Sign in to follow this  
Bambi

International Special Forces

They are most definitely real wink_o.gif

Keep the blackop simple. No badges, markings... Just a balaclava, some sort of generic looking vest, and black clothing. (or more preferably greyish as the night never is 100% black). Maybe an option to roll up the balaclava into a bonnie?

Judging from some of the replies, I guess I'll make that generic black op you guys are wanting first biggrin_o.gif. From there I'll decide on the different nations requested, which include:

The Italians, Israelis, Germans, Indonesians, British (Most likely won't happen due to the already great looking Blackblood units notworthy.gif) and the Swedish (Which also might not happen due to that cool looking SFP pack coming out soon) but I'm open for more suggestions.

Preparation H is currently working on italians SF units too. You can take a look here.

He's working on our Army SF exclusively, the IX° Rgt. "Col Moschin".

Our Naval SF (ComSubIn) were already released by the PedagneMOD

I know its looking into the past, but how about the SBS? theyre good thumbs-up.gif

Preparation H is currently working on italians SF units too. You can take a look here.

He's working on our Army SF exclusively, the IX° Rgt. "Col Moschin".

Our Naval SF (ComSubIn) were already released by the PedagneMOD

I'll take that in mind, thnx for telling me smile_o.gif

Definately cannot forget a balaclava

No worries I won't forget biggrin_o.gif

Keep the blackop simple. No badges, markings... Just a balaclava, some sort of generic looking vest, and black clothing.

Ok

I've started the texture work for the gear, and so once I've done some work on it I'll post an update. Expect it soon :P

Also I've taken those new countries posted into consideration, I'll have a list once I'm done this blackop.

I have a suggestion for an older SF unit to make:

The Rhodesian 1st SAS Regiment

They have been involved in quite a lot of really impressive actions, but it is hard to find good intel about them. Mainly because Rhodesia hasn't been in existence since about 1980.

It's a cool idea

make the dutch commandos. they were the first commandos in european history

Actually Israeli SF were in Iraq during the first Gulf War.  They operated in via unmarked CH-53 helicopters, and various types of fast attack vehicles.  On the Isarayet (Israeli SF) web page there is tons of information about these operations in Iraq.  Unfortunately they made that website a subscription website now.  However my mod (The Lost Brothers) already has several Israeli SF units including Shayetet-13 (S-13) naval commandos and Sayeret Golani.   More info on them here:

http://www.syllicom.com/SG.htm

What I REALLY would like to see, and nobody has mentioned this so far, is some Blackwater Security units.  They have black body armor, black kevlar helmets and either civilian clothes underneath or some type of uniform.   They also tend to have SF style leg holsters for pistols and use M4's, PKMs, M4/M203's, M249's, AKM's, MP5's, and a variety of pistols.

Here's some pics:

942.jpg

936.jpg

937.jpg

repp2.jpg

I think that this particular model could easily be converted into a Blackwater Security mercenary and would be VERY good for Iraq missions as these guys play a very large role in security operations in Iraq. Even some US Army units get these guys as security. However I do think that the model could use improvement. The arms for one thing are much too skinny. Generally desert uniforms have very baggy sleeves. Same for the BDU trousers...very baggy. I'm not sure why the trend in OFP has been to use the civilian model for combat soldiers. Personally I don't think it looks very realistic for a physically fit soldier wearing typical tactical uniforms.

At any rate... aside from that the model I think looks fairly good.

For anyone who wants to learn more about mercenaries in Iraq, I HIGHLY recommend that you watch the streaming webcast of the Frontline documentary: PRIVATE WARRIORS

You can find it here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/warriors/

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Addons looking very nice smile_o.gif

First relase addon, later do anthoner SF unit xmas_o.gif

It's a cool idea

make the dutch commandos. they were the first commandos in european history

KMM mod already made them, and there not bad, plus I think there updating their soldier model.

what abut Blackwater guys not SF but it will be nice to have

There's a rash of SF units of one type or another all being worked on/coming out soon at the moment it seems... So my small suggestion is slightly different...

How about some Arctic/Winter SF units ?? There's desert and woodland aplenty, but apart from HYK I can't find any decent modern winter units anywhere.....

Just an idea...

