Sign in to follow this  
POPKA

House Divided.

well as some of you may or may not know there is a New seperate from cwmod mod called House divided lead by Gavin, What is so good about it is it gives Low poly models that still look very Nice, very good textures ect. Here are some pictures, there is alot of stuff done, this is just some of it, aswell as a new face pack which you can only see used in one or two of the screenshots:

battle02.jpg

[ig]http://popka3.dajoob.com/ofpstuff/battle03.jpg[/img>100kb

derringer.jpg

[ig]http://popka3.dajoob.com/ofpstuff/henry.jpg[/img]>100kb

More Pictures------------

http://popka3.dajoob.com/ofpstuff/cowboy1.jpg

http://popka3.dajoob.com/ofpstuff/Frank.jpg

http://popka3.dajoob.com/ofpstuff/badass.JPG

http://popka3.dajoob.com/ofpstuff/sarge.jpg

http://popka3.dajoob.com/ofpstuff/somecivs.jpg

http://popka3.dajoob.com/ofpstuff/zovs2.jpg

http://popka3.dajoob.com/ofpstuff/zovs3.jpg

http://popka3.dajoob.com/ofpstuff/gui.jpg

yay.gif

Looking very nice wink_o.gif

Edit: change that signature before a moderator sees it wink_o.gif

Wow looks great. I really like that custom gui.

EDIT: had to try some new smilies yay.gifthumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gif

Will you artists have a website up soon? Or are you just working on addons at the moment?

Looking very fine so far (love the derringer).

Guest Ti0n3r

Looking good. thumbs-up.gif

PRETTY DAM COOL

nice to see some "Dirty looking troops"

Hey guys, lots of picture links coming up in a mo,

Basically this mod is looking at the civil war, pre civil war, and mexican civil war, so 1840s - 1880s, quite an epic huh, lol

The idea is that we have 3 maps indicative of those 3 eras, now we are recruiting for skilled animators, and modellers, even if ur just curious to have a go u can contact me ;)

This mod is historically accurate, tho we have a pretty nightmarish perspective of that history, plus we know u guys like some of us love the movies that inspire an interest in history, so we include famous historical figures, as well as some famous fictional figures, (so far this includes General Lee, Grant, the man with no name (clint eastwood) and Frank (the ultimate villain from 'once upon a time in the west')

Okay heres a peak at the Wild West Map, this is a total reworking of everon, vegetation towns, and roads have been edited, in essence into something generically scary from the 1850s +

Essentially there are towns and many unique places to explore, every single town has something weird, or unwholesome about it, (we have made a cheesy story for the island, to give ya some inspirational ideas about things the towns have kept secret) that relate to objects (such as the hanging tree) and etc etc.

So in other words we are trying to infuse this island with loads of custom objects, and unique objects for every town, to make each place, different. (or at least try too hell)

Here are 2 pics, one with a cheesy old photo edit (forgive me) and 1 showing u it normally ingame,

http://img184.echo.cx/my.php?image=oldwest1lb.jpg

http://img184.echo.cx/my.php?image=oldwest21jh.jpg

How about that mexican guy from "The good the bad and the ugly" who gets hung so that Clint can shoot the rope and free him so they can make money? He'd be a good vilan.

Anyways this mod looks kickass, some wild-west shootouts will be a nice change.

BTW those custom anims look sweet.

its a good texture job on those buildings gavin icon_mrgreen.gif

I don't mind if you guys use my animations pack, just mention me somewhere  tounge2.gif

What's with the new smilies.

Edit: The pistol animations are not mine, just to clarify.

Yesh, pistol anims are Sanctuary's great work.

I still don't understand why you create another CWMOD instead of combining the two. "United we are strong" you know...

Anyways, looks great!

Believe there was a disagreement between Gavin and Urbs, not sure really.

@Wilco

Not really a disagreement as much as a different perspective on developing the mod, what to keep, what to ditch.

I think this current idea Gavin is doing will be very nice.

Especially due to all the Wild West addons people have been waiting for a long time.

CWMOD has no interest to expand into the Wild West area, instead it would rather focus on historic stuff, historic missions, islands, specific regimens of the Civil War, etc... Rather specific stuff for true Civil War enthusiasts.

I see Gavin's mod as more of a crowdpleaser, with something for everyone, a more cinematic story rather than a facual historic thingie. Civil War is only a part of it, while cowboys and indians, spaghetti westerns, etc are its main qualities and the part which is actually original.

Besides, I allowed him to use our weapons, scripts, anims, everything anyway. After all...it all came from this awsome community here, it should keep developing and going back to the community.

The longest post in history lol

//HISTORY

Yep well christ we had to bring mod politics here didnt we lol...

Yeah the basic story is, I was asked ages ago loads and loads by triglav to make their civil war units (months ago) while i was heading AIA with Klesk (for ww2, u remember)

Anyway u know how competitive ww2 modding is, and i always said to triglav, id try to find time to help his mod, but it never transpired, and it left a deep feeling of animosity of some in cwmod.

Okay go forward a few months, gavin retires from ww2, (after AIA is obliterated by the bigger ww2 boys) so I think back to a mod i wanted to start ages ago (if u check clint eastwood pics in cz.info lol) u will hear that a wild west mod was something i had planned aeons ago (Before even cwmod !)

Anyway I wanted to make civil war units too, but i thought um... there is a cwmod out there already, and that it would be sad just to make stuff like theres. Cos ill be honest (u can hate me for saying this fair enough) but cwmod was made mostly by inexperienced but ambitious addon makers. So i thought obviously (lol mind the tongue in cheek) that with my old ww2 contacts, that our new units would be much better than theres, hence it would be unkind to compete. So if we make them for cwmod, imagine how grateful they would be.

Of course they were not, triglav the author, was somewhat horrified at the prospect of me simply wiping off his old work and making it all over again, and since after all he was cwmod leader, he was within his right to say no which he did lol, to which i would say, but u know the new stuff will be better blah blah, and he would be noo nooo (and so we played a game of brinkmanship for ages, u know, just like the UN)

Sadly what happened, was a series of misunderstandings, (the best thing to call it) which led me to start making units in the belief that they would not 'replace' as in unit ids, but would be like a v2.0 cwmod etc. So there i am making all new models, textures, replacing everything from weapons to guys, to cannon textures to this and that.

Then Triglav, cwmod leader, retires (perhaps out of frustration as this is why most mod leaders retire ;)

So I take over cwmod, and recruit new staff, popka, zalmoxis and others (experienced ww2 addon makers some of them, going under different names) But many of the cwmod old guard seeing me as a pompous git who believes their old stuff is below par, and is gonna change everything, (perhaps perhaps)

So there i am, mr leader (for a while) hunky dorey, recruiting etc, then my exams came. So i was away for 2 - 3 wks, left regular msgs in a cwmod thread to say i am coming back. Alas, however the cwmod that frequent their forum thread, (the public face) kinda just got fed up cos i was taking too long to make stuff, and triglav, horrified at a rumour that all his addons were gonna be nuked again, rushed back, got his old job back (more or less) while old guard cwmod guys shook their fists at me "yeah we got uuu partner" etc.

Meanwhile the new guys i recruited, (who cos of our great organisation at cwmod went mostly unnoticed) never even got a say, but who lurked on my msn, said, hey gav make ur own mod.

But heres the challenge, cwmod makes stuff, (some of it using stuff id donated in fact from aeons ago) but that i had since worked on for weeks and weeks... So its in flux, so yeah triglav says he 'allowed' us, which is in one form of truth 'true' but what really happened, was Cwmod split, and i simply gave our half a different name.

Triglav was succesful in a coup lol, (and could only be so cos his old mod members wanted him back, so i dont blame him.) But because we are now sharing the weapons we have remodelled, retextured, and made new optics for, as well as all other objects (most completely replacing cwmod stuff, hence we're not editing from cwmod) we are still sharing with them many of our work. Probably cos we still have some of their stuff too.

