Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

Single addons make no sense as there need to be missions for them. It´s no use to demand the installation of a single addon for 1 or two missions only. This would force players to install addons that are rarely used.

All the other suggestions. Keep in mind that OFP MP should be open to as many players as possible. Some addons and mods or islands do cause a heavy hardware useage. People with slower comps would have real problems in keeping the game fluid for them. For some it would get unplayable.

Therefore we took the FDF approach. FDF offers a great choice and has proven to work pretty well for MP sessions. Besides there is a large variety of missions available for the mod which is not the case for many other mods.

Besides that we are of course open for suggestions but implementing a vast addon pack is very unlikely. We want to keep the server open for a wide circle. People on ISDN and broadband users aswell. Imagine the time a 56ér would have to spend to download all that. It´s no option for us atm.

And don´t get blinded by an evening with high participation. We are running the server for a hell lot of time and we have seen big parties and weeks of 4 or 5 people gaming also. Summer is ahead and this will influence the participation also.

We don´t want to smack the latest fashion, but have a stem of regular players with the right attitude and fun while playing coop.

The server is up again.. check the first post for info

Sure there will be! I'll hope Balschoiw will show up anytime soon or else I can start one up, just have to figure out how exactly wink_o.gif

What the heck, it's up!

Password is ciafdf, for any questions take a peek at the first post or elsen the CiA site. Make sureyou join TeamSpeak

I enjoyed playing today.

Hopefully I wasn't to bad, I wouldlike to play again maybe on Wednesday if I can make it.

It was all abit confusing to start with but Post was a good leader.

For a first time it was great!

Thanks

Good games as always smile_o.gif

ciallauma.jpg

ciabals.jpg

ciadeath.jpg

And... hardrock was right, there'll be misunderstandings and conflicts between players in the server if there is too much people sad_o.gif

... no normal game for me tonight as usual, some spooky things ghostface.gif was going on this evening.

DM was ok and the second mission was ok, but most of time i had probs.

my ping was ~200, but bandwith was ~9 and Desynch was 10000 ... and, at the start of 3rd mission i had an Application Error ... memory access bla bla rock.gif

i guess i`ll have to live with that untill better times come sad_o.gifmad_o.gif

nice night, specialy the first part off it, the chat (:

1234.jpg

and some of the action a manage to feel tounge_o.gif

01.jpg

We had some really nice games, and the DM for starters was fun too wink_o.gif. For future play we should get our hands on some good 10+ player maps cause it gets rather busy lately smile_o.gif

cia4_1.jpg

cia4_2.jpg

Thanks for the evening, I was a bit unconcentrated though.

Thx for the big participation yesterday !

As some of you may have experienced it´s not always easy to keep a group of that many players focussed on the objectives and the team itself. I really do hope that a "core" of responsible players will form that have an eye on the players that recently joined us and help them with coordination. It´s minor issues anyway, but I think we can be a lot more effective than we are today. I know it´s not always easy when "first-timers" join the server and we will certainly have an eye on people who do not understand what the coop-night is about. I want to thank all the regular visitors of the night today. You really improved fun and complexity of online gaming and therefore are great contributors to the coop-night itself. smile_o.gif

Also, pls don´t go mad if something bad happens, like me driving over a guy with a tank. You have to understand that the sight within a tank is very limited and if there are that many players on the scene who are running around the tank in an angle that I can´t overwatch accidents tend to happen. So keep your eyes open. You see more than the tankdriver inside the tank.

Anyway, those are minor issues, as I said already.

Thx for participation once more !

CO090505a.jpg

CO090505b.jpg

CO090505c.jpg

CO090505d.jpg

My first screenshots set from CiA coop night:

CiA co-op night

08/05/05

0805coop1.jpg

Lenin and Balschoiw taking a look on what's left of the enemy after a fierce fight

0805coop2.jpg

Getting into positions

0805coop3.jpg

Regrouping after a victorious fight

0805coop4.jpg

After Llaumas tragic death Lenin takes command and we continue cleaning out the village of Travidja

0805coop5.jpg

Scouting an enemy base

The last two pics:

0805coop6.jpg

Enemy convoy in bits and pieces, sir

0805coop7.jpg

Bals looking all excited smile_o.gif

Like I said earlier I enjoyed playing and wish I could have stayed for more.

