Sign in to follow this  
Acacyn

StarWars Addons by Acacyn

all these things being made sound really awesome i just wish i had the skillz to join in on the addon makeing fun well good luck to u guys and i hope to see sum of yoru stuff soon wink_o.gif

P.S - i made the 100th reply in your thread lol woot woot tounge_o.gif

all these things being made sound really awesome i just wish i had the skillz to join in on the addon makeing fun well good luck to u guys and i hope to see sum of yoru stuff soon  wink_o.gif

P.S - i made the 100th reply woot woot  tounge_o.gif

Congratulations for your 100th post!!! :-) You havn`t the skillz?? Of course you have! You could create a lot of suspend action missions (sp and mp)!!! You are the right guy to create missions, that are your skillz!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

----

@VipHeart: I want to create really nice looking clones so m perhaps i will create two "Clones Packs". A High-Resolution Pack and a Lower-Resolution Pack (but just maybe, i promise nothing yet), because i dont like soldiers with a lot of edges (like the typical OF soldiers). If i want to do something, than i want to do it as perfect as possible (for me).

But of course i want that you and i can play great battles with a high framerate. So i try to find the middle between quality and performance.

As you can see on the pictures below i have finished a part of the clone soldier of Episode 2. But there are already more points and faces as a regular soldier of OF has.

I really try to take care of the framerate, and if im unable to find the middle between good gameplay and good models, i will release two packs (as mentioned above).

Episode 2 Clone Trooper by Acacyn 01

Episode 2 Clone Trooper by Acacyn 02

(There are some light problems, i know, but look at the lod, the legs are bigger than any building in OFR! I have to make them a lot smaller, but later... So the lights and shadows will looking absolutley normal when i finish that guy) :-)

@acacyn, the height of soldiers in ofp is about 2 metres smile_o.gif use CTRL + LSHIFT +LMB to change the whole model and scale it down to this size smile_o.gif

@USCG Pilot, dont worry, after a couple of hours with Brssebs tuts youll knwo the basics of modding smile_o.gif

Wildo

Wildo, do you need any LAAT-I textures? There are some in "Republic Commandos" (not the best quality i think but enough to have an example to create own textures). I could give you the textures (.tga) if you want.

By the way, the height of a clone soldier have to be 1,83 metres, because that is the height of Jango (and Boba and all other clones).

I also deleted the helmet i had created some days before. I really dont recommend to use triangles and squares (faces) on the same model, there will be very ugly light refelctions and shadows. I have to create a new helmet with exclusive triangles.

acayn id like those textures smile_o.gif ( wildo AT wildo.co.uk )

use triangles on soldiers smile_o.gif as squares will lead to deformation of the model, i also see that you have a few double sided faces, remove them unless they are absolutly needed smile_o.gif

Wildo

I already have finished 50 % of the 0.000 LOD. At the end of the week i will have finsihed the whole model inclusive all the other LOD`s. Than i can use this model as a basic model, because almost nothing except the helmet and the "stomach armor" change of the trooper of episode 3.

Episode 2 Clone trooper

Episode 2 Clone Trooper 03

Episode 2 Clone Trooper 04

Question: The ARC`s and Commando`s will have handguns. Is it possible that the handgun is visible if it is unused? I cant see the handguns of the normal OFR units on their body. Is there a proxy like the one of the main gun?

there is a handgun proxie, but it only appears when you get the handgun out sad_o.gif

Wildo

What about storm troopers yes?

The Force is Strong with them.. maybe a darth vader addon..

star wras mod is makein storm troopers and a darth vader addon to i belive so check around the star wars mod thread in the a&m d wink_o.gif

there is a handgun proxie, but it only appears when you get the handgun out sad_o.gif

Wildo

I am guessing that with new animations or new animation cofings it is possible to have the proxy visible when its not drawn.

I think you can run a script to see which weapon the player is using, whether primary or secondary, etc. and then use hidden selections to hide the pistol when drawn.

I.e. make the holster with a visible pistol already in it, and define it as a hidden selection in the cfg, then setobjecttexture to an invisible texture when it's in use.

Quote[/b] ] am guessing that with new animations or new animation cofings it is possible to have the proxy visible when its not drawn.

i dont think so kyle, but ill test it out soon smile_o.gif AFAIK the handgun proxie is linked to the hand in o2 therefore eliminating where it would be shown on a soldier, but this myst be tested to see if there is a work around smile_o.gif

Wildo

I.e. make the holster with a visible pistol already in it, and define it as a hidden selection in the cfg, then setobjecttexture to an invisible texture when it's in use.

Does exist an example script?

It should be visible if it is unused (in the holster) and it should be invisible (in the holster) if it is used or if you aren`t equipped with a handgun.

