Sign in to follow this  
ruff

Afganeveron map v1.0 and AfganPack v1.2

what i meant about west and res getting hostile houses is not only a couple of red houses in radar....try auto-cycle through targets and you will get most houses to lock, i hope this is fixed in the future.

that is right, a missobservation on my part, i dont even think they appear in the radar, but only appear as marked once the autotarget cycling is used

EDIT:this gate cant be used by the AI, even though it is very large they refuse to enter, some places are "locked up" with two of these gates (the gate itself looks very good by the way wink_o.gif )

DMA_AE_8.jpg

Remo, as I said before...your map is awesome.  smile_o.gif

I fixed up some of the bugs on the cpp and gave em some new weapons but the bugs...oh the bugs.

Btw, I cant get into the non MG version of the Hilux.

yeah, the buildings have clipping LODs or something. cartoonish, but better than catshit afgan, so no complaints here.

This map has rocked my socks beyond belief.

It is so cool. Usually the towns in desert maps arent really that good for doing sieges, but these are. Did a USMC attack, placed a lot of opfor in those really cool places. It became a real nice firefight.(then mr A-10 showed up and the party was over blues.gif )

A very nice Island, Good work

unfortunately i only got one thing to say (more then that i think it´s a good island) and that is, LAG...

i have lowered the viewdistance to as low as 1000 (usually run with 1500) and still i only get some 7 fps when looking at a town, looking any other way i get around 20fps..

if i put out som units on the map and make a firefight it drops even more, some 10 fps in the desert and 1-3 in the towns...

so, sorry to say this but, for me it´s currently unplayable...

though i suspect it might have something to do with my graphics card as other games/addons has also dropped in FPS the latest time... this however is the worst..

Adjusting fog is a more driving issue then view distance, which normally can be kept fixed to about 2500 m. Each island should be furnished at least with 3/16 fog (also forecast not to drift into lag)

Adjusting fog is a more driving issue then view distance, which normally can be kept fixed to about 2500 m. Each island should be furnished at least with 3/16 fog (also forecast not to drift into lag)

yes, i agree, still, this causes lag (unless i use atleast 3/4 fog and forcast)

right now im waiting for updated drivers for my graphics card, that might solve it, if not i have to go back to older drivers for a while..

@shadow, what is your config ?

Lag was one of our concern and we tried to remove it the most we could. did you removed object/vehicle shadows ? try some work in the flashpointpreference advanced option. It lags for me too in the 3 big cities when I fly over it, or with in case of wide view of the whole city but once you're in lag is reduced.

Do you have lad in mountain/rural area too ?

@shadow, what is your config ?

Lag was one of our concern and we tried to remove it the most we could. did you removed object/vehicle shadows ? try some work in the flashpointpreference advanced option. It lags for me too in the 3 big cities when I fly over it, or with in case of wide view of the whole city but once you're in lag is reduced.

Do you have lad in mountain/rural area too ?

well, my game config is, FPS and viewquality turned up max (i like it to look pretty), no shadows on, 1200m viewdistance (lowered from 1500 originally)

i got a 2Ghz amd athlon 64, 764 Mb RAM, 128md graphics (Raeon 9800) and i run it on 1280x1024x32 resolution...

this should be enough to run it smoothly.

yes, i get lag everywhere exept in the map edges facing towards the ends of the map, mountains, towns, desert, everywhere...

i have played aorund with the settings and not found a solution there (exept lowering everything as far as possible and setting the fog slider to half (not having any units exept my own on the map), then i managed to force it to some 35 fps...

well, my game config is, FPS and viewquality turned up max (i like it to look pretty), no shadows on, 1200m viewdistance (lowered from 1500 originally)

i got a 2Ghz amd athlon 64, 764 Mb RAM, 128md graphics (Raeon 9800) and i run it on 1280x1024x32 resolution...

FPS turned max wont make it look prettier, will just reduce your visual quality by making things flicker to lower detailed lods more frequently improving performance/fps (i think rock.gif ).

Also view quality to the maximum is a nono, keep it at medium and performance will improve significantly smile_o.gif .

FPS turned max wont make it look prettier, will just reduce your visual quality by making things flicker to lower detailed lods more frequently improving performance/fps (i think rock.gif ).

Also view quality to the maximum is a nono, keep it at medium and performance will improve significantly smile_o.gif .

well, yeah, it tells wich minimum FPS the game should try to achive (20 in my case)

and second, if i turn visual quality lower then max i just get boxes instead of objects if i get further away then 50m, thogh this might have to do with the combination of having the game set to achive minimum 20fps, anyways i have choosen to have it at max. and i have had it so for more then a year without problems..

No lag here.

Ran with Max setting and Lowest.

Didn't really have any problems with the large city/ies either.

System spec:

AMD XP 2700

128MB GF4ti4800

1GB RAM

No lag here.

Ran with Max setting and Lowest.

Didn't really have any problems with the large city/ies either.

System spec:

AMD XP 2700

128MB GF4ti4800

1GB RAM

you have similar settings to me (exept a bit mor RAM and a different graphics card), this gives a hint that it might be my graphics drivers that causes the lag.

anyway, the island is fine, so dont change it (unless it´s improvements) ;)

Hi,

nice map, nice houses and extreme nice landtextures. Really good work. One thing that i noticed is that i cant send my ai teammates in a house. I see "house position1" but i can only give it as target, wich ai quote with a "negative" few seconds later. U wrote in readme that u have a prob with ai and houses, is that what u mean? Any of the config gods may be so friendly and take a look at it? Think should be easy to fix.

Ah and no lag for me aswell, even with high settings and some units in middle of bigger towns. Good One!

Hope that ai house thing getting fixed, all that buildigs scream for a nice inner city shootout.

thx

Scars09

Very small update/fix : taliban using standard BIS weapon and cpp bug fixed. note : Only soldier addons is concerned (taleb.pbo). it's compatible with the older except for the sniper included in this new version. Graphic have not been changed

download here

Remo

Just curious but why did you remove the JAM weapons?

That kinda sucks losing HD weapons. sad_o.gif

I guess a mission maker can always manually put them back in, but JAM weapons would have been very appropriate for this pack.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

i run this island with no lag, whatsoever, i'm only running a 2.80 ghz P4, with 256 MB ram, & the built in graphics smile_o.gif

first, thx a lot for this wonderful island remo.

i need to know if someone have find a solution for those house seen like 'hostile' (west and res side), or if you shall fix it in a near futur ?

ps: don't hesitate to correct me for my bad syntax if necessery

The island is really great.

It's really well made in such sense it looks great and it runs smooth on my 1.4GHZ, 256RAM, Radeon.

Enjoyed the mountain textures and pretty landscape at a low CPU cost. biggrin_o.gif

Yes I dd noticed my tank gunner trying to aim at houses. whistle.gif

Hi,

Just to say that afghaneveron' AfghanO.pbo will be soon be updated with few but essential major fixes:

- Houses are no more hostile

- AI soldiers can be sent in houses positions

- Ai soldiers can enter medinas (old part of towns)

- most of texture re-smoothed to have better looking (less "cubic"

- lot of unecessary 3d models faces removed to reduce lag