Sign in to follow this  
ryankaplan

New VBS1 videos

I pray toward new features from VBS1 in ArmA tounge2.gif , but I think, that new features from VBS1 will be in Game2 confused_o.gif

I dont know if this will be all that great, moving in flying planes and especialy helicopters may result in a very unrealistic way, like when people pull mad stunts and tight manuevers you wont be dancing in the cargo area, what would be good for larger air units like the C-130, CH47, Mi-26, etc would be for the soldiers to actually get inside the vehicals and then use the action menu to "atach" to the seats, i dont think the ability to move around a flying helicopter will add much to the game except for the fact that the units wont take damage when such vehical is under fire confused_o.gif . Same for trucks and apc's, you wont hit much standing on a moving vehical, especialy if the driver is drunk wink_o.gif .

im sure it will be fun thoe flying over the battlefield and lobbing grenades out the back for fun.

or like a person said standing at the back with a stinger and shooting down chasing aroplanes

I...would...luv....to........c *Pauses the EXTREMELY LARGE urge to bust outa rant against VBS-1* In a squeazy voice* these in future projects. *Urge grows trumendously* banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

I need my medication before I burst and get banned.

the thing is that while it is fun (maybe too much of it),

it also not as practical as you thought, i mean you may get in and out the chopper faster and realistic and at some point you may running around like nuts in chopper and shooting crap out of the chopper, i see no point other then wasting ammo(you cant aim well in fast moving chopper so why dont just let the door gunners to do the job) or committe suicide(well, Heatseeker i think BIS guys have worked hard on it to make sure you are stick to the flight, but it will just as easy to fall out of the craft if you have 8+ ppl running in it, and dont forgot the RPG theory), so yes other then faster insertions and a extra few hands helping the gunners there is not really much more to give

but the the point is that it also show us that some other things we want to have in new engine will make its way into the game, like multiple gunners

These movies are about a core update, why should there be lag in MP?

There is no scripting involved.

It seems the freedom you get is similar to the freedom in Joint Operation Typhoon Rising, which is a good thing imo.

I think giving players the ability to shoot any kind of missile or rocket from any moving vehical without serious risk of killing himself, other friendlies and problably the vehical itself would be ridiculous (especialy aircraft), i seriously hope Aras wont turn into that, its bad enough with the helicopter parachutes, i expect evolution, not BF2 sad_o.gif

You guys arent seein the use of this? being able to land helicopters closer to the enemies and such,think about it,now landing a blackhawk near a squad of infantry pretty much gets everyone picked off whereas if we could use weapons inside we wouldnt have to worry about that,or helicopters having to worry about bein attacked from the rear if there was somebody in the back,oh imagine this,a C1 is transporting an M1 tank and a enemy plane comes behind it and the C1 drops the tank ontop of the enemy jet....funny and yet wierd.

I dunno I would support this idea as it does have uses,the people would just need to be smart enough to NOT shoot inside the vehicle,if their that dumb they shouldnt be in it in the first place.

Sounds kinda GTA'ish to me. ya know? Would I in real life effin load up my M16 and try to pick off people in a moving helocopter? Man sounds like a waste of ammo if you miss all the effin time because the helo is goin so fast. Although shooting outa trucks and cars seem useful.

I cant see the proplem people have with this new and extreamly useful feature confused_o.gif i mean isint this what we always wanted in ofp? (this and multiple gunners which are pretty closely related)

Yea sure it might be unrealistic for some one to shoot out of fast moving chopper trying to pick people of, but why dosent it happen in real life? beacuse its a waste of ammo. And maybe itll be the same for OFP. Sure a few n00bs will try shooting of the chopper but as every one gets experience theyll relise its a waste of ammo and wont bother trying to shoot out of the chopper, inless of course its hovering.

Plus this new feature will add 10 times more fun to the game. And isnt that why we play games? to have fun! biggrin_o.gif

I think giving players the ability to shoot any kind of missile or rocket from any moving vehical without serious risk of killing himself, other friendlies and problably the vehical itself would be ridiculous (especialy aircraft), i seriously hope Aras wont turn into that, its bad enough with the helicopter parachutes, i expect evolution, not BF2 sad_o.gif

thats why we got things such as ECP wink_o.gif

If nothin else being able to walk around freely would be a nice thing,doesnt have to be able to use guns but walkin aroun would be stinkin nice.

also another thought is maybe the possibility of Air craft carriers that we can walk around in now too! now that would be great. Also im sure the star wards mod could make good use of this feature, what with massive star destroyers n all.

Well, nice feature for evac`s, helo extractions, or insertions but for normal flight I suggest the "sit down" option as somebody posted on the other page...

Also, would be great if the party going on at the back, could affect the helo`s flight, I mean the physics stuff, and ofcourse If the pilot or driver decides to do some stunts those poor guys in the back of the vehicle/plane will also have some serious difficulties with `feely` walking whistle.gif

Am I talking about game2 here?

xmas_o.gif

Heh yeah I already see it,a blackhawk does a nose dive and then lifts up quickly,eh the nose does anyway and all the people fall out.

I can already see the "wtf's" and "aaauuugh you suck!" on the screen

three pages, and as usual, what I wanted to propose those entire three pages got mentioned just before I post biggrin_o.gif .

Aircraft carriers are one thing. the LSD is another.... or what about the LST? "Poseidon 51" finally gets a bit more functional! biggrin_o.gif

Anyhow, don't forget that thesame principle can also be applied to the Antonov 124 , or Antonov 225... now admit: who doesn't wants to be able to move freely in the largest plane on earth ? Also, for inter-island CTI's this would be great! instead of transporting armour via ship, load four T80's on a antonov, fly over to the other island (airfield got taken in by airmobile earlier) and proceed? smile_o.gif

Don't forget that moving around in aircraft, better collision detection, and a Airbus A380 addon, could make for some counter-terrorist actions that make CS:s look like a child's toy on Lan partys biggrin_o.gif

Mwahahaha!! inlove.gif

But parachuting from vehicles would have to be refined a bit, seeing as you are no longer capable of selecting "Eject".

Maybe some sort of parachute eqiupment that fills in a speacial eqiupment slot underneather ur binoculares and night vision. and when your above X altatude and not inside a plane (nearest object command? i dunno) then u get the option to pull ur chute.

The Links posted on the first page don't appear to be working for me, does anybody else have this problem or is it just me?

Thanks for your time

Extremeus Decimus

they were working, but not at the moment. try them later..

I pray toward new features from VBS1 in ArmA  tounge2.gif , but I think, that new features from VBS1 will be in Game2  confused_o.gif

Something worth pointing out, VBS1 is still a improved flashpoint engine with some optimisations, new features and functions, technicaly these could be implemented and used in our current opf too, it doesnt utilise the same engine version BIS is currently working on for ARMA so im sure these and other features will be built in the newer ARMA engine.

An interesting quote from seventh from the vbsresources forum:

Quote[/b] ]This is only availble for those already in the sim. Join in progress will not be implemented in VBS1, however as you may know it is being examined for future versions of the FP engine (which future VBS products will be based upon).

This is related to JIP, wich we all know will be present in ARMA so we can assume future version of VBS will be based on the superior ARMA engine, so0O.. i believe that they wont import vbs features into ARMA has some of you sugest but quite the oposite, i think these features will be integrated in the new engine wich will be much better wink_o.gif .

For parachutes, I would kinda like to see it the way FDF does it with parachutes being an inventory item. If you have one, you can jump out of the back of a plane and while in midair falling use the "open chute" option. But if you don't have one...well, you're screwed tounge2.gif