TEXTURE AND CONFIG.CPP QUESTION:

To save memory i want to create just one version of a Episode 2 Clonetrooper with marks. (Blue, Red, Green, Yellow)

That is the trick (and my question: Is that possible?): I want to replace the texturenames in the config.cpp. For example:

I have created the blue marked Clonetrooper (Sergeant!?). Now i have two units in the config.cpp. The normal blue CT and the (red) blue CT with replaced texture names. So the textures with the blue marks will be replaced with the textures with the red marks, in the passage of the red CT.

Is that possible? To replace textures in the config.cpp?

(I know you can replace wound textures, but those textures must be there from the beginning of the game and not if the CT is injured.)

If its possible: Could someone post an example?

I'm no addon maker, but I'd imagine that it's possible.

Anyway, ACACYN, your star wars creations are truly amazing! The Naboo fighter needs some work on the texture, but that's just a small glitch. Can't wait for the Clones...oh, the fun I'm gonna have!

I've been looking for Cell's X_Wing and haven't found it. Can somebody provide me with a link to it, please? Thanks smile_o.gif

TEXTURE AND CONFIG.CPP QUESTION:

To save memory i want to create just one version of a Episode 2 Clonetrooper with marks. (Blue, Red, Green, Yellow)

That is the trick (and my question: Is that possible?): I want to replace the texturenames in the config.cpp. For example:

I have created the blue marked Clonetrooper (Sergeant!?). Now i have two units in the config.cpp. The normal blue CT and the (red) blue CT with replaced texture names. So the textures with the blue marks will be replaced with the textures with the red marks, in the passage of the red CT.

Is that possible? To replace textures in the config.cpp?

(I know you can replace wound textures, but those textures must be there from the beginning of the game and not if the CT is injured.)

If its possible: Could someone post an example?

A while back Ive tried doing unit texture randomizations with setobjecttexture and you will have major problems:

1. Fter you load a game it will dissapear.

2. If you start in a vehicle it will also not randomize.

goodnight.gif

Replace textures in config

1. The most common method is to give a name to the entire body suit.

2. In the config, add the soldier -  class cfgmodel

3. In the classcfgmodel, add  -selections = {suitselection name}

4. in the classVehicle, add  - selections ={suitselection name}

5. add class eventhandler to the config and -  init="[this] exec whateverRandomsqsToChangeTex.sqs"

eg:- my huey, samsite and matrix mech addon use this concept. you might wanna have a look. In my vietnam town pack, the civilians uses this concept with a random script to get different clothes and faces.

I dont have the exact specs now as i dont have access to my home computer, but the basic concept is to give a selection name in 02 resolution LOD, then use the eventhandler to incorporate a script for red or blue troops at the init handler.

Do note however:-

1. you loose detailing when setobjecttexture command is used, no matter how high your resolution may be.

2. It may be difficult to achieve good texturing if u use 1 texture solely for legs, arms and body in order to get to use 1 selection name.

3. setobject texture is best for single colour schemes.

4. With this in mind, perhaps you might wanna use only selected faces for single colour scheme?

Hm, thank you for the help, you know what my problem is, but, my scripting skills (especially with soldiers) arent very good yet... So could you, philcommando or someone else post or send me a small example?

If not, i have to check the C7_xwing scripts and config, maybe sometime i will understand it. :-)

CLONES ARMOR:

When i know how to replace textures in the config i also would be able to create clonetrooper with a clean armor and with a dirty armor.

Star Wars - Clone Wars - The Renegades (Copyright) [German: Star Wars - Klonkriege- Die Abtrünnigen (Copyright)]

That is the name of a very long story which i am writing. It will be the fundament of a campaign which i will create. The storyline will include, that you will play as a regular Clonetrooper (you will experience a whole career: from a white Clone Soldier to a yellow Clone Commander), as a Republic Commando  (you will be the leader of the Theta-Squadron) and as a Advanced-Recon-Commando (ARC Trooper) (a lone wolf, wich has to handle with the dangerous missions). It will take place from the beginning of the Clone Wars to the end!!!

My story is (and will be) written in german. So if someone has a excellent english-german knowledge and a talent to write suspend and entertaining stories, he could contact me and translate the story into english (or any other language). <-As i said, it will be a very long story (because i love to write stories, especially fantasy and science-fiction).

If you check out the A-Wing and Y-Wings in the Star Wars mod discussion thread, I have given them the ability to change colors. You can use those scripts if you want to have some texture changing on your clones.

Sounds good! But we will be able to DL the clones before the campaign is released?

@TheOriginalWadi: Of course :-)

@KaRRiLLioN: Thank you very much!