Sign in to follow this  
Vit-Vit Labs

Ah-1W - Super Cobra

Quote[/b] ]

Great helicopter pack!

Are you planning to include the new AH-1Z?

Check it out @

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/supcobra/

It has 4 blades instead of 2 which means greater speed, rate of climb and increased payload especially with new engines. The upgrade will also add a laser rangefinder/designator. In addition to carrying TOWs and hellfires it is being qualified to carry the AGM-65 Maverick ASM and add chaff and flare counter measures.

The UH-1N is being upgraded to UH-1Y as well in the upgrade program since they have similar systems

i start to crate the ah-1z

screenshot here...

sc1

sc2

and Marco(IV`s AH64 Pack)help me with the new cockpit smile_o.gif

can someone extensivly test this AH1W? i seem to have a problem which is impossible to re-create due to it being random and all.. where the external veiw of the helo (weither player is in it or on the ground) where theentire veiw is clouded by these long blury streaks.. that lag like hell if u look at them. its like its impossible to explain i know i should take a screenshot next time it happens.. but can someone fuck around with it, even on teh desert island for a few hours and see if it happens to them or if my game is just being stupid every once in awhile.

the reason i ask is cuz i want to use these for Y2K3 but if they are gonna cause this problem, even at random is no good sad_o.gif  but if its jsut me then fuck it i can live with it.  smile_o.gif

edit: vit you deffenitly need to make those winglet's longer... heres some nice images to help you with your Z model.. which if u hurry it i can use it in Y2K3 instead  tounge_o.gif

http://www.hkngallery.org.uk/hkngall....z_1.jpg

http://www.hkngallery.org.uk/hkngall....z_2.jpg

AH1-138.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

can someone extensivly test this AH1W? i seem to have a problem which is impossible to re-create due to it being random and all.. where the external veiw of the helo (weither player is in it or on the ground) where theentire veiw is clouded by these long blury streaks.. that lag like hell if u look at them. its like its impossible to explain i know i should take a screenshot next time it happens.. but can someone fuck around with it, even on teh desert island for a few hours and see if it happens to them or if my game is just being stupid every once in awhile.

the reason i ask is cuz i want to use these for Y2K3 but if they are gonna cause this problem, even at random is no good but if its jsut me then fuck it i can live with it.

edit: vit you deffenitly need to make those winglet's longer... heres some nice images to help you with your Z model.. which if u hurry it i can use it in Y2K3 instead

hi pappy boyington

i dont knew this bug

if you can show me its be great

p.s

you want to test the ah-1z??

I think one of the best cobras was the AH-1f..the one like on the original ofp.

ps AH-1z looks good. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I think one of the best cobras was the AH-1f..the one like on the original ofp.

we update the ah-1w

ah-1z and ah-1f

marco and i want to crate Ah-1 Pack with deferend loadouts and to add more nation..

so its take time.. we have a lots of wok

please please please.. do the other nation helos in a seperate pbo file. keep each nation to thier own PBO (include them all in the download) or keep the US one in a sepearte pbo.. for those of us that just want a certian nation.. we dont need 30 megs of helos.. just for the US one, or the turkish one, so on and so forth.

thats one thing that always irked me about other simaler addons.

What? You guys want other countries?  crazy_o.gif

*Shuffles back to Photoshop*

wink_o.gif

me? no. screw the other countrys tounge_o.gif

on the other hand.. thats why i dont mod specific vehicles like that... cuz people ask for other nations and thats where it gets annoying.

by the way talk vit into adapting footmunchs "roundel" system. that way you can do one texture. and 80 or 90 roundels smile_o.gif

I suppose you could set that up so you could get random nose art? That would be cool, there are about 3 or 4 different shark mouths.

the reason i ask is cuz i want to use these for Y2K3 but if they are gonna cause this problem, even at random is no good sad_o.gif  but if its jsut me then fuck it i can live with it.  smile_o.gif

Just yesterday, I all of a sudden started having issues w/ the skin of the helo. For me, at first, everything except the pitch-change rods, UHF/VHF antennaes, Hellfires, and the pilots were invisible. Hmm, I thought. This is no good. I was in the mission editor on Afghanistan Revisited. I tried it on a couple of different missions in the editor, none of them too taxing on my machine, and all had the same problem. When I went to a simple mission, one Cobra and a squad of bad guys on the desert island, it was fine.

I went back to the editor and Afghanistan, and the problem came back, but this time the Snake on the nose was there too. Long story short, basically in the editor, it had this problem off and on on both Desert and Afghan islands. So I fired up the same missions as compiled versions, and there were no problems at all.

