Sign in to follow this  
ryankaplan

New VBS1 videos

Before you block the post, i thought i'd post these because they MAY (i sure as hell hope so, cos they left me drooling) be AA. Damn, imagine a chinook being chased by a mi24, only for the chinook to open it's back door and a soldier inside shoots a stinger at the mi24.....mmmmm

Enhanced armoured vehicles (15.7 mb) - shoot out of hatches, shoot from the turned out position. Enchanced Armoured Vehicles

Enhanced B vehicles (11.2 mb) - freely move around on transport trucks, engage enemy from cargo positions of light vehicles. Enhanced B vehicles

Enhanced air transports (15.5 mb) - move on and off transport vehicles in a realistic manner.

Enchanced Air transport

I'm very sorry if they seen before and i was in a cave.

Guest major gandhi

hmmm .... looks really nice

wow! never seen these before or heard of these features .. hopefully this is in Arm assault or and "OFP 2" xmas_o.gif

As far as i know,and looking at the videos, these are simply VBS and nothing more looking at the engine itself and the way everything moves. It's impressive nonetheless yet we'll have to see if a variation appears in ArmA. Are we getting confused between VBS and ArmA methinks? whistle.gif

I believe the things being done in VBS1 are also being done for Armed Assault. I see ArmA as a little gift for the folks unfortuante to have VBS1, or an Xbox to witness these cool new features.

Impressive! The free movement within a moving vehicle especially got my attention. Makes me wonder what happens if the driver puts on the E-brake and turns a hard right rofl.gif

Thanks for the videos

reopening thread.

any discussion of VBS will be dealt harshly, as well as requesting/suggesting feature

Kool stuff i seen these before but its still pretty nifty biggrin_o.gif cant wait to get a few buddies riding in the back of my pickup with there ingrams and AKs drive by'ing the enemy gangsta style tounge2.gif

that is if this feature is included in ArAs (i hope it will! )

reopening thread.

any discussion of VBS will be dealt harshly, as well as requesting/suggesting feature

I am confused , you dont want us discussing this feature from VBS which we hope will be implemented in AA? If so then whats the point of opening the thread? crazy_o.gif

It is nice, but not what I'd call 'free'.  There seems to be stations you can go to and fire from, which is definately an advancement. smile_o.gif

Edit:

I think this is an oogling thread.. for ooh's and aah's.. which I'm sure it will recieve. tounge2.gif

Edit #2: Darn,Darn,Darn,Darn... I shoulda looked at the air transport one... sorry.. It is a revolutionary deal.. very nice!

Looks nice though the guys inside the apc's and tank look to be atached to the vehicals and not moving freely (not thats its a bad thing, on the contrary), also regarding the helicopter one it may not work so well if the helicopter moves fast or less stable, i really liked how the guy on the tank can now use his binoculars, good job considering the vbs engine is still a updated OFP one but i hope something better is implemented in ARAS smile_o.gif .

yes this feature will be very nice, and if it doesnt come with ArmA we sure will know that we can make it ourselves... tounge2.gif

reopening thread.

I am confused , you dont want us discussing this feature from VBS which we hope will be implemented in AA? If so then whats the point of opening the thread? crazy_o.gif

I believe its because we are to disscuss the possibility of them in ArmA. Perhaps some of these will in fact be in ArmA, and thats why this thread was re-opened? I mean they have said ArmA will contain things from VBS... so perhaps these are some of them.

Quote[/b] ] I shoulda looked at the air transport one... sorry.. It is a revolutionary deal.. very nice!

Well you can drive in and load cargo now with OFP (OWP's MI26 for one), plus I doubt that was an AI we watched driving into the back. If it was, then I'm very happy smile_o.gif

But the moving around in vehicles is comming on great, looks a lot slicker than it did in the older VBS demo  thumbs-up.gif

Ooooh.... Aaahh....

It seems the only main improvement is soldiers being able to walk freely within certain areas in vehicles. The rest is done with some clever scripting (If you look carefully in the cargo chopper one there is an action to 'Tie Down' the jeep, which can basically already be done in ofp with alot of setpos and setdir, yet it would work infinitely better in VBS with the addition of setpitch commands).

But if the walking-in-vehicles thing is included in ArAs, I will be one happy man! yay.gif

That better be in ArmAus O_O too good of a feature to leave out and will dissapoint many OFP fans no doubt.

I can already see it,comming down in a CH-47 or UH-60,enemies everywhere and shootin,no more vunerability of being shot and not doing anything from the side,you can land,shoot from the inside and cover soldiers getting out and then fly off for the next pick up....oh man this coupled with the new ArmAus graphics and less engine limitations........might need to call 911 when this is released,screw BF2 those people don't know what their missin.......then again they should keep to BF2 because alot of servers I'v gone to have many many idiots and this game would be way to advanced and real for them.

finally.. the only thing ofp need.. walk free in planes etc notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

i agree!

plus the extra island

By far not the only thing needed, however a "step" in the right direction.

what will happen on the big 16 player coop missiong where u fly in from north east in a big ch-17 chopper. There will be a huge party in the back of the chopper (no one sitting still). 5 of the crew fell out and died. 3 was accedently shot by their team mates.

Some limits are good but i guess that realistic all the way is even better. Problem is that people would bend the rules and on a public coop server stuff like this could be whats happening.

I just feel Bad for Pvt Johnson who fell out 3 times in a row in the water and and was spotted by an enemy patrol boat smile_o.gif

Yeah but you forget this is the OFP community not the BF2 community,people arent as dimwitted or arseholes.

It probably won't work very well online with lag, but for offline only this would be a great. It looks better than anything similar I have seen in other games so far. The movement looks really smooth. Movement inside vehicles is a small detail, but it makes a huge impact in immersion to the game world.

I hope BIS won't save all the cool VBS stuff for the "Game 2", as I fear. BIS could make ArmAs great if they choose to implement the technology they have already developed for VBS. However I think they would have mentioned it already if they were planning on doing that. Only time or BIS will tell...

Something I've wondered: will AI be smart enough to walk freely in planes?