to do something like that myself. Anyway, if someone want's to start a mod for that, I'm happy to do some textures between my Bonaire project obligations.

After all those new packs, and berghoffs nature pack those old buildings defenitely need an upgrade. notworthy.gif

ehm where Jakerod whistle.gif

plz tell me, i need such stuff

wink_o.gif

can anyone force B T to come here and post news here in this thread? biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

What would be great was if somebody just upgreaded and improved the textures and models used on the island staying true to how the islands, trees and buildings looks not like the WGL islands which dosen't look close to how the islands "realy" look and in my mind WGL's are completly unuseable(as an "upgrade") as they are totaly differnt islands.

If I had the time and motivation I would do it my self but I haven't at the moment so I can only hope sombody will make what I want.

STGN