Sign in to follow this  
Bambi

International Special Forces

Hi,

I've begun my plan of creating a variety of the world's special forces units. I started out with the Americans and planned to make the Canadians next but now I'm feeling kinda lazy... So I've come here to ask you -the community- which Special Forces units you'd like to see made. I'm open for anything and would appreciate pictures of their respective gear, insignias, etc.

I know this will be a time consuming project but I'm willing to put alot of work into it for the summer. Also, I'd like units that haven't been really made yet (Kinda contradicting myself with the Americans Special Forces unit but hey whistle.gif)

Well here's how the American unit looks:

ofpunit4.jpg

ofpunit5.jpg

New1.jpgThe base of the model comparison

New2.jpg

I'm still waiting for permission from HYK for editing his textures and using some of his models, so this unit could get changed. I'm also waiting for permission from Our Weapons for their hands...Oh and I'm for sure going to use Llauma's head, so when his updated on comes out, expect it on this model. There's also some details that still have to be added; one is the pistol holster.

This model is what I'm going use as a base for every unit that I plan to make, and it is based of the released BIS model. I'd appreciate any feedback on my plans.

Well, looks pretty good so far. His arms are a bit thin, and his legs a little too thick, IMO. So keep up the great work.

Indeed it does look very nice so far. That buttpack does seem to be a bit too 'squarish' though. The top of the arms need to be a bit more thick as pointed out before.

to make it international make it so that they all wear masks and make a night versions also for blackops (fixed nvg so itll be only used at night)

pistols.gif

Those look nice, you could do the British SAS...

Make a Special Unit not made before like New Zealand SAS or Indonesia. Could be some nice battle between Indonesia and the SASR by Skeg man wink_o.gif

Put the pistol holster on the chest like so:

predatorny032ia.th.jpg

Make a Special Unit not made before like New Zealand SAS or Indonesia. Could be some nice battle between Indonesia and the SASR by Skeg man wink_o.gif

Aye, we've already got a few US SF blokes, Blackbloods done some pretty fooking good desert SAS and we've got SASR. Go for something that hasnt been done to make your addon original, it will probably see more use then smile_o.gif

When I read the postname "International Special Forces", I thought: finally a generic SF addon along the lines of KMARNS international soldier.

I wouldn't mind a well made Night Black Op to replace that crappy BIS one.

@Bambi: i think hyk said you can edit his stuff, as long as you give him proper credits if i am not wrong

and i for my part would love to see some desent KSK Forces smile_o.gif

Swedish SF biggrin_o.gif

SSG

posible gear

fjs_swerap_stridsvast.jpg

Fjs-vast_front2.jpg

Information

"The big difference between other units in this niche, like the SAS, Green Berets, or Spetsnaz, is that the SSG do not operate world-wide. They are especially trained for the Scandinavian environment. "

isent real true SSG is in wher in Kosovo, Afganistan, Congo and some more places i cant remember

I highly doubt it, the quality is good, but as far as I know he doesn't post on the VBS1 forums. Though that looks like the M4 configuration I had while in Iraq though smile_o.gif

British Pathfinders, not commonly known as SF but they do the same job, you could do them in their HALO gear (a HALO/HAHO unit is very much needed in my opinion). They are the cream of the crop from the british parachute regiment. And if you made those, the british units would be coming together nicely. Blackblood's SAS, para's and marines and P:UKF's units are all excellent, but a pathfinder gap is still there.

Israeli Commandos?

Seemed to have done a lot in recent times, including Iraq possibly.. Can't find any pictures of them sadly sad_o.gif

The US SF looks great, other than the arms, they look great biggrin_o.gif

Nice work wow_o.gif

- Ben

Seemed to have done a lot in recent times, including Iraq possibly.. wow_o.gif

I kinda doubt that Israeli forces would be utilised in Iraq due to the complications and implications of them being discovered.

But i would really like to see more israeli units in general. sad_o.gif

Looking forward to seeing these add-ons biggrin_o.gif

http://www.parapundit.com/archives/000199.html

Sounds plasuable, but kidna off topic :P

Hmm, other idea, NBC Suits

http://www.nbc-links.com/nbcgraphics/nbcde-ipe.html

(If, in firefox you right click and go to View Image, you get a slightly bigger one)

Not really seen many good NBC soldiers. Something like this would work nicely in desert/scudy missions tounge2.gif

- Ben

Seemed to have done a lot in recent times, including Iraq possibly.. wow_o.gif

I kinda doubt that Israeli forces would be utilised in Iraq due to the complications and implications of them being discovered.

But i would really like to see more israeli units in general. sad_o.gif

Looking forward to seeing these add-ons biggrin_o.gif

I've seen a soldier of that sort posing with an Israeli flag before, not a smart move in my opinion icon_rolleyes.gif

Judging from some of the replies, I guess I'll make that generic black op you guys are wanting first biggrin_o.gif. From there I'll decide on the different nations requested, which include:

The Italians, Israelis, Germans, Indonesians, British (Most likely won't happen due to the already great looking Blackblood units notworthy.gif) and the Swedish (Which also might not happen due to that cool looking SFP pack coming out soon) but I'm open for more suggestions.

Another idea set forth was a Nogovan SF unit. From my understanding there's already one being made/planned so I don't know whether I'll do it or not, but it's a cool idea nonetheless.

I have also edited the base model with your feedback so thanks for that.

So now comes the point where I ask what type of gear do you guys want to see on the generic black op? biggrin_o.gif

Polish PSK1? They have different camouflage but a new Molle type vest has been seen in use in Iraq. If you would be willing to take it into consideration I could provide a couple of pictures..

BTW, A blackop or Nogovan SF unit would look pretty nice in game smile_o.gif Definately cannot forget a balaclava

GSG9!

I loved those German guys in the original Counter Strike.

Not sure how real they are, atleast compared to how they were in the game. But i thought they looked cool