Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Deltas/Rangers/Weapons 2.0 Released

really strange why some people get loads of problems and i get none, my mission even worked with the updated deltas, intresting about that the vdv forces would give error, i had

LSR_naval.pbo, LSR_gru.pbo and LSR_rfwp.pbo addons also loaded in the LSR mod folder togheter witht he deltas , rangers and i haven't had any trouble at all.

Same here.. and I have LSR_vdv addon too..no problems!

I dont know guys rock.gif

Altered the GrenadeLauncher lines Sancturay posted about and the error messege have disapeared. smile_o.gif

When starting the game I get missing entry cfgweapons.INQ_USP. Is this part of the pack? It didnt happen til I loaded this mod.

yeh i get no errors.... i dont know why some people have errors. Laser i just wanted say that they are great.. and i have a new favorite machine gun.. the one the Delta uses.. i think its a mk43. its fucking huge and devastating!

I have a fix for the M16grenadelauncher issue that everyone is haveing (somewhat different solution than Sanctuary took). I can't post it right now, but it involves changing the config file. I have my own config right now, but it was based on the EECP config, so if some of you are having troubles, it may be related. It may even be in the default BIS config (I didn't check). But in a nutshell, within the config when defining classes (weapon or any other) it looks something like this

NORMAL

class M16grenadelauncher : GrenadeLauncher

Mine had this

class M16grenadelauncher

which meant that the weapon did not refer back to grenadelauncher which contains some additional definitions, which refers back to something else and so on until it refers back to : default.

I had missing "references" for lack of a better word for about 3 weapons in the same area. To fix it, you just put in the

: "whatever" (in my case "grenadlauncher") to refer it back to the previously defined similar weapon - When I went back in my config to that weapon, I noticed that it too was missing the :"whatever". I had to go back 3 weapons until it went to default.

Its a 2 minute fix, not very difficult.

GREAT!! ADDON!!! :-) great models, great textures.

only small thing i have spotted so far is the double entry of NVG's in the menu, were you have "put on NV googles" and "lower NVG", and that lower NVG keeps saying lower NVG when they are down.

But that doesn't matter.. REALY love your work!! biggrin_o.gif

I havent seen any problem with the ICP_rfwp.pbo earlier in the thread, I use them and they dont give me any problem. are you sure you have the newest version?? think its RF Motorized Infantry V2 and Russian weapon pack v.3.2

GREAT!! ADDON!!! :-)   great models, great textures.  

only small thing i have spotted so far is the double entry of NVG's in the menu, were you have "put on NV googles" and "lower NVG", and that lower NVG keeps saying lower NVG when they are down.

But that doesn't matter.. REALY love your work!!  biggrin_o.gif

I havent seen any problem with the ICP_rfwp.pbo earlier in the thread, I use them and they dont give me any problem. are you sure you have the newest version?? think its RF Motorized Infantry V2 and Russian weapon pack v.3.2

Nezz:

I too have the double entry, but as for the "Lower NVG" action item, if you activate it, and then hit the number pad ENTER, the option will change. I've always had this problem w/ goggles and NVGs for both BAS and Laser's units. I'm pretty sure it's an OFP thing.

Yes, I found this bug last night. A little bug, but no major problems so far.

After fixing the config.cpp (M16GrenadeLauncher to GrenadeLauncher) it works fine... tounge_o.gif

Small gripe with new weapons pack...the AT4 is not a guided weapon, yet it seems that it inherits from the Carl Gustav. I don't think the CG is guided (or propelled in flight) either.

OK, people, thanks for finding the bugger smile_o.gif

Yes, i managed to solve that problem (the one with M16GrenadeLauncher) too yesterday night, and i'm going to fix it and other issues pretty soon. Although, i'm still not sure about .modelSpecials, since i was not getting this... but i'll check again, along with other problems which came up.

And now to the promised mission. Download it here... but please note that this free hosting server is at best unreliable, so please consider making some mirrors for it.

These units are nice, good work Laser.

However, they're not better than units in VBS.. people drawing these conclusions need to grow up. Have you even played VBS?

rock.gif

The constant bitching is dragging these forums down.

However, they're not better than units in VBS.. people drawing these conclusions need to grow up. Have you even played VBS?

rock.gif

What's the point of this post?

rock.gif

1) Congratulate Laser on his nice units for OFP

2) Point out that this forum is not a plynth for people to make remarks about a game they have not played.

