Sign in to follow this  
Acacyn

StarWars Addons by Acacyn

Nice list! </echo> tounge2.gif

I think a Star Wars RPG would work really well, espically with the ammount of variation in the units, CTI is a similar thing that would work well.

Just one thing - when you say "high-end" computers, what do you mean by this? High-end could mean dual-processors, with 4GB ram etc.. But I don't think you mean this.

For example - 2.8GHz P4, 1GB RAM, Geforce FX 5600 - Would be, medium to 3/4-range? (Runs OFP fine, almost never crashes, works realiably basicly tounge2.gif). Anyway, not important at all, just a thought

Excelent work, are you doing this on your own btw? crazy_o.gif

- Ben

@DBR_ONIX:

Yes every modell and every texture and everything will be made by me :P

----

With high-end i mean..

- (more) than 1.5 GHz

- (more) than 256 mb ram

- (more) than a GeForce 3

I have 1.5 Ghz, 256 DDR Ram, GeForce FX 5200 and the game runs very well with a lot of clones and enemies. Of course with a really high-end pc you wont have any problems.

@[CAS] Daniel:

I think i will use the normal explosions!?!?!?!

You've seen the seismic charges on Episode 2 that Jango uses against the Obi-Wan amongst the asteroids? Maybe something along those lines but scaled down is what I'm talking about. smile_o.gif

I will talk about that when i have finished the Clones Pack and work on the weapons. I have no skills with writing explosion scripts or something like that. But i try to learn a little bit when i continue the Weapons Pack for the Clones.

I also wanted a big smoke on the ground like in DSF nuclear bomb, for the seismic bomb of the Slave I. But at the moment those script are like hieroglyphs to me.

Hey Acacyn,

If your looking for a texturing program to make Alpha textures, try The GIMP.

I use it to make all my ghillie textures, and I think it works pretty well. It might not be able to keep up with th textures you wanna make, but I'd give it a try. The clones pack loosk great, I can't wait to be smokin' some droids as a commando biggrin_o.gif

The progress of my Clones Pack is really good. I think it will be finished before the end of september.

Here is a shot of the first two commanders i have created. Commander Cody and (my lovely) Commander Neyo. BTW: The Hazmat-II ARC trooper has a E-11 which killer-tobias of the GAW team has created! Some textures are already final, but the most will be replaced of course.

aca_cp_ep3_work04.jpg

BTW: Would it be possible to remove the visible deformations of the clones in vehicles if you create deformated proxies so the clones look normal if they are inside a vehicle?

Wow Acacyn, that's really awesome work! Considering your the driving force behind it this project, it has gone through progress super fast. Looking forward to the release!

wow these keep looking better and better! biggrin_o.gif

It's good to hear the release will be soon

I have thought about to release a big Addons Pack. This will includes...

-Clones Pack

-Clones Weapons Pack

-V-19 Torrent (V-21 Raptor)

-Alpha-3 Nebulus

-IFT-X Clone Tank

-HAVw-A6-Juggernaut

-BARC Speeder

-ISP Swamp Speeder

-Theta Class Shuttle

-Clones Support Objects: stationary laserguns, bacta tanks,...

-re-constructed N-1 Naboo Starfighter (and special GAR Camo)

-re-constructed Lambda Class Shuttle

-updated TIE`s

So actually all my Clone Wars addons. Everything would be in a separate file, but all would be released together. The only disadvantage is that the release of the Clones Pack would be a little bit later, but the big advantage would be, that a big amount of Clone vehicles and Clones would be released together.

I think i will make such a big Addons Pack. It will be finished this year of course.

Sounds good, but you should atleast release the Clones seperate when they are ready, Your other stuff will take a long time, and we cant wait wow_o.gif

Seperate release. I've seen one to many "big release" projects dissapear never to be heard from again. They never managed to release anything but screens.

The smaller the release, the more likely we'll actually see it. We desperately need some decent sci-fi infantry and weapons. The Zabrak alien and PCStormtroopers just aren't cutting it anymore when stacked up next to HYK US Infantry other high quality units.

You should know that you wont see just pictures by me. You will see results. But it would be much more cooler to have vehicles, a lot of weapons and gear: A whole Clone Army, and not just units.

It would be a completely new expierience. But im worried about the OPFOR which dont exist until now. You will have a lot of Clone units and vehicles but no enemies, no droids. That would be stupid.

I hope that until i finish that big addons pack, there will be some more CIS addons released. Maybe i release at least the Clones Pack this or the next month, but the other addons should be released together.

Clone pack plus a few OPFOR units

That would make people happy until you make and release anything else and get people of your case. biggrin_o.gif

Also, releasing a beta clone pack up front would allow for it to be beta tested to death for you. wink_o.gif

Just my 2 cents

We do have the old Trade Federation droids made by Adammo (aka-Capt. Moore) a looooooong time ago.

I'm sure he would be totally ok with you using his addon. Plus he's been out of the OFP scene for awhile as far as making addons go... but of coarse he should still be given credit. He's always been very cool with other groups using his stuff including my own mod.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I think it would be a good idea if you released the clones pack with like a Battledroid, Superbattledroid and an AAT, kind of like Inv44 demo, And so you can do something else than look at the clones in the mission editor.

In the pics you can see Capt.Moore`s Battledroid, but i have changed it a little bit so it have no strange markers anymore. Maybe i could release this Battledroid.

All other CIS addons will be made by others except the Geonosian Fighter(team members of the GAW mod).

Cell7 will release soon his LAAT-i and the AAT.

About the LAAT-i Cell7 gave me the information that it should be ready for lift off somewhen in this month. The AAT will be ready several weeks later.

He has a lot of projects and i think he works all the time on the different projects. To work the whole time on the same addon could be boring.

Like with the Clones Pack. At the moment i finish the model of the V-Wing (Alpha-3 nebulus), because i dont want to work on Clones today. wink_o.gif

I hope Cell7 releases his addons soon, but as you know he is a slave to detail and wants to make his addons as good as possible!!!!!!! so it will take time notworthy.gif

You should know that you wont see just pictures by me. You will see results. But it would be much more cooler to have vehicles, a lot of weapons and gear: A whole Clone Army, and not just units.

It would be a completely new expierience. But im worried about the OPFOR which dont exist until now. You will have a lot of Clone units and vehicles but no enemies, no droids. That would be stupid.

I hope that until i finish that big addons pack, there will be some more CIS addons released. Maybe  i release at least the Clones Pack this or the next month, but the other addons should be released together.

i said it before and ill say it again, i got some battle driods on my PC over here if u wantem. other then the lack of laser weapontry they are actualy pretty damn nice.

battle driods comendere an abrams rofl.gif

1_driod_tank2.jpg

edit i got no clue whose these are. they were in an old old old old "Star wars addon pack" and even that person didnt know whos they were