Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

I just finished up 1.1 of my Chromatic Ghost mission. It's a major improvement and a lot has been added and fixed. It even includes my first attempt at camera scripting an intro.

Should I PM the dl link to post or tony?

Hi sputnik,

send it to post. As his name says hes responsible for postings, uploads and... stuff, you know? wink_o.gif

Greets

Tony

Now this "Attack on Nogova 3" certainly was a blast biggrin_o.gif

Never knew a littlebird could take out that much tanks , a hind and in the end land on the rooftop of a skyscraper to finish of the thing hand to hand.

Very much fun for me tonight.

Good to be back. thumbs-up.gif

ARGH I missed it! BALLS BOLLOCKS ASS BUMHOLE!

Oh, and in regards to that pic of holodoc humping a truck... I've flown way closer (I nearly landed in top of) an ammo truck driving at top speed down a road... And rearmed from it. lol

Remember that we took "Invation to Malden" campaign and tried to complete it all? We were stuck on the fourth mission because it didn't work. I would really want to complete this campaign.

Llauma once said that those bugged missions only have to be re-saved. Is there a way any of us could do it?

UnPBO it, put in users/xxx/missions directory, open in OFP, save?

Send 'em to me on MSN Var. Ill try looking at them.

Hi there,

Its been a short while but I was hoping to play again tonight. Happened to run in some trouble with the FDF 1.4 update though, whichever site I download it from it appears to be corrupted. When I open the file, WinRAR will tell me that there was an "unexpected end of archive", if I install it and launch the game I hit error messages for missing files.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Now listen up!

At a first time I tought I should debrief Llauma's first post but I realised that post whould be "losted" after few pages added, so noone shoud be able to find it afterwards.

But I will say few things and next time you join I expect from new players to coops to read it, both the first page of this topic or this post! So when you say you read the game-forum rules it is allso expected that you did understand them (read != understand). Period!

You must have Team Speak, mic is not a must, but without TS u can't play normaly. All so speaking on team speak is not the only kind of communication we can have, there is no rule regard that, so leader or any other team member is not in obligate to speak non-stop. (goto note.)

If someone feels not speaking (Speaking English is not to good) or is too shy it's completely ok, that's what 0-9 keys and writting commands are for. Period!

note: Now I see that a lot of new people are allso new to Flashpoint and specialy to online gaming and double specialy on coops!. I somehow know how it is since every each of us was first-timer once but: That is something you must deal on your own...Do not expect from leader to navigate you through game as it takes time!.Period!

You must be aware of your surroundings, which means, it's a 4D game and you are not alone...there are others!

It allso means to stick with the leader and team, not "WoOw...look at me...I'm so cool to be all alone" kind of acting.Period!

Listen to what leader says or writes and stay focused, report enemy but not engage if it's not to hot (i.e. not alerted even at distances of 100m). Be patient and cool on triger!...you'll have your time to shoot.Period!

Do not argue with leader commands, if he says stay in formation or keep the formation do that!Period!

Now, about general human acting and mature acting, if you done something wrong say it!, if you made a misstake say it!, if you feel you can't fullfill assinged task say it!, if you do not understand command say it!,...be relaxed as we came to play a game and your head wont be cut of by CiA smile_o.gif.

It's very simple, no wisdowm...follow the rules, injoy, relax and be serious.Period!

or Llauma's words:

Quote[/b] ]We don't forbid joking

Now if you can't deal with all of this...well...every sky has a silver cloud so there are plenty of other server to play on!. You will be warned by game admin and if you continue to act same you will be kicked and if you are to horny you'll get a ban!.

or Llauma's words:

Quote[/b] ]Everyone who doesn't follow one or more of these rules will be asked to leave.

This is the place where you can discuss about anything not in-game!

One more Llauma's usefull post:

Quote[/b] ]Every players first priority is too do what's good for the team. Still alot of people seems more eager to get some kills but for the co-op to work we can't have such people joining. It's okay not to know for sure after a few games how we want the game to be played but when some haven't seemed to got the message after months you start to doubt whether they'll ever get it.

Got it.

Can I just mention one thing that doesn't seem to be pointed out but mights be important (As I'm told it constantly)?

I tend to say "Damn" when Im hit or someone says something shocking, and I didn't see any rules about cursing but either it applies to me only or should be added to the rules? Cause I got kicked for saying it a few times (Out of pure habit, I was trying not to) and then misunderstanding one order... I thought I heard Var say "Take out that last troop" on TS (That would have been OK if I had just been told that the order wasn't to "take out that last troop" but to do something else insted of getting Team Killed for it)

Now thats all behind us and my habit of cursing is dying, lets just enjoy the good, clean orgonised CiA Nights!

