Sign in to follow this  
POPKA

House Divided.

howdy,

how long till its ready ya reckon?

just tried out CW 1.2 and its pretty nice,

is the cavalry in this going 2 b basically the same?

howdy,

how long till its ready ya reckon?

just tried out CW 1.2 and its pretty nice,

is the cavalry in this going 2 b basically the same?

Yet again, reading the last few pages of a thread proves a lifesaver.

Quote[/b] ]We won't set actual deadlines, as all that will give you is a rushed product that is not as good as it could have been.

Well if ya found 1.2 cwmod pretty nice... wink_o.gif

Its impossible to know when this release will be finished exactly, but i can say approximately that an internalised team beta (which thread regulars can apply to join the team as beta testers) will be available within 2 months.

Considering the time it takes for modellers or texture artists to pump out this stuff at this standard (im not considering myself great in this addon making respect) then its understandable the time it takes etc.

But i will let you know, till then we like to keep you chaps posted.

The main differences with the cavalry is that we are looking to create a singularly animated horse + rider unit, as a temporary version we may make cavalry units utilising a similar scripting process currently in cwmod.

Oh what joy, just to keep you posted, ive been working on the units now, getting their lods top notch, and they are.

Basically you can run a lot of them without slowdown, and they look attractive at all ranges, why?

Well lol not just the er genius of zal and my textures haha but also cos of Lt HuNTeR's help with model lods.

Its not a thing u can see in any screenshot, but rest assured, the lods for these units (that once coded and object selected come to some 100+ so far) is a lot of work! You will im sure be pleased with the result.

Once these are finished, I will be either working on the special suggestions (of the 20 regiments) or finishing coding for artillery (most likely actually) and our 'injury system' animations.

Ah what the hell, heres a wee pic for u lads wink_o.gif

Some eye candy of the 1st Louisiana Zouaves (forgive any typos! lol)

Obviously all units have blood textures, (quite nasty sore looking ones at that) but injury has to be depicted more realistically than that, and since medics can't really 'cure' anyone in 10 secs like they can in ofp, and certainly not in our period setting, mortality must be represented better.

Hence it has been, as you can see in this picture, (and as is typical in the mod) during the fighting, men will live, die or lie injured - for some time (bout 40 secs) This is a simple adjusting of the cpp, no scripts etc.

There will be a new animation for injury (just stuck a stock one from the game for the pic.)

But its just to get your imaginations going i suppose wink_o.gif

zov-1.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Obviously all units have blood textures, (quite nasty sore looking ones at that)

thumbs-up.gif I like a nice bloody battlefield.

biggrin_o.gif

Hey there!

This year ending soon enough as today IS the final day of it so I'm wishing you guys:

A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope your mod is going to be as great as all the posted pics suggest - if it is it is going to be mindblowing! Keep up the good work!

Yours,

LONGSTREET

Good morning! Yeah i know lol Longstreet ur not the first to say 'if our mod is as good as it looks etc' your gonna get me paranoid about the hype lol!

Well basically i think so far its coming along really well, and u guys will soon get a chance to sign up to join our mod as beta testers and comrades in arms etc.

Was working the other day on the artillery, mortars etc, and yep they'll fire custom cannon balls that you'll see gliding thru the sky towards the enemy aieee

Now that triglav and picket have retired from cwmod, I will be a little more candid in talking about our development in relation to our shared foundation with cwmod (as im guessing that their release is to be the last.) and i mean that only in terms of technical descripts and boring but interesting things, not like omg our mod is sooo much cooler than theres bs etc.

In fact, any cwmod members would be useful ONLY if triglav doesnt need them anymore, if they want to help out here.

I'd also encourage those folks wanting to join in the discussion of the civil war mod from theres to come over too, and help craft the development of this one (which is certainly here to stay)

Okay, someone emailed me and i lost the addy after deleting it oops, asking about the range of normal confederate soldiers we have.

lol seems zoauves just doesnt exciiite ya huh kid? hehe

Right, House Divided has 21 custom units thru alteration and object selections etc, (still with tasty run fast lods) for 'basic' confederate soldiers.

That is 21 basic and different rebs, and these are in 2 groups in the editor also. And in each group theres more than 4 types of musket i think, its a real mish mash o' these boys.

There are some more regular groups of course for the rebs too.

Anyway i thought i would show a picture of them all, they are partly obsured by the new weapons. (again remember lads, 60 faces!!!wink_o.gif all automatic, all random, so u'll make some new friends with these lads.

