Sign in to follow this  
POPKA

House Divided.

Alright heres a pic of the all new flintlock pistols, issued to confederates (and produced for a short time after the start of the war too) as well shortages of repeater firearms etc

In anycase its a gorgeous texture work by Zalmoxis, and modelling by Lt HuNTeR

And just wait till u see Zalmoxis texture job on the new springfrield woooo

pistol1.jpg

This and all the lods these weapons have (and objects) is an immense undertaking which is totally professional in modding, to ensure things run great.

Its more akin to what mods like I44 would do than mods on the fringe of 'subject matter' like ours, lol, but we are working to that standard of quality, so bear in mind if a gun takes longer to make than 1 lod and a screenshot hehe wink_o.gif

But like i say, progress is getting there wink_o.gif

that pistol is B-E-A-utiful. Keep it up biggrin_o.gif

reb.jpg

Okay heres the flinty in action, with our typically rough faced warriors wink_o.gif the union will have rough faces too (but will have some less rough) and will utilise a variedly different face pack.

In terms of authentic faces boys ur getting over 50, not bad (all random and automatic) including our black guys which will use their own face pack of about 15.

Alright, heres another pic for u bloodhounds, lol

This is a *drum-roll* NEW SPRINGFIELD!

U remember the old cwmod one, well when we were in that mod we retextured it (before the chaos started) and that was the one u saw in pics before...

But now, thanx to Lt HuNTeR models, and Zalmoxis textures, we came up with a new Springfield model, which features like all our weapons will, numerous lods, so that we can have em looking great AND run faster than most weps out there.

anyway gents here is a pic, and yep it looks even better ingame (than my oxy pic)

spring.jpg

Nice pics. it should be noted though, that the weapon is useless in this condition, as the hammer is in the ''safe'' position (in other words, in the forward position instead of pulled back), but I hope Zal/you did that just for the screenshot.

Well i think regarding the hammer, zal (ill have to ask) changed it cos he thought, troops would be having it on safe for most of the mission?

That said tho, i think we're gonna look at having the hammer come forward when the weapon fires... i'll check that out,

if not then either it will stay primed ready to fire or it won't

Personally it may look more unusual if ur on a march with all these dudes guns ready to go off any second!

But either way i think its more a matter of taste (unless we get it animated) im gonna check that out wink_o.gif

In any case lads, you Lt HuNTeR especially, and zalmoxis, you've done well,

It is the best looking musket addon for ofp imo congrats

hi

i am wondering if you are searching addons makers.

I can do guns and rifles and others 3d models, but my textures are poor because i use only photo to do that

here a winchester mod 63 with scope

http://ofpwilliam.free.fr/work/fw/win_63.jpg

And a "poivriere" (sorry, it is a french word, i don't know how it is called in english)

http://ofpwilliam.free.fr/work/fw/poiv.jpg

Yeah that looks pretty good to me cowboy wink_o.gif I'll pm you my msn, and from there you can get a chance to blab to me and Lt HuNTeR wink_o.gif

Personally it may look more unusual if ur on a march with all these dudes guns ready to go off any second!

Couldn't you do like FDFMOD did with their Suomi and PPSH-series SMG's? When a magazine is loaded, one appears on the model. Only here, when a magazine is loaded the hammer is up. Sometehing to do with the zazleh selection or whatnot tounge2.gif

Anyways, 'tis looking ace fellows!

Hey old friend good to see u toddling about there wink_o.gif yup things were a little slow (for me) not Lt HuNTeR whose worked hard (and is on vacation leave lol for a bit)

But things will speed up now-

So our work is concentrated on the weapons -

There is no point chaps us running before we've got the basics of walking covered lol (and other mods don't) so we don't want to be one of them!

So right now weps are getting totally fixed up, sounds, optics and blah blah u guess it were probably doing it.

When the weps are done, I will focus on getting all the infantry so far up to speed.

At which point, work will return to the map, and hey presto - release.

There will be an open beta for you gents eventually wink_o.gif but rest assured, we're not dillydallying but working hard and fast *rargh*

Alright, now as you know muskets don't exactly look overwhelmingly different from each other...

This is a test pic of the new Lorenz Musket, (whether this will be the final version will be up to lt hunter)

In any case, a peak, all its bits and bops are in different wee places, and well, its austrian too...

so there ya go

lorenz1.jpg

Couldn't you do like FDFMOD did with their Suomi and PPSH-series SMG's? When a magazine is loaded, one appears on the model. Only here, when a magazine is loaded the hammer is up. Sometehing to do with the zazleh selection or whatnot tounge2.gif

That only works for magazines. Have you ever played with the CW mod beta release? Having just 10 rounds when people are charging you is not funny sad_o.gif

We could add the Zasleh selection to make it look like the hammer is going forward. It will be right back again but at least it looks like it works like it should... confused_o.gif

@William115: We are indeed looking for more people, both in modelling, texturing and scripting departements. Your work looks pretty good so far, and we'd love to have you aboard.

