Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

BWMod Dingo released

Hi folks

Here is our latest release, the ATF2 Dingo 1.

The addon includes two versions of the vehicle with different armaments, one equipped with the GMG Grenade Launcher, the other equipped with a MG3 Machine Gun.

The original model was made by jozan, imported by me, tweaked by numberous people of our team and textured by Snorri.

dingo01.jpg

Detailled Information:

Quote[/b] ]The Dingo 1 (ATF2) is designed to provide better protection against mines for personnel participating in peacekeeping operations than offered by conventional light wheeled vehicles, but at the same time to be faster and more mobile than heavy armor. Mounted on the commercial chassis of the Unimog U1550L (rather than the light U100L, which was used for early experimental vehicles designated ATF1 but found unsuitable, considering the vehicle weight),the Dingo 1 offers good cross country performance.

The vehicle is fitted with an armored cage protecting the passengers, engine compartment, fuel tank and cargo bay. The modular, repairable armor provides all-round protection against infantry weapons, as well as artillery fragments up to 155 mm. In addition, the Dingo 1 is fitted with an oblique "blast deflector" floor, providing crew protection

against heavy anti-tank, EFP and anti-personnel mines.

It is designed to travel at speeds of up to 100 km/h, has a range of 1000 km, is air transportable by C-130 and C-160 aircraft and can be airlifted by CH-47/CH-53 helicopters.

The vehicle armament consists of a remotely operated weapons station, which can mount either a machine gun up to 12.7x99 or an automatic grenade launcher.

Download (RAR-Archive, 3.03 MByte)

We want to thank the following people:

- jozan for creating the model

- Cervo and the rest of the ofp.info staff for there awesome hosting and support

Have fun

Excellent work from BWMOD, as always

great job... smile_o.gif

Raptor smile_o.gif

Good job, but unfortunately not very friendly for servers that have external view off, due to the lack of a proper weapon sight.

As always the BWMOD team suprises us with another great looking and perfectly playable addon. Thanks guys for increasing my German military hardware. This one is very much appreciated by the single player community tounge2.gif

Edit after Nyles posted his comment...

i like it....

so, when will we see a updated weapons and infantry pack? (atleast a infantry pack with more units)

some CAS airplanes

big transport helikopters

and finaly, some more objekts and static weapons? smile_o.gif

i really like this stuff.... smile_o.gif

Good job, but unfortunately not very friendly for servers that have external view off, due to the lack of a proper weapon sight.

If you give me a workaround for this engine limitation (besides using an turned out gunner) which really works I will update the Dingo.

Look nice! (all addon from BW Mod is very good smile_o.gif but I only wait for H-2 Tiger)

wink_o.gif

If you give me a workaround for this engine limitation (besides using an turned out gunner) which really works I will update the Dingo.

A turned out gunner would be one way, yes, but you could also have the gunner rotate inside the vehicle. The only glitch here would be that the gunner could perhaps clip into the seats, etc, which to me however is a small price to pay for a working version that can be used without external view. The weapon sights which are mounted beneath the top hatch need to be turned anyway, if you rotate the weapon. Right now they are fixed and just face forward, iregardless of how you rotate the weapon.

There is nothing wrong about the current version, except for it being very much useless on servers having external view off. If that could be addressed (and same changes applied on the the Fennek) it would be a really awesome addon.

Ok, then tell me now please, how to create a optics model that works on the car class.

On the other hand, we know that the weapon sights move in reality - but we will not include this because of the clipping issues.

It really amazes me how this mod is pooping out addons every month or so! Really really great stuff guys!

and the quality of the addons is really good aswell! I love all the helicopters and stuff like that. The vehicles are also very well made!

I kinda lack a German island BTW? With autobahn! biggrin_o.gif

The banana for you guys! YAAY well done! yay.gifyay.gif

BtW: there is still no german island with Autobahn (remember, no speed limit there...) but we started to convert a few BIS missions into BWMod ones. You can find them on BWMod HP in the "Missions" section.

I converted the "Commander" Mission and Metalchris the "Heavy Metal" Mission.

*end of commercial*

wink_o.gif

BWMod Missions

Ok, then tell me now please, how to create a optics model that works on the car class.

On the other hand, we know that the weapon sights move in reality - but we will not include this because of the clipping issues.

i had the same issues with the WMIK's... you can still create optics for car class, but its the gunnerview memory point thats obosolete - try placing the head of your gunner in a position where you'd want the optic to be placed and create a seperate Gunnerview LOD... like you've said, its alot of trial and error and possible clipping... its a pain that the gunnerview memory point doesnt work in car class... i still can't work out BIS's decision to remove it.

looks excellent - love the look of this vehicle, although i've never seen one in my life... compared to the UK's SAXON it's very pretty tounge2.gif

Yep, but you will not be able to see the interior of the vehicle by using the gunner view lod and create a face in front of the gunners head.

Anyway, I don't see much sense in this case.

You should either turn on 3rd person view or wait for Armed Assault, which will hopefully support real optics for wheeled vehicles.

The Swiss-Mod has a very good solution for the gunner problem imo. Perhaps you can look into it, it´s the Eagle Reconnaissance-Vehicle I think.

I´m no Addonmaker but I think it could be ok.

Absolut great Dingo to the team in general biggrin_o.gif

Yep, but you will not be able to see the interior of the vehicle by using the gunner view lod and create a face in front of the gunners head.

Anyway, I don't see much sense in this case.

You should either turn on 3rd person view or wait for Armed Assault, which will hopefully support real optics for wheeled vehicles.

does the gunner NEED to see the interior of the vehicle?

can he just keep his head pressed against the sight? (like a periscope) doeing that he wouldnt see the interior of the vehicle anyway?

really, i dont know how it´s done in these vehicles irl, maybe they look at a screen or something..

but i say, keep the good work up guys... your work this far is absolutely wonderful...

just keep throwing new stuff in our faces, we can handle it biggrin_o.gif