Sign in to follow this  
POPKA

House Divided.

Excellent guns gents. Especially love some of those faces and the CSA on the butt of the muskets, very nice touch. xmas_o.gif

Glad u like the faces Biv, there are loads, and the famous military leaders we do will have custom faces too etc...

Dynamite_Cow, the 'is that ofp' remark is a great compliment regarding the quality of the weapon making Lt HuNTeR and Zalmoxis have done.

Also let me congratulate bourbon addon maker hehe Williams who is now producing a variety of weapon models within the sphere of handguns.

Meanwhile i shall be making optics for our weapons, and getting their coding thunder - tight lol

After that, we have some new stunning infantry animations for our new 'injury' system that i think will hopefully impress u lads.

Little status update from the ol' HuNTeR:

We are working hard to make the performance even better. Of course this won't impact the looks of the nearly finished units at all. I'm working on lods for common equipment pieces like hats, canteens, backpacks etc. Also a couple of things might be redone (like the Zoauve hat).

Hello to all of you!

Some of you gents might haven't noticed it due to the hard and GREAT looking work that you put into the MOD: It's x-mas today, so I wish you a merry christmas!

After looking at the newest pics I too wonder if that still is OPF - I never dreamed it could ever look like that and work like that. Simply a civil war enthusiasts dream come true!!!! Those new rifle muskets look wonderful (great models and great textures - btw. is the Colt 1860 done too?) I can hardly wait until it is released!!!!!!

Yours,

LONGSTREET

I was going for a fully modelled christmas tree, but my computer couldn't quite handle that (3DSMAX crashed with only one branch, see here). A 300.000 poly branch that is whistle.gif

So all we can give you is the last ''lod'' help.gif

HDV_Christmas2.jpg

Of course totally unedited *cough* whistle.gif *cough*

You should have just done a half-dozen musket rifles leaning against each other like a cone with a star on top tounge2.gif and maybe with some christmas lights on.

Sheesh, that branch looked real heavy on the old polys.

Yep Lt HuNTeR that ol' xmas tree addon will just not do!

lol

Thanks very much longstreet, your words of support, and dynmanite cows and harley (our historical noncho) are all appreciated, and help i think to get us new members and also to mantain a comfortable and happy level of morale in a mod that the work is being appreciated and that people will be looking forward to playing it.

When that feeling is lost u can see where mods have slowed down etc... (not in our era of set mods but in others)

Thats why as a community its so important to support the mod and artists doing this work, and is why we at house divided take so many requests and listen to what you guys have to say cos we all consider you posters, an extended family of the mod team wink_o.gif

And what better time to say that than at xmas wink_o.gif

Let me take the chance to say thanx to my friend Lt HuNTeR for all his hard work, he's a champ modeller, to zalmoxis and daddylonglegs, good texture and map makers apiece.

To Williams whose very much welcomed to our mod and who i hope enjoys his time here very much wink_o.gif

To Harley for his advice and consel, lol to Biv, Dynamite Cow, Longstreet, (CAS) Daniel, Marcus, little fatso combat chaplain, Belgerot, Shinkansen and all the others!

To the House Divided Mod and its exceptional team, a very <span style='color:red'>Merry Christmas</span> and a <span style='color:red'>Happy New Year</span>, the first of many for Operation Flashpoint and its successors!

On behalf of Operation Somme we thank you for your mod's friendship and assistance, and trust that the two modifications will aid each other in the coming months and the transition to Armed Assault.

Your units are top notch, your weapons - extraordinary, the breadth - fascinating!  Truly, when it is released, it will be played much and remembered well!

Merry Christmas all who appreciate House Divided and Gavin, Lt HuNTeR and all connected with it; it is my pleasure to help xmas_o.gif.

And of course to Gavin, for masterminding and leading the entire mod!!! <Raises glass of sherry in a toast> xmas_o.gif

Merry Christmas all!

Biv xmas_o.gif

*cough cough*

You're not supposed to be making fancy pictures of chistmas trees, you're supposed to produce quality addons and release them before Christmas! I don't pay you for celebrating christmas! Well I don't pay you anyway, but that's not the point! Get working!

Ah well, merry chirstmas motherfuckers. thumbs-up.gif

Heyyyy Cwmod said it was releasing before xmas not us lol go badger them!

And ill have u know that Bis is including that xmas tree addon in the next gen version of VBS!