By the way, I did read the first rules and only infrings one a tiny bit (usless chat) right at the mission beginings. I stayed in formation 99% of time (Exept when lost/seperate by enemy fire)

I only killed one team member when he ran into my molotov (Trying to clear town, didnt see him running)

I followed orders to all costs (Even if I did misunderstand one)

And my concentration was on top 90% of time (People kept ringing me).

Now you see my side. Now we shoot together as OFP Comrades!

I would like to add a few things-

1. If you can't find your team- before asking "where are you" in game, check the map for the green icons. This is probably your team.

2. Remember your number! Lately we find ourselves issuing orders over and over again. This will not be allowed to continue.

3. Keep the TS and chat channels silent! Don't spam with irrelevant information during the game and during the briefing. Not every comment will be regarded as such, we don't forbid joking from time to time. We canot say what ammount of irrelevant messages is fine, this is up to your maturity, just try to keep it low. If you are requested to keep it low or stop, the worst thing you can do is to argue about that.

4. Stay in formation. The standard formation is wedge. Even numbers are always to the right and odd numbers are always to the left. DO NOT run ahead of your leader. make sure the leader is in YOUR field of view. This is your responsiblity.

5. Read the leader's messages which are painted blue and respond to them, pay attention to TS, and respond to the ingame commands. Failing to do so will result with you being asked to leave.

6. Don't curse. We don't find it offensive, but it degrades the proffesional atmosphere in the game. Saying 'shit' from time to time is ok. but- "WTF?!?! Who killed me?!?! SHIT FU**" Will be regarded as a hot-headed, childish behavior and will cause an imminent kick. By the way, the use of capital letters is regarded as shouting.

7. Don't argue with the leader under no circumstances!

Please. There will be no more second chances. We don't like to ask a player to leave (or kick him if he is not resoponsive) but we will do that if we feel that he is interffering the others from having a good game. Unfortunatly that was the case the last time.

I hope that this is the last time we have to deal with this sort of problems.

P.S This is not meant to create an argument. This is how it is going to be. period. Questions, though, will be welcomed.

Quote[/b] ]I hope that this is the last time we have to deal with this sort of problems.

Doubted smile_o.gif

I tend to say "Damn" when Im hit or someone says something shocking, and I didn't see any rules about cursing but either it applies to me only or should be added to the rules? Cause I got kicked for saying it a few times (Out of pure habit, I was trying not to)

Can't be that bad... after all, the word is used in Casablanca. We can't be more puritan than 1940's US movie inspectors... right? crazy_o.gif

Anyways, nice piccies... sorry I wasn't there last night, was playing with HH (OFP, of course) and the, after stopping at around 9pm GMT, went to play a bit of AvP 2 MP demo... totally forgot you. icon_redface.gif

I tend to say "Damn" when Im hit or someone says something shocking, and I didn't see any rules about cursing but either it applies to me only or should be added to the rules? Cause I got kicked for saying it a few times (Out of pure habit, I was trying not to) and then misunderstanding one order

We do not forbid the word damn.

Actually we don't forbid any specific words. What we do forbid is a not-calm-childish behaviour, which is usually chracterized by a panicked messages after something "shocking", as you put it, happens like- "WTF?!?!".

Ofcourse, one time incident did not create the situation we experienced last night. It was a series of behaviours which-

A. Started with the continued mentioned use of words (despite 3 warnings last night and three more warnings last meeting you played).

B. Continued with spaming the comms channels and resulted with-

C. Disobeying a direct order (as a result of a missunderstanding or not).

The combination of all of the above mentioned behaviours lead to the act of kicking.

You are trying to create the impression that only a sporadic use of the word "damn" and then a mistake in understanding an order lead to you being kicked. You are misleading the readers.

That behaviour last night got on our nerves (yes, ours, not only mine), but the fact that we have to deal with it again now and respond here to your attempt to pretend innocent is even more annoying.

I reccomend you to stop trying to defend yourself and just try to act as we expect from all of the participants on the CiA coop nights. Otherwise, you will just add oil to the already existing flame.

dxdshot1170882353kd4.jpg

All that remains of Sputnik Monroe after firing a RPG7 point blank into a wall. He was looking through the optics and didn't realize that the end of the warhead was pressed right against the lip of the wall.

I hoped I would make it tonight, but it turns out now I have some visitors this evening and I'm not sure if I can kick them all out before the coop night starts. So I will probably by late, so please keep the good missions for the end wink_o.gif

Hmmm... I hope we will have an admin. Radnik and myself can't go admin and the_holodoc probably won't join tonight. Bals, Tony- it seems like you are our last resort. Will you be there?

I hope we have an admin. I'm finishing up the briefing on my second mission and will have it ready by game time. Plus I have a bit of a surprise. thumbs-up.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Can't you just use the magic #command? I was admin a couple of times, ages ago biggrin_o.gif

Variable... I guess CiA can no longer be a volunteer server. I guess we have to institute the draft.

Tion3r

Balschoiw

Tony

Congradulations you've been drafted  wink_o.gif