Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

UK Desert(ed) troops = BLEED 1.0

I suggest you change your attitude,SFWanabe.

A tone like that being rude and telling someone to shut up is not tolerated around here.

@BB;

What camo cover do the para's have? Is it the current 2-color desert or the old 5-color desert. Not that I want to see anything changed, but I'm just interested. The reason I ask is because I've seen pictures of british para's during Operation Telic (GWII) who still had 5-color desert camo-covers. A lot of them had them. I'm not sure if this is common for para's, but it's quite interesting. Marines and Army all had the current camo-covers btw.

Did you see my post with the picture of the helmet (previous page), btw?

edit; hmm, I just noticed that photobucket is down so you can't view the picture. Should be running again in a couple of hours, though.

These units are just so frecking elite, once I got my OFP up and running again I'll be making some missions already for them. Some nice desert recon missions in Salang, maybe in Afghan Everon too(but I usually use that map for all out USMC attacks)

Hmm no I suggest you use afghan everon and also how about I fly the Lynx? smile_o.gifblues.gif

Scud hunting it tis...

Also I wonder how the units look against 1024x1024 textures on islands like Homeland...

Also I wonder how the units look against 1024x1024 textures on islands like Homeland...

they don't; you can't see them tounge_o.gif

BB posted some screenshots from the units on the old afghanistan map and they were almost invisible. The british camo is very good!

@@cero (@@?  biggrin_o.gif ) - Team formations regarding Paras

The normal team formations of The Paras is very well documented in manual of P:UKF. I myself wouldn't know. Will create basic groups and squads to use in the editor because P:UKF goes for authentic platoon and section setups - I don't. I will ofcourse check out the most common setups and use...

This project never had any intention of outshining P:UKF's extremely detailed and fine work. It's an addition - or alternate road if you will.

@Cpt. FrostBite - 2 or 5 color schemes

My guess? 2 coloured. That's what I'm using and sticking to.

...yep I saw the helmet pic. Looking into it right now.

@SFwanabe - MG usage or not?

Using support weapons from my UK friends. Thought it was clear by now... confused_o.gif

@Pathy - BAS solution on the anim subject

wow_o.gif ... I-AM-A-TOTAL-WA***R for not checking that last post. Looking into it right now.

Too bad - i really had big plans on naming this addon:

A.R.S.E (Absent of Reliable Script Enhancements). Not too late tho... biggrin_o.gif

Hope it helps, would love to see that bergen feature on the units! smile_o.gif

Shortest update in history: Helmets fixed - Less eggshaped now.

Shortest update in history: Helmets fixed - Less eggshaped now.

picture, picture, picture... wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

thumbs up! icon14.gif

Just because it's interesting; a picture of a british pare using a 5-color desert helmet-cover. The entire unit seems to have used those during Operation Telic. Could be used by all airborne units, but I don't know really. Just looks funny, since this type of camouflage is quite old AFAIK (from before GWI)

PICTURE

again: I don't want to ask you to change anything. I just thought it's interesting. It's like a brtish version of the old US 6-color desert patern, but using the DPM pattern as a base. Very interesting and almost no information can be found about it.

You brits need a lesson in making unit patches. tounge_o.gif A plain green patch just dont cut it. crazy_o.gif

That's a DZ patch, not a unit patch. Simply tells you which para battalion he's from.

We have the best capbadges though tounge_o.gif

That's a DZ patch, not a unit patch. Simply tells you which para battalion he's from.

We have the best capbadges though tounge_o.gif

Still though,you gotta have something alittle bit more mean looking than just a green patch. wink_o.gif BTW Nice picture and I cant wait for the units Blackblood. wink_o.gif

Still though,you gotta have something alittle bit more mean looking than just a green patch. wink_o.gif

I guess the british para's find it best to be mean, instead of just looking mean tounge_o.gif

Very nice job Blackblood! Can't wait to play with these units! smile_o.gif

EDIT: Blackblood: Om du är i Stockholm nĺgon gĺng ska jag bjuda dig pĺ en folköl* tounge_o.gif

*Translation: Incoherent Swedish dravel, pronounce it just like the Swedish chef from the muppet show does.

Quote[/b] ]I guess the british para's find it best to be mean, instead of just looking mean
Well they are one of the best para units in the world next to the 82nd airborne. Nobody can match them. biggrin_o.gif

Nah, the best!

Keep up the good work BB... seriously man, i can't wait for some desert brits to be released!

Hi, once that the weapons field have been perfectly cleared by you, balckblood... (that i still thinking that the Kabal's Sniper pack it's better that the RSKL, and JAM_Mag2 Compatible) if u gonna ad d the "camo face" option, there will be possible to include a "clean face" option?, that will turn back to the cutom face?. That'll be very fanzy. Let's cu

Nah, the best!

crazy_o.gif

SFWannabe stop tryin to start this thred into a "WHICH COUNTRY HAS A BETTER ARMY TOPIC"

on two occasions on this page alone you are trying to provoke people into which debating about the capabilities of paratroopers of various countires and why yours is better

Riiiight dont post unless it's something important,ok new boy?

I suggest you change your attitude,SFWanabe.

A tone like that being rude and telling someone to shut up is not tolerated around here.

@SFWanabe

I think your latest post is just another way to tell someone to shut up. Like Shadow already told you; that's not allowed around here. Your last post can also be seen as flame-baiting.

I suggest you stop posting like you do and start posting construtive stuff. Be nice, be good, have good time around here. Alright? smile_o.gif

I don't want to bash you, but I want to put this to an end before we really start a flame war around here. Flame wars don't do any good to anyone smile_o.gif

Riiiight dont post unless it's something important,ok new boy?

SF, you'll find your stay on the BIForums alot more pleasent if you don't try to provoke other members into going into an off topic discussion, provoking them such as now, and not becoming a nuisance for moderators.

or placebo will PWN you! rofl.gif

OMFG those new emoticons are wicked! yay.gif

Sorry lets carry on with the topic gents!