B

I like the mercenary idea a lot too!!

Please make a New Zealand SAS solider and also an Aussie SASR model.

imo his legs are way too fat, and his body is a little too fat as well-he looks inda goofy out of proportion.

overall though, I kinda bummed at ofp.info because I thought this was just another vbs addon biggrin_o.gif I was really surprised when I learned that this was ofp...it looks amazing just the quality of it. notworthy.gif Keep up the good work. yay.gif

Blackwater, KBR, and U.S. SF all pretty much look the same when they are "in uniform", depending of course on the mission at task. I like the idea of having some special operations troops with no links to any countries for OFP. No markings, no insignia, good stuff. Keep up the good work man.

Monty

Not really.  Often, the PMC's will wear civilian shirts under their body armor and usually wear non-military issue baseball caps.  Also some of their body armor appears different as well, although they use similar ammo pouch attachment systems as the interceptor vest.  

At any rate some of them are distinguished by wearing black kevlar helmets in high threat areas.  Thats why I posted that one pick of a few of them wearing the black PASGT style kevlar helmets. There's also no reason why several variants of this addon could be made.  Or he could just release it as it is and have it like the international soldier model by inviting anyone who wants it, to modify it for their mods.

Either way the addon is looking good, and I agree that probably the best overall thing to do is just to release it with no country markings on it so that way people won't complain so much that he didn't make their country's SF....although I'd still like to see one in black body armor and helmet.  smile_o.gif  

Also for other ideas, I do agree with someone that Indonesia SF would be really good.   They are called KOPASSUS and regarded as some of the toughest SF in the world.  I've seen these guys before running by me in formation run in Salatiga, Indonesia and they were the biggest Indonesians I've ever seen.  Very very tough looking soldiers wearing red berets and equipped with American weaponry (don't remember if it was M4's or M16's).

These are also the same guys who killed some New Zealander peacekeepers in East Timor near the border of West Timor.  In the report I read, they left their Kopassus patch as a calling card.

Here is an excellent webpage on the Kopassus.

http://indonesiaeliteforces.tripod.com/id6.html

These guys would make excellent adversaries for the Australian and New Zealand addons as well as the Singapore Defense Force mod and maybe hypothetical US vs Indonesia missions.  Note that in the pics, they also wear kevlar helmets and body armor not totally unlike this addon.   If anything perhaps later on someone could convert this international SF model into a Kopassus operator.

kopassus4.jpeg

o1.jpg

Naval Kopassus

TNIALTENTARA.JPG

sus.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi to all,

I have read a lot of idea and I think this:

1) there are people who are building italian special forces unit but not Carabinieri MSU in black battle dress (for weapon there is already ar70/90 and M4 for carabinieri paratroops). These units are used in a lot of place (ex-Jugoslavia, Iraq, etc..) and they have the leadership and they are the model for MSU troops.

2) The Nogova army and airforce (fixed & heli unit). There isn't a real nogova army...I think this is a big problem..a lot of addons but nothing with nogovo. there was a mod but it released just few screenshot.

3) If you do a general black-ops/spec-force and you use something as "footmuch roundels" you can adapt this general unit to all/a lot of special unit of different country (just changing falg and insignia..if you need). You know..now all west units are real similar with uniform, special in black/grey and anti-terror battle dress

Awesome work m8 notworthy.gif

And what about czech 6th Special forces group?

6sss.jpg

I've photos of almost every part of their gear if you wish.

Keep up the good work thumbs-up.gif

Guys, ever heard of the CSLA2 MOD?huh.gif? Ever heard of the Pedagne Mod?huh.gif?huh.gif??

There are mods already doing units like those. It would be best to contact those mods about doing such SF units.

Personally I'd rather see some SF units that:

1. Have not been done and that no mods are working on.

2. Would be very useful for a wide range of missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

as you know:

1) CLSA is not Nogova army but CZ army...is not the same...on this site http://nafp.gotf.net/ there is what means Nogova Army..but I think this mod is closed or inactive...as I've already told..just few screenshot in more then 2 year (from 2002 to 2004).

2) Pedagnemod do a lot about italian SF but not MSU units..and IVECO VM90..the standard "jeeb" used by MSU.