Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

I just sent the download link for my newest mission to Post and Balschoiw. I hope both of them and more show up tonight so we can play it and my other mission.

Any how since I get the feeling no one will read the entire briefing I made here is an excerpt from the Background section in my briefing. It is the back story to the series of missions I'm making of which this mission is the first.

Quote[/b] ]

On December 2nd 1954 East and West Germany announced plans to begin reunification. This of course was not a plan endorsed by the USSR. Moscow immediately reacted by moving several divisions into East Germany to reinforce their forces already in the region. In addition the entire East German government was jailed and put to death for treason. This was not very popular with the German people.

On December 18th thousands of Germans took to the streets to protest and throw rocks at Soviet troops. Their protest and rock throwing was answered with gunfire and at least a thousand East Germans died and untold numbers were arrested.

The following day the government in Bohn activated all units of the newly reformed Bundeswehr and mobilized them to take up positions along the border dividing east and west Germany. The Soviet Union protested and called the redeployment of German troops a “warlike actionâ€. The government in Bohn stated that the troop deployments on the border were purely defensive in nature  given the massive build up of Soviet forces on the other side of the border.

On December 19th the USSR began sending more troops to East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Austria and other nations bordering western European NATO nations. By this time NATO had already mobilized and the American, British, French and Italian militaries were on high alert constructing defensive positions and mobilizing troops. Once again the USSR claimed this was a “warlike move†by the NATO nations. The Soviet premier said if NATO continued down the current path the nations of the Warsaw pact would be forced to defend them selves.

The NATO and Warsaw pact troop buildups continued for a week. The politicians argued and tried to cool the situation. However on the 27th of December there was a small demonstration by East German civilians in a small town only 1 kilometer from the border. At about 3:00PM in the afternoon Soviet troops opened fire on the demonstrators. This action was witnessed by a Mechanized Jaeger company of the Bundeswehr who broke rank and crossed the border into eastern Germany and an engaged the soviet forces in the town. The result of the battle is lost to history, all that is known is that the Soviet forces radioed the situation to their superiors. Now word was traveling like wild fire through the Soviet Army, “The Germans are invadingâ€.

Some time after 4PM the first Soviet Armored divisions crossed the border into West Germany and so world war III had begun. Many NATO units directly on the border were pushed back or routed by 10PM. By the end of the week the Red Army had taken All but the southern portion of West Germany, all of Denmark, Luxemburg, Holland and parts of Belgium. Within that single week the world witnessed the three largest tank battles in history.

It is now mid January. The war has been in progress for over three weeks now. The Soviet advance has stalled on the Adriatic front and slowed in the northern front. Still the Soviets gain an average of 8 miles a day in their advance through north west Europe, it is expected they will be in France by the end of the week unless the NATO forces can hold the line.

I would have read it biggrin_o.gif I will next time we play it.

Edit: Oh nuts. I missed Wednesday night sad_o.gif

Screenshot from yesterday. Kind of a eerie red haze from the sunrise. Too bad the game was crashed when I took the screenshot.

dxdshot1171489554by7.jpg

Paradroping on "Where Eagles Dare". This mission is still marked for completion  banghead.gif

dxdshot1171237495ut0.jpg

Suomi-Finland-Perkele booby-trapping the Shilka.

dxdshot1171487474vg8.jpg

Sputnik's screenshot. Iv'e brightened it a bit. What do you think Sputnik? smile_o.gif

dxdshot1171489554by7zj0.jpg

Doc stoping the ammo truck a minute before we loose the mission, this mission is still marked for completion though !  banghead.gif

dxdshot1171493680tg7.jpg

Thanks for the games everyone!

Hey Var, last time I was in we got pretty near completing Where Eagles Dare didn't we? That was a good mission. Only problem was that guy who kept running out of formation then not knowing where his teammates were (For all you not there lets just say it ended up with me having a hole or two in my chest! wow_o.gif) and the demo guy didn't have enough Satchels tounge2.gif

And then it being so late everybody had to go, hehe.

I hope I make it Sunday to try and complete it with you biggrin_o.gif

nice screenshots, looking foward to next coop party.

Wow. Sunday the 18th (To Monday the 19th's tounge2.gif ) game was awesome. <span style='color:red'>We have completed "Where Eagles Dare"</span> biggrin_o.gif

I was the only (un)lucky git to survive our truck getting hit by a 120mm (or something that confused the hell out of me and killed everyone else), so I had to single handedly take out a 4 man squad, a T80, then all its crew that jumped out at me, then drive the battered truck into the safezone! All the while being super-heavily injured crazy_o.gif

But man was it fun! All my luck for this week must have all been expended on that game! Without pure luck I would have died 20 times over tounge2.gif

Ill post screenshots in the morning... Sleeeeeeeep...

