Sign in to follow this  
POPKA

House Divided.

you do realise the SA80 isnt british? huh.gif yeah the birtish army uses it, but it was made by the swedes....wasnt it? crazy_o.gif

Wildo

It's British alright; Enfield SA-80. Although the current model has been improved by H&K.

EDIT: Sorry for the OT, I just needed to restore the glory of my homecountry, we might make useless tanks, and planes that crash alot. But crappy firearms, no way José!

just one jast comment....the challenger II MBT is a good tank and the tornado gr4 and f3 are good planes. What were you planning to put on this site then?

you do realise the SA80 isnt british? huh.gif yeah the birtish army uses it, but it was made by the swedes....wasnt it? crazy_o.gif

Wildo

It's British alright; Enfield SA-80. Although the current model has been improved by H&K.

EDIT: Sorry for the OT, I just needed to restore the glory of my homecountry, we might make useless tanks, and planes that crash alot. But crappy firearms, no way José!

Useless Tanks?

Are you insane?

He was talking about the insinuation that the SA80 weapons system was made by Sweden.

Enough OT for now!

Roll on Civil War mod; I'm sure Gavin and Lt HuNTeR will reveal in due course whatever little surprises they might have in store, and NOT before they're ready.

Go spam your own thread or something mad_o.gif

Where are the moderators when you do need them help.gif

Quote[/b] ]Roll on Civil War mod; I'm sure Gavin and Lt HuNTeR will reveal in due course whatever little surprises they might have in store, and NOT before they're ready.

Do you know any modteam that will reveal it's easter eggs themselves? No, and so neither will we reveal the (handfull) of easter eggs. Only a handfull, as we are a serious mod thumbs-up.gif

If you want to see/use them then you'll need to find them.

Just a tiny little update:

We (me) are working on the HDV website. It won't be anything really amazing, just a place where you can find links for the newest HDV releases, information about the team, the readme(s), license agreement and a link to the forum (this topic).

It will be launched when we feel it needs to be launched. Probably during our large mediaoffensive codenamed ''Operation Headbutt'' by Gavin.

This was an alternative to the erotic related bumbutt media campaign suggested by Lt HuNTeR that I think would have been faaar too exciting for most OFP community members wink_o.gif

phwoar!

Anyway just to keep u posted, at the moment the horsie is getting different paintworks and getting rigged up with its riders and a bit of code. Thanks to picket and others who originated this, we are now trying to hone it a little further and add a few new / replace some anims etc.

This is time consuming sadly, but not so time consuming that an update won't be coming soon wink_o.gif

What no cries of glory? no hot girls on the thread offering me 'comfort editing' or nothing... just me, having to reply to my own thread! How sad sad_o.gif haha

Righto, im gonna post some pics of the cavalry, were slowly getting there but heres a question.

Right, now i edited the old horse and other anims, using new models, new anims, using some of the older one, - and cool enuf ill be sharing these with mods too, but my point is this.

Do we want cavalry firing carbines and pistols and using swords?

I think the answer is yeah sure... but the work would mean delaying the release?

So cavalry firing pistols on horses, carbines when dismounted (will use pistols at close range tho) Would that be ok for release 1? Then add more to release 2?

Let me know wink_o.gif

Not that quality is an issue with the House Divided Mod, but you might as well get the job done right first time - not various updates over such an amazing length of time like CW Mod to bring their result up to scratch.

I'm sure the followers of the mod will be willing to wait the extra time so you get everything ironed out. I know I am.

I'll edit this post to keep track of the results. Atm it's:

Initial release [1 - 7] Updates

More results gathered from an MSN group convo.

Yup just to clarify gents its not a case that the cavalry would be released with 'less abilities' per unit. See cavalry when u pick them in the editor will probably be -

So while your unit might have a carbine and a pistol dismounted, when on the horse the unit will fire from 1 type (and with that type of anim.)

Carbine

Pistol

Melee

So these are 3 types of unit, and if i make the pistol unit for the first release, then that will save time, and if we want all 3 types of cavalry unit, it will take another 2 weeks probably wink_o.gif

Personally I think it would be better to add them to the update (with the rest of the extra regiments blah blah) but I respect Harleys point of course.

2:1

All right, I think the decision is clear enough. 7 people would like to see the carbine and sword anims included in an update (which will also bring you our very customized HDV island + campaign, requested regiments, more weapons, the few suprises, and bugfixes where needed).

Thanks to everyone who voted thumbs-up.gif

Yeah an update sounds fine, I can wait. wink_o.gif

Alright you commando's and ladies, the horses are now done, *drumroll* the infantry are done *drum roll*

The weapons are 99% done haha, needing the odd sound or um, half an optic or something.

The only addons needing done really are a few map objects here and there, (the only real addon for this release left is a horse carriage for army transport, and the texturing of a tent or two.)

Leaving us with the campaign... so progress is 'AAaaaaa' okay wink_o.gif

Everything by me (ooh, that has a nice ring to it inlove.gif )

Those with a connection worth mentioning can click here for a version without JPEG mutilation.

HDV_ArtistImp1.jpg

The grass/road are not going to be in House Divided, whatever is left is.

Alright boys, though im not really trying to add lots of units till the update expansion pack, i did add these at the last sec.

This was a requested unit by BIV,

the 4th Texas Volanteers, with their black hats, their black trouser and jacket trims, (sleeves too) and they are as requested very dirty. (i decided to give em shoes tho) but they are all armed with the 1855 springfield too, (except there is also a sharpshooter, a corporal and a pistol armed sarge too - tho he has a musket as well.)

tex.jpg

This mod looks extremely good.

Is there an overview of all the units that will be included?

HAHAHAHAHA!! YES! Some special units! biggrin_o.gif

I never thought I would see them so soon, looks like you did a good job. Are you planning on releasing those with the first edition? If so, are there any others you will be releasing?

Cheers,

Biv thumbs-up.gif

Yup thanx lads for all contributing to the thread! Some new faces too welcome to the thread triniton and Deagle! and a wee visit from conners of the ww1 mod, how close are u lads to release now? haha wink_o.gif

Its great to hear response, and it keeps the mod teams morale up to have you guys give support etc, it makes em all work that bit harder wink_o.gif

Right now a unit overview will be coming soon, in the form of a pdf online booklet encyclopedia, that has been made by a professional graphic designer, (helps if one works for you haha) and this will feature descriptions of all the units, weapons, the map and the campaign and also suggestions for the ofp application of certain units, weapons and regiments, so you guys know who are the uber guys who are the normal and what guns are great for what wink_o.gif

Biv there is a possibility, I will do a wee bit more to the texans as well, as their a bit of a fav of mine at the moment. They will be released with the first edition also wink_o.gif  

I am also considering adding a very subtle 'bonus' ability to special regiments, now these would be subtle and not overwhelming, but it would include some regiment types being able to move slightly faster (like 5%) over land, others being very slightly more tough as well.

In anycase we're getting there lads, the addons for the release are almost done. We're onto things like compass and improved GUI and other tit bits.

You lads will not have to wait for the campaign to get finished before getting to sign up and join the mod as a beta tester (though that has some responsibilities) which will happen in about 2 or 3 weeks.

Alright heres a nice sneak peak at our carriage, there will be two types, one driven by two horses (for infantry etc) and one by 4 horses, carrying heavier supplies.

The model by Lt HuNTeR , and textures by Zalmoxis.

car.jpg