Finally, the post effect (if u notice it on this pic) is an optional dll keg (like conspiracies) except ours is dirty, that is OPTIONAL but makes the game attractive, and will be in the download for those who want it.

Finally, these units sum up to me, more the realities of that war, its grim, horrible, dirty reality, the union troops will be getting dirtier too (not as bad as these poor guys tho)

civ2.jpg

Cannons are getting recoded, cos from the cwmod days, they were coded in such a way that they would not attack other cannons really (and without the optics) you couldnt aim them by sights, as you well know, so we'll add those too.

So then they'll get a recoding, incidentally the coehorn already has, and uses two crew now instead of one.

Anyway heres a pic of the artillery with the keg effects.

civ3.jpg

Just to let you boys know, that the injury anim is done now.

So when u get hit if u aint dead (and it aint just a light flesh wound) you hit the dirt in agony, and there for about 40 seconds (maybe a little more) you writh in pain, your body trembles... you grab your face, you perch yourself up, you check your leg... you finally stagger up (if nobody shoots or bayonets u while ur out of it.)

It works great, ah shucks ill make a wee pic to show u lads what i mean...

injur.jpg

EDIT//

Thought why the hell not add another pic (btw tho it says 12 lol, its not 11 as i post this, i wouldnt actually spend my new year posting here for u scum! lol)

*ahem*

Right so, heres a great example of the horror... shrapnel of high explosives tears into these poor buggers, leaving them mutilated... some dead... but as you can see... others dying (yep... that is still alive)

These are almost grimly common scenes with the new injury system, anims and artillery coding

injur2.jpg

Now THAT is what I'm talking about.

My one big gripe with the CW mod was basically no dirt/death.

I dont want to sound like a sicko but the civil war wasnt as clean and nice as CW mod made it look.

I have total respect for their mod and the work they did but this is more my taste.  thumbs-up.gif

Wow canadian terror saying something positive for once!

lol actually i couldnt agree with u more, definately dirty and bloody combat is the way to go, so i think you will particularly appreciate the graphic and realistic nature of the combat exuded in the mod.

So this damn injury animation is fun to make... some 1 million frames or something hrmph...

If someone wants to do me a favour, they can take the pics of these muskets, and damage anims posted recently (and the units) and post em to cz.info for us, talking about our progress?

looking very good! I wonder why no one has come up with such a system earlier. or did I miss something AGAIN!? banghead.gif

If someone wants to do me a favour, they can take the pics of these muskets, and damage anims posted recently (and the units) and post em to cz.info for us, talking about our progress?

Done smile_o.gif

Love those injury anims, it's going to be as amusing as is waiting for an enemy to load his revolver and then shoot him in CWMOD to let the poor bastard lay on the ground in his pain and then shoot him.

OMG well er..... lets just forget those injury anims cos... they werent that good anyway...

(slight accident has occured)...

Um... okay well who wants neeewww injury anims? Will er update soon on that *screams*

Oh thanx Dynamite Cow much appreciated my lad wink_o.gif

And as regards to this sytem not being done before, well i am surprised too! But well, we'll just go pioneer this ourselves won't we wink_o.gif

WOW! House Divided making something that hasn't been done before? crazy_o.gif

Just kidding, thou I'm gonna keep bitching you until I get $1,000,000 into my bank account.

Whhhaaat tell that to the ww2 mods brother!

Anyway we can't afford 1 mil dollars, so instead ill have to get u paid in ferret jobbies! But till then *rubs dirty palms* eewww

Just kidding, thou I'm gonna keep bitching you until I get $1,000,000 into my bank account.

Like the search for the Holy Grail, this will take you a lifetime as well yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]Wow canadian terror saying something positive for once!

Don't be so negative on him, I'd rather have 3 critics then 500 asskissers in this thread whistle.gif

hey id rather have 500 ass kissers man! Its the last time i go to bangkok hotel party tho thats for sure ewww...

Anyway the newer animation is done, i'll post pics tnite.

Like the search for the Holy Grail, this will take you a lifetime as well yay.gif

Well I did find some golden pot with crosses and coloured stones in it... I couldn't find any use to it so I peed to it.

I could be all nice and positive and tell people that units are great when they look like crap but I dont think that does anyone any good.

I'd rather praise the good stuff and bash constructively where it's needed.

There's a balance there eh. smile_o.gif