Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

UK Desert(ed) troops = BLEED 1.0

Pathy, that flashing picture thing in your post's is realy getting on my nerves!Sorry to be so blunt old chap but it's affecting me being able to read the other post's

BB, I'm not sure if it's the photoshopping of the picture you posted, but I think the helmets aren't deep enouugh, look at this pic:

HELMET-BRIT-KEVLAR1.JPG

BB, I'm not sure if it's the photoshopping of the picture you postedbut I think the helmets aren't deep enouugh...

Hmm...yes you're right. Thing is - I'm done modelling. It's shipping time. But yeah I could take a look and see if I can make some last minute changes.

No promises tho...

About choice of weapons:

SAS units:

JAM2 weapons (BIS defaults and P:UKF)

Paras & RMC:

P:UKF's weapons with JAM2 mags

...this is to keep the 'required addons' list as short as possible.

As of now the list looks like this:

JAM2

ukf_ukweps.pbo (from P:UKF's UK pack)

ukf_slmg.pbo (from P:UKF's UK pack)

stupid.8.jpg

Hi, about the weapons of the units... what about the hand guns?; was a bit weird to check that no UKF unit used any hand gun. I thug that i was for keep the addon dependencies to the minime... but what about too of sniper riffles?, the whole JAM_Mag2 sounds suck in my opinion; if i'll had to choose i'll chose all this to fill those emty fields: Shypboy SIG-P226 v1.1 , ADF Troops & Weapons v1.1 & the Kabal's Sniper Rifles , using the ADF weapons, this units will be ADF weapons compatible, JAM_Mag2 & they'r equipment will fit the real SASR/SAS weaponry. But yes, the addons list and the Mb size will shoot straight to the roof using all that.

hahaq nice pic BB but as ive stated many times and im proably nto done this units look fantastic and i cant wait to d/l and use them in many a mission im sure to think up cant wait to use these bad boys till my computer melts down tounge_o.gif

...just one daunting task before release...the config.

Never realized that if i were to include every thinkable aesthetic configuration, the class in the game editor would comprise of about 400+ different units. Imagine scrolling thru that list...

Therefor some units will only appear once or twice with a certain wear.

For example: Only support units in Para, RMC and SAS gets booniehats. I think BAS did something similar.

It's really not a problem - just takes time finishing the config file.

...Oh and sorry for the americanized expression "boonie" and not "bush hat"... blush.gif

BB, I'm not sure if it's the photoshopping of the picture you postedbut I think the helmets aren't deep enouugh...

Hmm...yes you're right. Thing is - I'm done modelling. It's shipping time. But yeah I could take a look and see if I can make some last minute changes.

No promises tho...

Indeed it doens't look round enough from the side. It's really a football (soccer) cut in half with a camo-cover tounge_o.gif

On you screen I can't really say if it's not deep enough or just too flat. I don't think it should cover more of the soldiers head, but that it jusat should be a bt rounder.

Look at the following picture for a good impression of the helmet and it's postition on the head;

OIF: Op Telic picture

Blackblood, might I recommend you use Kabal's L85 Pack instead?

They are an independent addon, so they would be easier to have required than the entire UKF DPM pack, and they look easily as good as them. They are also as much compatible, since they also use JAM magazines as well as kabal's own mags. You can issue your soldiers either one. The pack includes all the weapons that should be needed for infantry combat.

EDIT: For snipers I would also suggest the RKSL Sniper weapons pack, as someone pointed out before. And syphboy's 226s would be the "pricken över i" tounge_o.gif

Cocking handle is wrong on A2's and SA80 K has no Rail under barrel (or did that get taken off??). Also no minimi or GPMG included for the people who want to pretend to be Leet SAS. Anyway, im sounding too much like tankieboys "armchair expert" so ill shut up tounge_o.gif

gcs00084pt.th.jpg

PUKF

gcs00092de.th.jpg

...was a bit weird to check that no UKF unit used any hand gun.

well I'm sorry but for reasons stated in previous post I really can't post pics of every aspect of this addon.