Is there any way I can practice online style of play without actually being on line. Do I set up a LAN game or something?

I am fairly new to the world of PC gaming so any help would be appreciated.

Also I hope I didn't embaress myself too much playing last night. At some points I did feel a bit useless!!

sad_o.gif

... i like the team where Post is commander (: , hehe

he seems lost as a leader like i as a soldier in his team, so i feel good since i`m not the only one that has no clue where to go or what to do tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif ...

rather then under Balschoiw, when i feel like i`m a child playing in sand with cradle, hehe,

i dont no ... maybe it`s cose he have voice like Arnold Swarchenegger tounge_o.gif

I wasn't lost! I was just ... ... ... considering my options, that's right! wink_o.gif

well I was enjoying playing until Norton security decided that flashpoint was a threat and cut me off!! I thought I had allowed the connection but then it cut me off again!!

I have changed the settings now so should be okay for sunday.

Hope you guys had a good time

See you sunday.

I have some really mixed feelings about tonight. As it is nice that more players join us the percentage of coop incompatible guys also rises as it seems. We hardly never had verbal insults on the server in our long history, especially not from coop players. So maybe we can call this a premiere today. A premier we are not keen on.

I´ve just talked to Llauma and we agreed on one thing:

Any players who are not into teamwork and standard verbal communications will be banned without warning from now on. I don´t only mean kicked, they will get banned by player ID.

I don´t care if you think that´s fair or not, but as this evening showed it can ruin a big part of it if some nick through the "follow orders" thing and then go for their own deal with sirens and whistles.

To state this clear once for all times:

Such behaviour will not be accepted from now on ! It will result in permanent ban !

There is quite a grown core of coop-night players who deserve to play in a good climate and surrounding. We try to offer that.

We will not accept that some ruin this by either beeing "funny" or just people with a bad attitude.

Coop is so much fun, when it´s played with a serious effort.

We won´t tolerate that these evenings get ruined by a few who don´t share that attitude.

Anyway, thx for the games tonight. We will try to sort those out who don´t fit. Don´t be afraid. None of the really motivated guys will be amongst them.

I guess it serves us all right if we take this line now. Talking doesn´t help sometimes. Actions do.

At least in the end we had some real fun smile_o.gif

CO0110505a.jpg

CO0110505b.jpg

CO0110505c.jpg

CO0110505d.jpg

Cu all on sunday for stressfree and serious gaming biggrin_o.gif

What a pity the real good missions tend to happen very late lately when people like me can't stay anymore sad_o.gif

cia5_1.jpg

Wow!

CiA co-op night seems like a cool event,

and CiA as a clan seems to be very professional, on your guys page your losses are pale in comparison to your victories!

However, I'm a bit nervous to come to such in a event in fear -- yes, that I'd somehow screw up for everyone else (not that I can't take orders). crazy_o.gif

Also to comment on the third party addons thing, I agree with not sticking to what is deemed "popular", the public co-op nights seem busy enough as it is. tounge_o.gif

Greetings,

Quote[/b] ]What a pity the real good missions tend to happen very late lately when people like me can't stay anymore

We´re on it Hardrock smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]CiA as a clan seems to be very professional, on your guys page your losses are pale in comparison to your victories!

We don´t ladder anymore. A lot of players lost interest over the years so we left the laddering community and focussed on coop only.

Quote[/b] ]However, I'm a bit nervous to come to such in a event in fear -- yes, that I'd somehow screw up for everyone else (not that I can't take orders).

No big deal. I guess we welcome anyone as long as he does play by the rules. Fair and square.

Errors happen, noone is immune to that.