Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

FDFMOD WW2 Expansion

Just wondering though, will the Finnish troops in this expansion remain on the Resistance side as is the case with the rest of FDF mod or will they switch to another side to allow combat with other Russian WW2 addons which are currently placed on the Res side by general consensus of other WW2 addon makers?

WW2 Expansion will follow the original modification so Finns are Resistance and Soviets in East side. If mission makers want to use Soviet WW2 addons they have to manually change side from mission.sqm.

And for the campaigns: Finnish police holds our second campaign part as EiZei already stated. And I apology if the news gave you wrong idea - no bigger campaigns even planned yet for WW2, we can't even find mission makers for original campaign!

I think this is really great, FDF mod are allready my nr1 mod and I allways run ofp in FDF mod mode! I also like the fact that now they are doing WW II which really suits the mod I think...

With the campaign there are allot of actions which involve shooting from short to medium ranges and not really allot of fancy military hardware like modern day... Also the use of WW II weapons allready gave me the idea to play some WWII style missions on the FDF mod island...

This is really going to rock I allready know its going to! blues.gif

we can't even find mission makers for original campaign!

Can we talk? wink_o.gif

There was another group doing a WW2 Fin mod.

I'm suprised you guys dont work together.  rock.gif

Yeah. FWW2.

If FDFMOD creates this faster than FWW2, I'm sure that all members of FWW2 starts to cry..

I'm guessing the FDF team will be innovative as always and hope they will include a WW2 interface and look to the mod. Seeing that Seiko watch, modern map and notebook and especially the radio chatter in combat can break the immersion.

Really, really looking forward to this. smile_o.gif

If FDFMOD creates this faster than FWW2, I'm sure that all members of FWW2 starts to cry..

Why?

Afaik we have completely different approach to the same events spreading under the same time span...

Or did all those 900 people who have created the same M4 rifle cry when 600 had done it already... wink_o.gif

I'm guessing the FDF team will be innovative as always and hope they will include a WW2 interface and look to the mod.

Negative, this is just an expansion that will reach the original timeline of FDFMOD, from 1939 to current date. So no new GUI or anything.

FWW2 are farther ahead than you know....... wink_o.gif

@Hater_Kint, DOWN BOY!!! tounge_o.gif

Wildo

Quote[/b] ]@Hater_Kint, DOWN BOY!!! tounge_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Well I'm looking forward to both mods.

The more different they are...the better.

Quite...

But I think this discussion should end here before it gets waayyy too off-topic... tounge_o.gif

FWW2 are farther ahead than you know....... wink_o.gif

You wont be saying the same when FDFMOD civil war/aunus expedition pack comes out.. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You wont be saying the same when FDFMOD civil war/aunus expedition pack comes out..

eeepp crazy_o.gif

Wildo

Quote[/b] ]You wont be saying the same when FDFMOD civil war/aunus expedition pack comes out..

The lamest one I've heard in weeks... biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Disagreed. I'm already preparing to download that Finnish War (1808-1809) expansion tounge_o.gif

I think the pack would be great - keep on the goog work smile_o.gif

Any new islands coming?

oh, nothing besides a small ww2 europe and ww2 europe winter and ww2 europe autumn... biggrin_o.gif

j/k.

Any new islands coming?

My guess is that they would probably throw in 1944ized east border or malde<something>.

Trench Warfare

expansion2_1.jpg

Crashing through tank obstacles and barbwire, KV-1 and infantry belonging to the Soviet 21st Army slam against the Finnish 3rd Division holding the Vammelsuu-Taipale line in the Karelian Isthmus. Shocked by the ferocity of Soviet offensive that started on June 9 1944 the main defensive line was pulverized by massed Soviet artillery and Finns fell back to VT line. But the line was not to last long and Finns were forced to retreat yet again towards Vyborg.

Fantastic, looks great. I also always liked FDF's Islands. smile_o.gif

That looks very fun biggrin_o.gif I preusme this is going to be included with the ww2 pack?

Bayonets! Bayonets! Bayonets! Bayonets!

A massed soviet infatry assault is not a soviet infantry assault without those dam bayonets! biggrin_o.gif

I want to really panic when Im just reloading my smg and some dirty commie charges me and stabs me to death with his bayonet.