So were not exactly throwing flowers in gratitude to cwmod, but at the same time neither are they for us. Yet ironically, we probably have better relations than most ww2 mods.

// THE MOD

Anyway, House Divided, is in principal quite similar to what Triglav says, All i'd add is that it is historically accurate, the inclusion of fictional characters is in a vehicle class of their own, does not discount from that, when you consider the enormous effort we've made to making authentic clothes, uniforms and armaments, and even custom map objects etc.

Of course cwmod will cater to civil war enthusiasts, but i believe House Divided will give them a serious run for their money on the whole 'civil war' front muhahaha, but triglav is right, we have a wider agenda, and that is the pre civil war wild west, and the mexican civil war (after us of course)

@Gavinthecat

i remember Hellfish6 wrote a little longer post about theyr mod storyline i think ;-)

@Wilco

Not really a disagreement as much as a different perspective on developing the mod, what to keep, what to ditch.

I think this current idea Gavin is doing will be very nice.

Especially due to all the Wild West addons people have been waiting for a long time.

CWMOD has no interest to expand into the Wild West area, instead it would rather focus on historic stuff, historic missions, islands, specific regimens of the Civil War, etc... Rather specific stuff for true Civil War enthusiasts.

I see Gavin's mod as more of a crowdpleaser, with something for everyone, a more cinematic story rather than a facual historic thingie. Civil War is only a part of it, while cowboys and indians, spaghetti westerns, etc are its main qualities and the part which is actually original.

Besides, I allowed him to use our weapons, scripts, anims, everything anyway. After all...it all came from this awsome community here, it should keep developing and going back to the community.

i like the way you think, looks like its more like a cooperation than competition smile_o.gif

Well that was an intresting insight into the story of the mod, cant wait for the 5 part novel on it and feature length film tounge2.gif

Any way, love the textureing job youve done on thoughs units very good job! And low poly also you say? I presume thats for mass amounts of infantry fighting...yay! biggrin_o.gif

O0o new emotions! pistols.gifhelp.gifbanghead.gif

Yep it is, theres more pics to link up, i must do it! must do it nowww! Also we have nearly made the first 'House of Ill Repute' addon for ofp. ;)

Pics of that today as well, and yep im just frank on the story of the mod because, lol its not a terrible story anyway (no real bad guys or anything so its cool)

Hehehe, frank and still a "pompous git" as you put it so well.

But yeah. It's not a terrible story really.  biggrin_o.gif

After all, we "inexperienced but ambitious addon makers" must be humble in presence of actual modding professionals.

And to everyone, yes Gavin did allow us to use some of his old stuff in making CWMOD, without which it would never be what it is today, lol.  

rofl.gif

I will always keep him in high regard, and listed as a valuable contributor on CWMOD page, for letting us use his:

-cowboy hat

-bayonet scabbard

-officer belt sash

-leggings

-blanket

notworthy.gif

(Gavin, please be so kind to corect me if I left anything out.)

And as I always say, we like to give back to this wonderful community what it gave to us (and as you'll see below it contributed a shitload of stuff), so CWMOD has no problem with him including in his mod and retexturing or reworking:

-about 10 rifles and 2 revolvers (made by Pickett and me)

-the whole musket system of a soldier holding 60 bullets that each has to be reloaded separately (brought about by CombatAgent, as we didn't find Gavin's system of semi-automatic muskets released with his Napoleonic soldier entirely historically accurate)

-clouds of gunpowder smoke (brought about by Corax and MrZig, adapted for CWMOD by BadAss)

-working bayonet system (developed by UKF mod, or maybe this was adapted by BadAss, I don't remember anymore...)