Anybody reading this who hasn't played any CiA night and is looking for a good old-fasioned orgonised and serious CoOp I suggest you try it out!

Standing by a dead tractor, check the corpses to the left

dxdshot1171849134ma5.jpg

Presenting the captured prisoner. Mission accomplished!

dxdshot1171850249er7.jpg

Waiting in the Ferary? Porche?

dxdshot1171851066kg2.jpg

Captured weapons

dxdshot1171851587wf2.jpg

Thanks for the games guys! Been great.

Somehow every sunday and wednesday something seems to pop up so I can't make it... again tomorrow. Sunday is still free and I am really working on keeping it that way so I can finally join you guys again for some action.

Somehow every sunday and wednesday something seems to pop up so I can't make it...

Iv'e had the girl who is resposible for our work schedule not placing me on Sundays and Wednesdays nights. She is a bit pissed because she knows that I am playing with you guys, but she will get over it..

Anyhow, I hope that soon with the next patch we might be able to switch to ArmA. I will definetly join then.

gdamnit Albert!, take the OpF out of your dark and dusty vault and join the comrades biggrin_o.gif .

Lately we keep on reassigning for late players. It increases the waiting time and it reached the point last time that we waited almost the same as we played.

I suggest that from now on we wont go back each and everytime someone new join, with the exeption of CiA members.

Those that are late will wait for the next mission on TS or with ofpwatch. I think that this solution will be on the benefit of everybody, even those that are late, because it will increase the total 'play time'.

Please, be on time at 20:00 GMT.

I don't like to be mean but I agree with variable. The past couple co ops we have almost always spent the first hour going back and forth from briefing to reassign and vice versa.

Hola comrades!

It has nothing to do with beeing mean or such.

Going back to pick up one person does make no sense if there are 10 others waiting. Thats just unpolite against the ones who were at the server right at time.

So please dont be disappointed when we dont go back even from the briefing to pick you up. Its nothing personal then, just keep in mind, that time is limited on the evenings.

AND: This goes for everyone, CiA members included!

Same rights for everyone. (Oh man, this means i have to be there too right in time whistle.gif)

See you at 21.00 CET welcome.gif

Tony

Heyo!

Get ready guys, Games are about to start soon. Check your gear, bring your girls to bed and dont forget to grab the obligatory saltsticks!

for anyone, whos not sure about the right time, check this :

Atomclock

We will start at 21:00!

CU!

Tony Atomclock Marony

Tony your clock link gave me MY local time and not the server's..

We start on 21:00 CET, but 20:00 GMT.

In the last coop night Tony, Reaper, Radnik and myself used Skype for battle communication via a conference call. It worked very well and it has several advantages:

1) Voices sound much clearer than on Team Speak.

2) There is no need for PTT key or voice activation. Everybody transmit all the time. However, no ambient interference sounds were heard.

4) There seem to have no affect on the bandwidth or ping ingame (And we used TS as well).

Anybody who would like to use it with us is welcome to do so. During next meeting we can exchange Skype user names.

We will keep using TS in the meantime, together with Skype, and you don't have to get it if you don't want to.

1) Voices sound much clearer than on Team Speak.

4) There seem to have no affect on the bandwidth or ping ingame (And we used TS as well).

1 because you have the codec in ts set too low... its always been like this on cia teamspeak, altho didn't matter too much cos most people where scared to talk :P

right click on the channel and select edit and select a higher quality codec speex 12.5 is fairly good qualtiy with out using a shit load of bandwidth

4 you can set the amount of bandwidth ts is allowed to use

gonna try and get for a game tonight , if ive got time b4 games and can be arsed i might knock up a mission to play

right click on the channel and select edit and select a higher quality codec  speex 12.5 is fairly good qualtiy with out using a shit load of bandwidth

gonna try and get for a game tonight , if ive got time b4 games and can be arsed i might knock up a mission to play

Done. All TS channels are set to Speex 12.3 (there is no 12.5). Let's still try Skype today again anyhow though.

Quote[/b] ]gonna try and get for a game tonight , if ive got time b4 games and can be arsed i might knock up a mission to play

Excellent. We are thinking to make an early start today. Whoever can join at 20:00 CET, do so please!

Dang... crazy_o.gif

I'll try to make it early...

So you arn't using TS tonight? I don't have Skype and have no idea how to use it... If you confirm you're using Skype tonight I'll try to get it.

We are not switching to Skype. We are using it together with TS. To get Skype just use the link on my post.