P226.jpg wink_o.gif

...issued to every SAS bloke and included in the PBO.

...and I've put a request to use RKSL's snipers bundled.

...feels like i'm trying to explain things that will come to light soon enough. So in order to find some time to finish this project off instead of typing like a maniac in here i give you an excerpt from the README:

In order to provide support this side of the century for our middle-east US guys, I've decided

to release this addon as is.

Why not call it BETA and why posting here?

Because they're done - model and texture wise. But has issues that with given timeframe won't be addressed until christmas 2015...

...and if no one feels like contributing, it will probably be the final version before OFP2 or ArA.

That's right. I'm turning my sad puppy-eyes to you lot! If you think you can fix any or all of the issues - go baby go. No one's stopping you.

ISSUES THAT MADE THIS PROJECT COME TO A GRINDING HALT:

1) MP functionality.

I'm a complete idiot when it comes to MP scripting. The random appearence and ammobearer scripts has a ?/? chance of working in MP.

2) The ammobearer script.

In order to make highly individual bergen loadouts, I used dummy animations as switches. It worked fine...until I noticed that any AI using this didn't animate s**t unless you had him on visual range and gave him a good stare.

Seems like anims have a need-to-know priority ingame. Human players can use it tho. Open for suggestions...

ISSUES THAT CAN BE FIXED BUT HALTED DUE TO TIME CONSTRAINT:

-----------------------------------------------------------

-Lightskinned arms and hands regardless of facial skin colour.

Fix:Make lowerarms and hands 'Xicht.paa" (SEBNam style)

You have to dig in every LOD, all in all about 40-50(!) and don't forget to tag 'em with a USER 1 in properties.

-MP. Pretty much anything involving using these lads in MP. Especially Random units and ammobearers.

Fix: ?

...so peeps, this is my suggestion. Treat this as a SEMI-OPEN ADDON.

You are FREE to tweak and submit suggestions, improvements on config/script level.

You are NOT FREE to 'borrow' or tweak any polys or textures without permission - as of now that is. Bound to change sooner or later...

Will be back on that topic.

I will check this thread at a minimum once a day and provide you with updates and/or solutions with full credit to anyone it may concern.

And if this evolves into nothing - well at least you have a UK desert addon to play around with...

INCLUDES:

-Singleplayer versions and experimental MP units.

-RMC, PARA and SAS in desert and desert/DPM scheme.

-Sig Sauer P226

-A lowprofile laser designator (no tripod). Thanx BAS for the idea of using two p3d's.

-Two different SAS models with applied randomness. I personally recommend latest addition: SAS2.

-Paras in berets, helmets, webbing and assaultvests.

-RMC's in berets, helmets and webbing.

-An unspecified desert unit (webbing+helmet) simply called 'UK Soldier'

-A bonus unit, and not very desert. Check the 'readme'.

-Four customizable ammobearer loads each with 4 slots:[9x ammotype1,9x ammotype2, 4x ammotype3, 2x ammotype4]

Default loadouts (global arrays that can be altered):

BLB_BERGENLOAD_I  ["JAM_W556_30Bmag","JAM_M433grenade","Pipebomb","LAWLau

ncher"]

BLB_BERGENLOAD_II ["JAM_W556_30Bmag","JAM_M433grenade","Mine","JAM_W556M_

200mag"]

BLB_BERGENLOAD_III ["JAM_W556_30mag","JAM_M433grenade","Pipebomb","LAWLaun

cher"]

BLB_BERGENLOAD_IV ["JAM_W556_30mag","JAM_M433grenade","Mine","JAM_W556M_2

00mag"]

Example (input in any INIT field):

BLB_BERGENLOAD_II = ["LMG","M21","Smokegrenade","LAW"] <--- (9x LMG mag, 9x M21 mags, 4 Smokegrenades, 2 LAWS)

Units wearing the ammobergen are able to:

- drop ordered ammo

- drop bergen (a bergen-shaped ammocrate with the current loadout spawns on the ground)

...told you this will scare some of you guys off... rock.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Don't get me wrong - they DO work fine in SP.