-custom anims (musket anims by Wilco and pistol anims by Sanctuary)

-civil war artillery (made by Pickett and me)

-ingame 1850's watch and compass (made by CombatAgent)

-various objects such as fences, tents, wagons (made by Pickett and me)

-models or textures of units, as I saw for instance in Gavin's screenies that he made very nice use of 1850's ladies models, and textures for the Maryland Zouaves (CWMOD models and textures are made by me, based on BIS models and textures system)

-and any other config or data systems that make the mod work...

CWMOD will be very thankful if anything of the above will be bettered in any way and used to the gaming amusement of OFP community, and if some systems/addons we have not managed to develop, will be shared with us.

By the latter I mean especially the development of ridable horses, swordfighting, 1850's railroad, houses and buildings from the period, etc...

So you see, it's very hard to speak of "ownership" when it comes to modding, as very few things are made entirely from scratch. Indeed cooperation is the way to go in addonmaking. So, thanks to all cooperators, past, present and future for making OFP comunity what it is.

@D.murphy man

You could make an OFP mod "Gavin vs. Triglav"  pistols.gif

I must say I like the bunting on the side of the "House of Ill Repute", no, I don't mean the White House, either. Your ladies lacking in virtue are very patriotic.

Yeah well lol er like i say triglav... old friend, hehe most of the stuff im talking about that were sharing with u guys is not just stuff weve adapted, which in turn is stuff uve adapted from other mods (in some cases not in most wink_o.gif

For example our bayonet scripting system is new and is based on the RK mod, (which we gained official permission to use) tho we'll be sharing that with ya too, (it dramatically reduces lag)

The custom anims are cool, but new ones are in construction that were sharing too, etc, its true a lot of the old stuff is a 'stop gap' but the new stuff made as in scripts, anims technology blah blah, were sharing with u guys too so its all good.

And just to point out, about the lady model lol alllll that stuff was done when i was in charge of cwmod for cwmod, lol so i didnt just make it for house divided, course i have it now lol, but hell i aint fussy about the ladies, if u wan em wink_o.gif

Basically anything 'new' made from the old stuff was made for cwmod, till i got 'jobby chucked' as we say in scotland, but were not that pernickity, i mean take the weapon models, weve remodelled most of the old ones, and the ones we have been 'kindly given' *cough* were the ones i got suckered into texturing over weeks (without thinking id get bummered by monkeys over)

Anyway im rambling, its all good, So yeah i can understand some cwmod grievances, but bless we all got those...

And yeah the amatuer - professional thing, well yeah, u guys at cwmod thrive on being amatuer, in the idea that anyone can join, anyone can do this or that, while im one of those evil people that like torture new members, and make em prove they can texture and model, work oxy and can code blah blah. Nothing wrong with it, were lucky to have 2 mods in this historical period now, especially tho their helping each other, in a kind of u know lol hateful way

http://img108.echo.cx/my.php?image=illrepute0xp.jpg

http://img275.echo.cx/my.php?image=pistols7bj.jpg

(now we can share for example these new pistols) annnnd the fun new optics, and who gets to do them? Meeeee sad_o.gif

As for map objects, well, weve only just started them yet, and its a lot of work going into that, so ull have to get us sweeties or something

Don't forget to rescale the Derringer, as it is now bigger than the other weapons tounge2.gif

This is all very interesting; One day I'll have to compile "The Grand History of the Operation Flashpoint Community" (Penguin, Å7.99, available at all good bookstores. And bad ones too). It's good that you and the CWMod are still on amiable terms Gavinthecat (though judging from certain parts of your posts you'd like some members to drop down maybe). The two of you (groups) have pretty much got a good chunk of pivotal American History covered, and hopefully your releases will reflect that. Good luck to you, Gavin. If I could model, script or texture I would gladly help you, so impressed am I wink_o.gif . Unfortunately, I can not (tho, as the sig says, I have a wee thing for history).

Well Harley u can always beta test, and lol lt hunter dont worry buddy the deringer is already rescaled (its just shown bigger in the pic to show ur lovely model baby wink_o.gif