Sign in to follow this  
Sheltem

Next Generation PC Game

Does the change of title from OFP2 to Next Generation PC Game mean that Codemasters are definetely NOT the publisher? help.gif

lol, this means forum is updating isnt it :P

Anways its too soon for us to know about ofp2 publisher, i guess.

Quote[/b] ]Does the change of title from OFP2 to Next Generation PC Game mean that Codemasters are definetely NOT the publisher? help.gif

I think it's a pretty clear that Codemasters and BIS have split up. It's pretty obvious with the removal of the Codemasters logo from flashpoint2.com and the press release stating "Publisher: To be determined". The change of the title from OFP2 to Next Generation PC Game just confirms it even more.

Then again Codemasters OFP2 website still has the BIS logo.

Confusing stuff crazy_o.gif

I was Sad when I saw the name change sad_o.gif

I wonder what the new name will be? Operation Crackpoint? rofl.gif

Would it really mather if it's called "Operation Cow Manure"?

It's the content that is important other then that you won't need more then 30 minutes to rename the shorcut,folder and editing the logo in Photoshop if "Operation Flashpoint 2" is so dear to you.

Would it really mather if it's called "Operation Cow Manure"?

Yeah, actually.

Time to let go... :-(  Anyway a lot of people still have not heard of OFP, so what ever they call it I just  hope they do better on getting the word out.   Maybe make a short movie for the intro in cinemas...like aka WOW.  Happy naming.

my 2 cents... Flashpoint 2010 (twenty ten)

Codemasters registered Flashpoint as their working title, this could be solved with an easy solution, a "space" , the largest button on your keyboard, between the "flash" , and "point" . after all, reaction follows after the flash wink_o.gif .

(p.s. if Maruk reads this and accepts that last sentense as the new slogan, pm me for my bank account details tounge2.gif ).

Codemasters registered Flashpoint as their working title, this could be solved with an easy solution, a "space" , the largest button on your keyboard, between the "flash"  , and "point" . after all, reaction follows after the flash  wink_o.gif .

(p.s. if Maruk reads this and accepts that last sentense as the new slogan, pm me for my bank account details  tounge2.gif ).

Me too! I just want money though, no particular reason mwuahaha!

Anyway, as long as the name isn't totally retarded, and it explains what the game is roughly about then I don't really care. I'll still call it "OFP2" whatever they name it. And the Codemasters game will be just that... the "Codemasters game".

And Ondréj! If you're reading this... you're handy work in the pics and vids we've seen looks as impressive as ever. When "OFP2" is all ready take a nice long break... then crack on with OFP3 or some addons! Mr. Workaholic!

P.S. I hope you put some more little quirks in the AI that have your face, like the civilians now that come up to you, smile then run off.... which scares the crap out of me when they do it at night in the middle of a forest when I'm being chased by nasty men with big guns and tracked blocks of steel with a boom stick on it!

Codemasters registered Flashpoint as their working title, this could be solved with an easy solution, a "space" , the largest button on your keyboard, between the "flash" , and "point" . after all, reaction follows after the flash wink_o.gif .

(p.s. if Maruk reads this and accepts that last sentense as the new slogan, pm me for my bank account details tounge2.gif ).

That or they could call it 0p3RaTioN Ph1/-\$hp0inT 2: R3TurN 0f t3h h4><.

I have a feeling Codemasters doesn't have that registered tounge2.gif

Hah, "Operation /." (slashpoint)

Actually it would be neat if the game WOULD be called "Next Generation PC Game." Makes the dev's look more confident wink_o.gif

about Next gen. PC game (NGPCG)

it hasn't title OFP2, because NGPCG cannot has title which not definition. OFP1 was other game. NGPCG will be military RPG simulation - no military action as OFP. Complicated military world with RPG elements and NPC persons.

I should have dream. Dream about military MMORPG, but this dream is not real till nowadays. Dynamic world with many NPC and players. Good idea today is offline RPG in Morrowind style.

Game as Morrowind, Gothic - very good games and now - NGPCG - game which change world.

----

I had dream about inventory system in NGPCG - it must be as other RPG games - simply and fast. Very good example is in Hidden and dangerouse, but Illussion Softworks is rival in Czech Republic. I think, that BIS manage with NGPCG tounge2.gif

Good luck BIS soldiers - I believe you yay.gif

What about calling it Operation Halo? People would buy it because 'Halo' is in the title so everyone will buy it and giggle and cry because it says Halo on it. They open it up and play it and its nothing like Halo. So they either stick with it or not play it, but either way they would get alot of money! rofl.gif

I can just imagine how awesome Jagged Alliance mod for Game2 will be!   notworthy.gif

grrreat idea

no no no! Operation Halo is bad idea. Only copy title from scifi game. band.gif

I haven't made any comments on this up coming game, but I have been thinking of a title which I think sums up the OFP experience and that is "Frontline Soldier".

For any who have been in the military, the guy in the frontline is the one who spends his days an nights thinking of home, his family, his sweetheart. He spends most of the time waiting for something to happen, and spends the rest wishing it hadn't. Soldier, airman, sailor or marine, if your job is to engage the enemy then you are a frontline soldier.

"Frontline Soldier" is a title I'd buy, especially if it had Bohemia Interactive Studios as the creator printed on the side of the box.

My two cents worth biggrin_o.gif

Yes! Yes! Good title, Col.

I'm forming a mod group to work on a expansion of sorts:

REMF: You call, we haul!

Bah the only title is and always will be is Operation Flashpoint 2!

Bah the only title is and always will be is Operation Flashpoint 2!

Not if Codemasters has anything to do with it... confused_o.gif

Edit: Just noticed your somewhat new to the forums, so maybe you missed SCREAM posting in this ArmA Thread (Then again, you were an active member when he posted that):

Quote[/b] ]We cannot use these names:

Operation

Flashpoint

Combined Arms

Edit 2:

Quote[/b] ]"Frontline Soldier" is a title I'd buy, especially if it had Bohemia Interactive Studios as the creator printed on the side of the box.

Quote[/b] ]Yes! Yes! Good title, Col.
Quote[/b] ]Frontline soldier is a cool title

I agree, Frontline Soldier is a great title