So, if it's just the editor, okay. Maybe it's just my machine. I can't figure out why it has problems now when it hasn't before, especially since the only change I've made is Santuary's editor mod. I think it was having the same problem before that, but I need to test it a bit more. Anyway, just another bug report.

yea that sounds something like what i had. mine in exterior view looked more like a procupine in navy-grey that laged me to hell. played for an horu and COULD not recreate it for a screenshot sad_o.gif

so i dont know what it is.. i found that restarting OFP fixes it.. but thats notreally a solution. but the real question is not "what is the solution" but "what is the problem" crazy_o.gif

In the hope that someone can shed some light on this...here's a pic of the problem Pappy was talking about:

Funky Cobra

It started happening to me. Framerate wasn't an issue for me. Ignore the black smoke. That's from a firey Hind off screen.

actualy mine was 10x worse crazy_o.gif but still i belive its the same issue crazy_o.gif its seems totaly random for me. and as you said it seems to only happen in the editor... no wait it happend during "ground assult" once. but yea same thing basicly

@Pappy,

we will it make, who i make it in my Apache Pack, US in Basic pbo and other Nations are in seperate pbo's

regreetz

Marco

Hello

we update the Ah-1w to Beta 4

Update Beta 4

==============

1)Fix Aim9 bug.

2)Fix Hellfire texture bug.

3)ECP support

4)chacge some stuff in 3d.

5)Remove (AA) vrision.

6)remove Aim9.

7)Fix Cannon sound.

8)Add new desert and camo texture.

9)Fix start script.

10)Add Damage script.

11)Damage Warning system.

12)Fix gun move Axis.

enjoy

Vit Labs

smile_o.gif

Hi, this Beta4 looks well, flys well & sounds well; the cannon sound it's very fanzy. The HUD bug stills there, it falls if receive 1/4 of dammage, the Hellfires can blow off a PSC BTR-T 1.1 of just 1 shot, looks like that some times appear a bug, a weird looping in the sound afther be destroyed. There's a line that shouldn't be there in the cockpit glass between the pilot & gunner places; the black texture of the intern of the engines exit get's out from the engines edges; there's no black texture for the inside of the intake of the engines. But the hell-o sounds rock; and over all the goon sound. The burning script looks very well too and don't lags, the barrels have no hole in the front, the position lights (those stripes in the tail, behind the wings & under the cockpit) don't shine in low light conditions (like in the Diesel A-10's) the FLIR (if that's a FLIR... that over the barrel) don't looks so well, the rigth glass it's fatter than the left one.

And well... those are all the noticeable bugs or small things that i've found on this Beta4; i hope that this list helps... i couldn't make it better than how it's, in fact, i couldn't make it; i've try it. Let's cu

Awesome Whiskey Vit! Too bad you got rid of those Sidewinders. But the textures on both the Desert and WD Camo is definitely improved. The sound effects for the chain gun was also given a "ummph" in sense of power. You've been working super hard to turn out the revisions this fast, great work!

i dont like the dammage textures on the camo or the desert one crazy_o.gif everything else is nice thou smile_o.gif

pure.. you want help with the dammage textures? rock.gif

I have just took it for a spin, very nice.

The Marines leters on the left flick thru the rotor but are ok on the right side and the green HUD disapears sometimes, other than that i found no issues with it and no probs putting them on the editor either (default editor).

I like the water rotorwash very much, only the dust could be increased maybe, its barely noticeable.

Maybe sharpen the interior and main rotor but overall i like this addon alot, thanks guys smile_o.gif .

dunno of this is a bug

but when it gets dammaged half armor

it just crashes

Hey Vit! Great helo!

My only complain is that the hellfire missiles donnot lock on to anything. They are like FFARS, I can just point and shoot.

Keep up the good work! biggrin_o.gif

Actually, I forgot about damage textures. I can do them, but I don't think it works very well in ofp. If you just crash it or something, it suddenly looks like its been shot up. I don't know of any other helicopters that use dammage textures.

I could always make a compromise and do one which looks burnt up like its crashed.

dunno of this is a bug

but when it gets dammaged half armor

it just crashes

you probably are unlucky and get shot in the engine

Quote[/b] ]I don't know of any other helicopters that use dammage textures.

cpt moore's UH1C smile_o.gif

for Y2K3.. i removed the dammaged options from the config

BULLET_HOLE.gif us this one.. use the background eraser function in PSP and then resize it to 50% then place 3 or 4 in a line.. not a straight line a rather.. ziggy line like on the grey version. do this randomly all over the helos.