Don't worry, I'll badger you both. And hey, in my timezone, you still have 29 minutes left so no worries!

EDIT: And maybe I can forgive you for releasing after christmas if you include those realistic gunslinger 'sights'...

man livin in australia means u guys r asleep while im awake and its 430 pm n im waitin for CW mod n this one 2 b released! sad_o.gif MERRY CHRISTMAS , cant wait to play as clint eastwood pistols.gif

hey guys hows the game goin...have not been on in a long time.

To sum it up:

-Gavin is back.

-I'm on a little R&R.

-We have a new addition to the team.

We've made great progress the last 2 months.

We won't set actual deadlines, as all that will give you is a rushed product that is not as good as it could have been.

Yo lads!

Right so the Whitworth is done, and so is the cavalry carbine enfield for the rebs...

Optics have been done for the muskets, shaps, spencers and pistols basically.

They have colour optics, pretty basic but attractive enuf, far nicer than the old ones...

Just an optic to do for the henry rifle now, and i will get to doing some coding/ sounds, but the weps are getting there, id say just about 80% done, omg lol

1. Are you going to include the LeMat?

2. If yes, is it fired in the 'gunslinger' position or in the ol' 'formal' straight-hand style? If no, give me some whiskey.

Yeah the lemat is already in it, so is the colt navy, and the deringer and the remington, i mean there already finished, there is also a colt baby dragoon, and another pocket pistol, and probably another pistol somewhere (looks around)

The optic, follows the animation of the pistol, which is 1 arm extended holding it out, (not firing from the hip) but arm pointed out, so in ofp u can see the arm and aim from the optic. um... let me give an example...

pistol.jpg

I mean i want to have quite a few pistols, cos they don't take up much and they will give variety to the foes you'll meet however, too many pistols will comprimise the speed of our mods development in other areas hence, we will probably end with about 7. But thats not bad for the first release.

EDIT// Oh and btw in the pic is the lemat

...we will probably end with about 7. But thats not bad for the first release.

EDIT// Oh and btw in the pic is the lemat

Sounds perfectly adequate. Very nice "ironsight" (iron arm?) smile_o.gif.

Has the LeMat got "Buckshot" mode?

Alright, well here is the first weapon model produced by Williams the new chap that joined our mod as a modeller.

This is the Colt Baby Dragoon, and ive edited a wee texture to make it nice etc.

Overall i nice addition, tell me whit ya think boys wink_o.gif

pistol2.jpg

Heyyy well we're flying thru the guns now for the mod, omg they might just all get done after all haha

Okay heres a picture of ouuuur colt revolving rifle, model by Williams, and again humble textures by me etc

coltrifle.jpg

Well gents, not that we're aiding and abetting the enemy muahahah lol, but cwmod 1.2 is released, and id suggest u chaps go check it out etc etc,

Meanwhile, here is a final fantastico - final list of weapons that will be in the first release.

* Springfield1861

*(3 Band) Enfield Musket

*Lorenz Musket

*Sharp's Rifle

*Henry Rifle

*shotgun

*Spencer Rifle

*Spencer Carbine

*Winchester

*Sharp's Carbine

*Richmond Musket

*Springfield1855 Musket

*Fayette Musket

* (2 band) Enfield Musket

* Whitworth Rifle

* Enfield Carbine

* Colt Revolver Rifle

* Colt Navy Pistol

* Deringer Pocket Pistol

* Remington Pistol

* Let Mat Pistol

* Baby Dragoon Pistol

The weapons that will not be included in this release (but will subsequently) include the Colt Peacemaker modelled by Lt HuNTeR, and another pocket pistol and winchester with scope by Williams.

In anycase that is a TOTAL of TWENTY-TWO - 22 weapons done at the quality you have seen of those modellers and texture artists that contributed.

If we go beyond this number of weapons for the first release, i think we'll be grinding iron as they say.

So, at the moment, some lods are being completed, 1 or two more optics, then some coding and sound effects and the full weapons of this release will be finished, meaning I shall be moving onto units, which will see the makings of all the special units suggested to us (with a sgt, and corporal nco using object selections for rank tabs) and our cavalry.

At the same time our map will be developed, however we may opt for a simpler map, to ensure we can make a release sooner rather than later.

As always comrades i appreciate ur thoughts

im looking forward to this alot gavin cant wait biggrin_o.gif