Sue me if you want but real life gives me a royal beating. Speaking of real life. Gotta go for now. Thanx for the kind words everyone! /BB

Weapons can always be added via the mission editor, I prefer addon requirements to be kept to a minimum. To be honest most of you requesting for this and that to be added would probably put them in the mission editor, play for 10 minutes and never look back.

Im sure mission editors, squads etc. who are going to be using these on a daily basis will want the required addons kept down.

I prefer the aussie SAS units made by Saber and Skeg. No offence blackblood but they just rule!!!!! biggrin_o.gif

Blackblood, might I recommend you use Kabal's L85 Pack instead? They are an independent addon, so they would be easier to have required than the entire UKF DPM pack

..ouch just spotted your suggestion on the way out. You don't need the entire UKF dpm pack. Just the pbo's mentioned earlier. But be a good chap and keep the entire UKF's pack in your addon folder since it's top notch. smile_o.gif

I prefer the aussie SAS units made by Saber and Skeg. No offence blackblood but they just rule!!!!! biggrin_o.gif

...guess who's BETA body structure they based it on... biggrin_o.gif

Read the credit lines...  blush.gif

But yeah - they're mighty cool!

can not one topic pass without the mention of the SAS?

well done blackblood, i can see that you have spent a lot of time and effort on it, you just need a "mini-me" to continue on smile_o.gif

Compared to these... you gotta be kidding!

(no offence to skeg and sabre)

Great Job blackblood, don't rush now!

can not one topic pass without the mention of the SAS?

well done blackblood, i can see that you have spent a lot of time and effort on it, you just need a "mini-me" to continue on smile_o.gif

Cant you just shut up? confused_o.gif

Compared to these... you gotta be kidding!

(no offence to skeg and sabre)

Great Job blackblood, don't rush now!

ok ok they're about the same. tounge_o.gif

hows bout we stop arguing about sas this and sas dont do that let the man finish give him so big props when he releases them and then give him the best appreciation by using the units to the fullest and make missions for the community to appreciate the work and time put into this addon by BB

thats my rant im done now

tounge_o.gif

-btw if u feel the need to flame me then go ahead

Cocking handle is wrong on A2's and SA80 K has no Rail under barrel (or did that get taken off??).  Also no minimi or GPMG included for the people who want to pretend to be Leet SAS.  Anyway, im sounding too much like tankieboys "armchair expert" so ill shut up  tounge_o.gif

http://img298.echo.cx/my.php?image=gcs00084pt.jpg

PUKF

gcs00092de.th.jpg

Quote[/b] ]can not one topic pass without the mention of the SAS?

You are getting off the handle pal, you are instigating, provocating, and I don't think the mods here will be to pleased, so get a life and stop ranting.

USCG pilot 12, why would anybody have a flame on to you? Don't worry mate. I may can not express my self in English 100%, but I can read very well. Sorry to make people misunderstand my opinions and what ever, but shit happens, I'll think more next time I post.

BB, I'm not going to ask you any questions, I'll just wayt and see.

About the Paras ( see? not the SAS), and this is a general Q to anyone who knows. What is the normal team formations? like, what units in a squad, and what squads in a company?

Thanks in advance.

@CERO.

BB, with regards to one of the bugs you say ground work to a halt, i think it was 2) Anim states or whatever.

There was an answer posted on BI forums by one of the BAS crew, i suggest you search the last few pages of the former topic! smile_o.gif

Hey Blackblood,will you be having an MGs in your pack if so what kind?

im really looking forward to them. i cant wait to use the marines in some coop missions