Sign in to follow this  
-TFF- NEO

LAW, AA, AT, RPG...

I guess they all have different purposes. So what do you use LAW for, and what do you use AT for, and so on?

I lay down the LAW on just about anything that moves. It's so funny to see a hind get hit by one and it just rotates until it's upside down and then it falls to earth. Or, if your running away from about 10 guys that are close together, turn and law them, should buy you more time to escape. I've also launched them at the Mark IV boat in redhammer. got a rpg round right into its hull and it sunk like a stone.

I use all of them against everything...

They work best against light armoured vehicles tho...going after a tank with just one shot isnt worth the risk... smile.gif

APC´s just dies...like they should.... wink.gif

AA-weapons sux (I cant use them anyway). I rather use a LAW against a hind.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sandman @ Jan. 16 2002,06:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I use all of them against everything...

They work best against light armoured vehicles tho...going after a tank with just one shot isnt worth the risk... smile.gif

APC´s just dies...like they should.... wink.gif

AA-weapons sux (I cant use them anyway). I rather use a LAW against a hind.<span id='postcolor'>

AA weapons work OK against aircraft, but they don't do as much damage as a LAW does, for instance.

In my experience, it will take three solid hits from an AA missile to take down a Hind, but only one or two hits from a LAW.

Thus, I will use a LAW if I have a good clean shot at a chopper. The AA missiles have the advantage of tracking their target and correcting the trajectory as needed, so at long ranges, for perpendicular shots, or for fast-moving targets, the AA missiles have a much better chance of achieving a hit.

LAW for apcs's and AT for tanks?

so is the AT meant to take them out in 1 go? cus i havent seen this yet sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (caz @ Jan. 16 2002,07:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LAW for apcs's and AT for tanks?

so is the AT meant to take them out in 1 go? cus i havent seen this yet sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It depends on what you are shooting at -- a T80 or M1A1 can take more damage than a T55 or M60. The later two will usually blow up with one hit from a Carl Gustav.

T80 will be destroyed by two rockets. You have only one rocket in your launcher, so be sure you're standing next to an ammo crate with AT rockets in.

M1A1 needs three rockets.

T72, T55, M60 and all APC's are not dangerous. Just point the launcher on a tank and fire the rocket.

AT launcher is just incredibly more powerfull than LAW.

Never attack M1A1 or T80 with LAW, it will be a waste of time and life (yours). Usually, 2 AT are needed to destroy M1A1 or T80. 1 could disable the thing.

LAW and RPG are good for every other vehicule. Often 2 needed to destroy T72.

AA as a great feature : it is guided, so it is easier to hit the target. The fact is that, I suck with this, so I'm unable to hit target. And they do few damage. I prefere LAW for this

Whis'

Ive sat ina castle and killed an m1a1 with law before. I had to keep running down to the bottom and dodging machine gun fire to get ammo, and it took like 7 or 8, but i did it. I then was killed by a guy with an ak47 coz i threw away all my ammo for law.

What a load of crap ppl!!!! When was the last time u've played OFP?

Any tank (even M1A1 and T80) can be completely slaughtered

with 3 LAW rounds!!!!!

In fact, the AA missile have high explosive fragmentation (HEF) warhead and this is why that does not make any dammages on tanks. biggrin.gif But it still good to get a plane. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Jan. 16 2002,13:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What a load of crap ppl!!!! When was the last time u've played OFP?

with 3 LAW rounds!!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, a tank not moving, showing you its bottom, why not...Nice exercise, but rarely happens during mission.

My thoughts:

LAW and RPG r good to take out cars and shoot at a tank turret.

Never used a AT before,just one time, the tank was moving backwards, i calculated his route,shoot a rocket in his butt and it stopped going back.

AA is fine to finish a chopper fight,especially against AH-1s.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Jan. 16 2002,21:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What a load of crap ppl!!!! When was the last time u've played OFP?

with 3 LAW rounds!!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

I was hitting it in the front and side armour, and i got 2 shots on the turret coz it was moving, it just got darker and darker, and on the 7th or 8th shot it exploded.

AT is guided, LAW is not. AT guiding is one of the subtle features that not many players of OFP will notice, but if they do, they usually enjoy it. wow.gif

AT contains more explosive and therefore causes more dammage.

Guest Scooby

The problem is that Carl Gustav is not quided in real life and AT-4 in reality is fitted on tripod and it it too heavy to carry for one man. It does not lock on either. Gunner has to lead on target when using AT-4.

The realism fades in OFP when you look at the damage rates for AFVs.

When you are in SP mode and are on the U.S. side, one law will kill a BMP. When you are a Russian and inside a BMP it will take more than one LAW to kill you. The BMP can even withstand shots from an M-60 MBT when you are on the Russian side.

Ditto with the M-113.

In real life, the most you will ever take out with a Carl Gustav with one shot will be a T-55. Maybe, just maybe, if your lucky, a T-72.

Here are some stats for the LAW (M-72 SRAAW-L in Canada)

-66mm rocket

-2.3kg

-150m range, effective, 1200m range total

-274mm of steel penetration

-30 inches of concrete penetration

-6 feet of earthwork penetration (sand bags, etc)

-fuse arms at 99m

Of course these are just general characterisics, they vary from rocket to rocket. (HE, AT, etc,)

Tyler

P.S. Hey, this is my 100th post!, yay!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Jan. 16 2002,21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When you are in SP mode and are on the U.S. side, one law will kill a BMP. When you are a Russian and inside a BMP it will take more than one LAW to kill you.<span id='postcolor'>

Is that with the "extended armour" setting enabled or disabled?

I just played around in the mission editor to check how many LAWs and CG hits a M1A1 could take...

What really surprised  me was that the tank could take 7 LAWs back and only 6 in the front!!!

I tried it 3 times and I got the same result every time…

Is there something wrong with my OFP?? sad.gif    this is not realistic at all…

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 16 2002,22:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is that with the "extended armour" setting enabled or disabled?<span id='postcolor'>

Oh Crap! I totally forgot about that!

*turns brain on*

*walks away in shame*

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Jan. 16 2002,22:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh Crap! I totally forgot about that!

*turns brain on*

*walks away in shame*

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

Hehehe I had a feeling I'd caught you out with that one wink.gif Would be interesting to see if that is the case though? smile.gif

I seem to use the law since it is one of the most common and effective weapons. I find AA to be not as useful as the law is. Still if I am planning on fighting a number of helis or planes I would still rather have something that can home in at least.

I think this game needs a bradley with SAMs on it. i know there is the vulcan. But nothing does the job like a good SAM platform. smile.gif