Clear enough? rock.gif

These units are nice, good work Laser.

However, they're not better than units in VBS.. people drawing these conclusions need to grow up.  Have you even played VBS?

rock.gif

The constant bitching is dragging these forums down.

Duh, VBS1 units were made by fully paid professionals with a contract with the military they're recreating them for so they can be as accurate as possible. Why you even had to say this is beyond me.

I agree with Jag on the unit comparison.

And it is quite useless to say that "this or that is better". I don't think Laser had this in mind doing his addons. I think addon makers try to make their models and textures as best as possible for this very moment.

Laser just drew new benchmark line for new addons as well as BIS (OFP2). This is just a new stage of addon developement. It will still improve, I am sure of that.

laser, just a suggestion: Is it possible we can give some grenadiers a vest as opposed to 5 or so grenades? It would be great if we can have 30 instead of 5 biggrin_o.gif

However, they're not better than units in VBS.. people drawing these conclusions need to grow up.  Have you even played VBS?

rock.gif

1) Congratulate Laser on his nice units for OFP

2) Point out that this forum is not a plynth for people to make remarks about a game they have not played.

Clear enough?  rock.gif

I agree with you that it's idiotic to judge VBS1 without having played it, and I do think the VBS1 stuff does look a bit better than LSR's units (only by a very tiny margin, these units are trully excellent Laser; by far the best looking troops in OFP.) however, I feel it's quite probable that people are probably merely expressing an opinion on Lasers work rather than pissing on VBS1 out of spite; in their opinion these units may indeed look better than VBS1's stuff, but in your opinion (and mine) they're not quite as good, opinions vary mate. You didn't seem angered by the fact that people said your C-130 is better than that in VBS1 based on comparing a few screenshots did you? Laser reading that some people think that his troops surpass the quality of the very obviously outstanding VBS1 units must be really encouraging for him, and people have probably expressed such an opinion to applaud his thus.

People can argue that chairs are better than tables, a stupid thing to compare I know but ultimately, once we are faced with forming an opinion we create an opinion on which is better whether we like it or not. If we all agreed what was best, the world would be boring. This being said, some of us OFP players who don't have VBS1 have made rather silly, childish comments that shouldn't have been made, so I can understand why you're being a little on the defensive.

Either way, let's not stir up some bad feelings between the community over the OFP/VBS issue again like what happened in the CSLA thread recently. Not only will it piss of the moderaters but other members of the forums too, and we're not here to piss eachother off are we?

Again, trully excellent work Laser, everything about this pack is great. You should be very proud and deserve all the thanks and applause you get.

This is really a top quality addon, excellent units and a very good weapon pack too. I really like the m60e4.

Thanks for the hard work put in to do this addon.

I tried these out last night.

Excellent work. Loved it all, attention to detail is amazing!

Can't wait for a mission to play these with.

Especially like the Sniper rifle with the option to change ammo type. Genius.

The recoil is huge, but pressing alt solves the recovery problem.

The units look even better when combined with Sanctuary's Anims(which I also DLed for the first time yesterday)

Great work mate, long may it continue. smile_o.gif

Fixed the problems I was having earlier, and wowza!  Thank you again Laser.  I especially love the new models for the M72LAW and AT4, not to mention the damage values having been changed.  It always was a pain to having to use 2 AT4s on a MBT, especially when you were faced with multiple armor hostiles.  And while I know I'm not raising praise for everything that should receive it, the sound and new models (both units and weapons) is amazing.  That and the added bonus of you allowing for standard BIS magazine compatibility.  To me that makes it even more modular as you can just pick of mags from other standard BIS fallen units.  Thanks again!

hmmm your mission doesnt work.. first of all it says you need BAS something (heli?) and second you cannot edit it becaues an odd error appears.

<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>FOUND THE DAMN CULPRIT</span>

YEAH !  biggrin_o.gif

Guess what its one of Lasers own addons which conflicts but its not LSR ranger/deltas as was being insinuated , its LSR's VDV troops and probably their weapons. PBO names:

LSR_vdv.pbo

ICP_rfwp.pbo

Dont use those *insert loads of swearing here*  with these guys it gives the .model/special error i just tested it.

I was planning on using these addons together for a little mision but it seems it wont work , back to sucheys stuff i go ....  crazy_o.gif .

um i pulled the ICP_rfwp.pbo out of my addons folder, and i still get this error i dont have the other one, and it seems like some of the textures are missing from some of my desert units

any suggestions?