Yup Lt HuNTeR i just spoke to this brave recruit and passed on ur msn so he can contact you like i do... at 4am via webcam... on dirtymodders.com phwoar!

*ahem* anyway quite enuf of that,

heres a peak at er the enfield... (subject to Lt HuNTeRs approval btw this enfield and lorenz)

enfield.jpg

Okay, now just expanding the musket clone army lol, right so, ive got 4 slots for muskets, and originally they were all earlier versions of the springfield (there all coded up, bayonets et all) so im replacing some of them, (oh ive also got a crap belgian thing ill probably be keeping)

Anyway, truth is, many of these muskets do and will look a little similar, so i dont expect u to pee ur pants with every pic i post, but ah well lol.

This is the Richmond Rifle-Musket, there WAS enormous variety in this weapon concept, ive chosen the one with brass back and guard. And yep, it looks quite like a springfield lol (in actual fact its quite a wee bitty longer, just a wee bit) apart from that, screws are different, different, places, (its all the little details you will notice more ingame or close up than in these stand back pics.)

This one has CSA scarred onto the butt and has a little bit of rust. (just a little.)

richmond.jpg

Let me reiterate, there are some 8 standard muskets, basically 1 or 2 for the union normal joes (so far) and a considerable variety for the rebs.

1855.jpg

The 1855 Springfield, (as opposed to the nice shiney 1861 version most the union get, this is its earlier incarnation) and a little dirty too, (just a wee bit)

fayette.jpg

Argh i know i know, will the bloody muskets ever end...

This is the 3rd last of the 'ordinary' muskets,

Meaning we have the exciting original 3,

1) Springfield 1861

2) Enfield

3) Lorenz

4) Fayette

5) Springfield 1855

6) Richmond

Meaning we still have some crappy 2 europ cheap imports to give to the rebs,

Now basically when u fight the rebs they'll be dispersed with quite a number of weapons i imagine, and we have decided to give them variety of arms, as opposed to uniformity of arms for the union.

So these 8 muskets, about 2 will be for normal union dudes, and 6 will be mixed with reb dudes, so there ua have it wink_o.gif intriguing,

this isnt including all the stuff (in the last cwmod when we were part of them...) which has been retextured, models fixed or replaced. So we're talking some what? 20 weapons?

last picture for tonight, and my mistake chaps, there is not 8 normal muskets, just 7, so due to the numerous enfield exports, i thought lets add the short pattern rifle as well.

enfieldshor.jpg

This time a lads holding it wink_o.gif

Next pics will probably be of something relatively boring like sights, but its all important wink_o.gif

Wow, looks very impressive. Amazing how much improvment there's been since this mod started. Looking forward to hopefully seeing the rifles shoot with the hammers going. biggrin_o.gif

Is that really from flashpoint? Great lookin'!

By the way, what's your final solution about the 'gunslinger sights'?

I was workless, so i did a "colt 1855 revolving rifle", hoping that it were not already made

coltrm8hi.th.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Model 1855 Colt Revolving Carbine

One Federal cavalry regiment, the 1st Missouri Cavalry, carried the Model 1855 Colt Revolving Carbine at Pea Ridge.  This weapon was basically Samuel Colt's famous revolver, with the barrel lengthened and a shoulder stock added.  It was made in both a rifle and a carbine version.  It fired five rounds, but had the unfortunate tendency to occasionally discharge all of the chambers at once.

Quote[/b] ]Cylinders of Model 1855 Colt Revolving Carbine

The Colt revolving carbine was loaded in the same manner as the Colt revolver. The cartridge was loaded in the front of the cylinder (powder first, then the ball) and then compressed with the plunger beneath the barrel. This was repeated until all five cylinders were loaded. Percussion caps were then placed on the vent nipples. The weapon was then ready to fire.

Excellent work there William, yep well in fact our mod did want that fire arm, and now you've gone and made it lol, so great, we can check that out and maybe get it textured, tho the texture photo job looks really good (i could alter that texture, and just 'add to it'

* - donotes completion

// PISTOLS

Le Mat*

Deringer*

Colt Navy*

Colt Peacemaker*

// Muskets

Richmond*

Enfield*

Enfield Short*

Springfield 1861*

Springfield 1855*

Loenz*

Fayette*

//Rifles-carbines

Spencer Rifle*

Spencer Carbine*

Sharps Rifle*

Sharps Carbine*

Henry Rifle*

Winchester*

Colt 1855 Revolving Rifle (your one here Williams)

Ooops forgot two others,

Shotgun*

Musketoon*

So we're looking at about 20 - 25 weps for this mod, with most modelled and textured, thats not bad. Cos u can rush them, but we want to make em look good and run faster than our peers hehe

What we could do with Williams is a new and improved

*Whitworth Rifle with scope

and a http://www.civilwar.si.edu/weapons_tarpley.html

*Tarpley Breech loading carbine