Sign in to follow this  
POPKA

House Divided.

lol hey gav could you give us a progress report on the special units? if you have started them of course wink_o.gif anyway still loving that steamboat keep up the good work laddies smile_o.gif

Cheers,

Biv

Alright Biv, your gonna love this, but forgive me, the special units (the twenty we collected) will not be included in the first release.

Now before you guys go nuts let me explain, the first release is actually not that far away now, its pretty close, so we dont want to go delaying that for another twenty units huh.

Also the second release won't be even a quarter as long as it took to make the first release, (cos hell we'll have everything in place' and that will focus all around on those cool ships, the extra regiments, and a second island.

The french occupation next phase, will not be the second update to the mod, but more of a third phase, after the update

what would be cool,, I mean really cool,,,

is if you could make and Island with a water-way (mississippi)

going through it. A north south side if you will,,,, then put a railroad along both sides and curve inland a ways.

I could see it now,,, rail-cars with cannons mounted and full of troops. that would be an epic battle,,,,,

The Mississippi would play into the west scene also,,, Once the cowboys tore it up in Kansas,,, they took a rail to Kansas city then road a steamboat to Texas and Louisiana into the french quarter....

I would be all over it ( former map maker DDz Bloodhound) but I am wrapped up in this movie deal for the next months...

then I can get enough money to help my (over-the-pond allies) and go international.

keep up the excellent work men,,, I'll be in the bathroom..

Well its coming along well, the next update will be more stuff for the map (more houses and things but the map won't take too long to do)

The horse and cavalry of course require some work.

The campain needs to be started, but you guys know that won't take absolute ages either.

Overall it could go faster (but im in the middle of exams right now) but after that (a few days - week) We'll be back up to speed wink_o.gif with regular updates and juicy bits phwoar

Nice, just discovered this mod smile_o.gif

Probably asked plenty of times before, but how long will it take until a first release?

Probably asked plenty of times before, but how long will it take until a first release?
Quote[/b] ]So in all lads, we are getting to a relatively advanced stage!
Quote[/b] ]Now before you guys go nuts let me explain, the first release is actually not that far away now, its pretty close

And no one is crazy enough to give anyone an exact date whistle.gif

I have to ask thing about revolver animation. In cwmod its cool but its so annoying that you cant move during the reloading or stop it and the reloading takes time. So could it be possible to leave the animation but you could move during that. And other thing is revolver shooting animation is cool but the left hand behind back is little stupid maybe the other hand could be just hanging in air(if you know what I mean just like in westerns)

Well yeah Sika i couldnt agree more, go back a few pages (maybe about 10) and you'll find we made our own pistol animations some time ago. wink_o.gif

Yep I found it, Looking good! but how about reloading thingy?

btw is there coming any time period house(saloon,barber,jail,small shop,weaponshop?) and any indians? Yes im more exited about wild west things that civil war but both are welcome.

Yeah there will be wild west component especially with the larger map that won't be in the first release.

However, lol, our wild west is not a cartoonish depiction, it will be a realisation of the most 'extreme' events stylised for our fictional storyline, but regardless, we want our players to feel true grit in their mouths lol. So anyone expecting pink jackets and shiney spurs might want to shoot themselves haha.

But if you like spaghetti westerns haha then that is okay (cos bar the innacuracies due to budget restraints) these films with at the time, hugely contraverisal levels of violence, were seen, at that time as more realistic than hollywood.

Anyway, before you all complain that the wild west wasnt always a blood bath just remember, in ww1 it wasnt a blood bath on the island of fuji (but nobodies making a mod about that are they...)

As regards to the reload anims, no, the idiot unit will not reload every single cartridge / bullet individually into this gun...

Yeah all those period houses will be included too, but don't expect them all to be enterable, (if i had to model a barbers interior... and this an that the mod would never be finished lol)

(if i had to model a barbers interior... and this an that the mod would never be finished lol)

Like you even could tounge2.gif

Some more special (storyline) buildings will get an interiour, but alot of regular houses are not worth making fully functionable.

in ww1 it wasnt a blood bath on the island of fuji (but nobodies making a mod about that are they...)

Hmmm.... interesting.

It'd better be! tounge2.gif

The Hunley is now also fully lodded, but Gavin has exams, so some things have slowed down. Good thing he'll be working again on the mod from thursday onwards.

Hallelujah! Finally all the models + lods for the first release are done! Quite an achievement considering I did most of them myself with the exception of some weaponmodels and the standard infantry models.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

As long as there is the enterable saloon, the whiskey bottles and my ol' good LeMat I'm happy. Well a general store would be cool too, but the saloon is way more important. At least in 11 different variants.

Oh well you heart the man Lt HuNTeR

No, but I am going to hurt him whistle.gif

And I don't listen to what any fan has to say anyway according to ... ''some'' fans, so ''#!&@ @! %$@'' biggrin_o.gif

I think Shinkansen has already done a saloon (or at least a building that looks like it, and can easily be converted whistle.gif )

good work. Now i'm off to watch Cold Moutain, A fistfull of Dollers, A Few Dollers more and The Good The bad and The Ugly pistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gif

yep Marcus probably about 4 weeks to go i think roughly for the internalised team beta, but ull be able to sign up for that tho buddy wink_o.gif And yeah Conner u better!

lol Lt HuNTeR i know what u mean!

Well guys, the horse is getting sorted out and animated by Gavin. The final version will be desaturated a bit, as the textures are not yet final, and the alpha channeling on the tail will be fixed as well.

(Horse by Zalmoxis and Gavin)

HDV_Horse1.jpg

HOT DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!11111one that rocks! notworthy.gif

be sure to make the horse's neck move back and forth, and the tail move to biggrin_o.gif anywas, nice work gents! notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif