Sign in to follow this  
raedor

RHS releases: GRU, SOBR, RFMI, GAZ66, Weapon Pack

I know is not a lot important!,but it can be fixed in next update?

rhs-spz.jpg

I love these  smile_o.gif

sorry, the update concentrates mainly on weapon pack issues. the RFMI, SOBR and GRU updates will only be config-wise. but i can ensure you that "bigger" updates are planned, with some new things added, like maybe a winter camo scheme wink_o.gif

Kinda cool bug

ofp1.jpg

or maybe I just shot his hand off  biggrin_o.gif

Love the pack, keep up the good work.

Pete

it can't be a bug, it's new method of kiling, revoliution in ofp human's body damage! smile_o.gif

you see, my dream, ofp is real life than real life game is coming true smile_o.gif

i think this feature is not mentioned even in ofp2 features lists, again, you guys are professionals in your job, i don't know what OFP would do without you!  biggrin_o.gif

nah, just kiding, just a bug... which, I think, will be corrected soon, because, I think again, RHS team is like little ants, just working and working and working...  xmas_o.gif

You also see this Hands thing on the newer US units by laser or and all the other units wich use the new hands model by DPS, even the ORCS units have it so im not sure this can be easily fixed.

Oh and about the Mission, i also cant download it from filefront, says invalid key or something...

<u>I have submited the mission to fileplanet, so maybe it will be able to be downloaded from there in a few days or so, i don't know how long time it will take for them to put it there  rock.gif

I have emailed the staff at filefront also about the error message but i haven't gotten any reply yet from them</u>

okay i have fixed a new host for the mission file see my post to post above wink_o.gif

another thing, when cammoflaging helmets on the motorized inf... Saving game then replaying... The helmet cammo is gone, gets reverted back to normal helmet model. Kinda annoying when u told ur whole squad to cammo their helmets one by one sad_o.gif Then have to tell them again. Also could you have the cammo helmet action for AI be able to be selceted as the whole squad? Not just one by one? biggrin_o.gif

Will you make desert versions aswell? Ten Thunderbird could build them in his desert/winter conversions. That would be pretty cool cause these are the best russian forces i have ever seen in ofp. and in anything else.

I found another bug sad_o.gif in Motorized Inf. Pack

CLICK HERE

I think thats more agraphic drivers thing, had that before too with older drivers.

When you load up a whole sqd of AI into a vehicle the "camo helmet" option apears on the top X number of lines in the action menu when you are trying to board the vehicle. X is the same as the number of AI's in the vehicles. This is not a good thing for reasons that should be obviouse. ;)

thats a error i believe even the old bas tropps that had googles that could be folded down or up, that if you stand close enough to a soldier that has googles you can lower or raise his googles tounge_o.gif

i don't think there is much you can do about it, but im not 100% sure about that.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but here goes; the motorized troop have a Spetsnaz team leader instead of a motorized officer in charge.

This happens because of a capitalisation quirk in the CfgGroups definition of the config.cpp in RHS_RFMI_Scripts. What happens that a group will be placed in the editor, but the units that are being placed sort of "don't exist".

When you hover your mouse pointer over a unit in this newly placed unit, it will show the correct label, e g "Motorized Infantry Officer (Flora)" but if you double-click it to make it playable, OFP gets confused and in this particular case tells you its a Spez. Team Leader.

Let me show you why - take a look at CfgGroups in RHS_RFMI_Scripts\config.cpp. In it, units are listed like so:

Quote[/b] ]

class CfgGroups

{

name="RHS Russian Motorized Infantry";

class rhs_rfmi_Squad

{

class Unit2{name="3";side=0;vehicle="<span style='color:red'>rhs</span>_rfmi_rifleman";rank="Sergeant";position[]={-6,-3,0};};

The problem? There are no units named "rhs_rfmi*". There are however units named "<span style='color:green'>RHS</span>_rfmi_*". "RHS" needs to be in capital letters since that's how they are defined in CfgVehicles above. OFP is case-sensitive here.

Tadá! Problem solved biggrin_o.gif

ah finally someone sorted it out biggrin_o.gif

I have numerous addons that have the bug and it's quite annoying that you have to place them again after you have written something into their init

Eagerly awaiting the patch, changes/fixes sound good so far smile_o.gif

Not sure if it's been mentioned but here goes; the motorized troop have a Spetsnaz team leader instead of a motorized officer in charge.

This happens because of a capitalisation quirk in the CfgGroups definition of the config.cpp in RHS_RFMI_Scripts. What happens that a group will be placed in the editor, but the units that are being placed sort of "don't exist".

When you hover your mouse pointer over a unit in this newly placed unit, it will show the correct label, e g "Motorized Infantry Officer (Flora)" but if you double-click it to make it playable, OFP gets confused and in this particular case tells you its a Spez. Team Leader.

Let me show you why - take a look at CfgGroups in RHS_RFMI_Scripts\config.cpp. In it, units are listed like so:

Quote[/b] ]

class CfgGroups

{

name="RHS Russian Motorized Infantry";

class rhs_rfmi_Squad

{

class Unit2{name="3";side=0;vehicle="<span style='color:red'>rhs</span>_rfmi_rifleman";rank="Sergeant";position[]={-6,-3,0};};

The problem? There are no units named "rhs_rfmi*". There are however units named "<span style='color:green'>RHS</span>_rfmi_*". "RHS" needs to be in capital letters since that's how they are defined in CfgVehicles above. OFP is case-sensitive here.

Tadá! Problem solved biggrin_o.gif

wow, thx a lot! Killswitch is one of the best beta testers around here (t-55s, mcar,...). great. biggrin_o.gif

@Baz: sorry, the action for camoing the helmet will be removed in the next version. it is randomly on all units now. the mission maker can switch it on/off for _all_ units.

so does that mean that the player's unit will not be able to cammo his helmet VIA the action menu?

Have been bashing these guys against OFRP No.5 for the last two evenings, the reported bugs aside they are simply superb.

Thank you RHS.

@Swatdog: when it's done. wink_o.gif

@Baz: exactly. it doesn't really make sense to (un)camo your helmet during a mission. when you have to react fast the action is pretty annoying.

That's a good decision, adding too much entries to the menu action is very annoying, when you have to scroll down past 5/6 custom actions just to reload or change weapon in the middle of a battle.

It is better to leave the action menu as clean as possible to be used by a mission maker only.

well, looks like the update may take a bit longer as it seems that RHS staff is a bit outnumbered atm. sad_o.gif

ok, i need 2-3 volunteers for betatesting, at least one should have win98 or ME. you should be able to "update" a pbo and to test wink_o.gif pm me.